“Average, quiet and clean”

Candlewood Suites St Robert
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Average, quiet and clean”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We are traveling cross country and decided to stay for the night. We came in late and were super tired from driving all day and after checking in went to our room only to find it was keyed to someone else's room. So, we returned to the front desk and got a different room. The place was otherwise clean and quiet and we got a good night sleep. Oh, the toilet didn't flush well - no pressure.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear pschwei54,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry about the room confusion and the toilet condition. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here three nights for my son's Basic Training graduation. This place is the most accommodating hotel I've ever stayed at. It's clean and beautiful with everything I could possibly have needed. It's close to the base and the freeway. Best of all...the people who work there are kind, courteous,helpful and friendly. I highly recommend Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed February 2013
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hello! Congratuations to your son and his accomplishments! Graduating Basic Training at FLW is no easy task! You must be very proud. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the accommodations at CWS/St. Robert, MO. We definiately are located in the perfect spot, close to restaurants, shopping,and only a short 5 minute drive to Ft. Leonard Wood. Thank you for recommending us. Hope to see you again soon!
St. Thomas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First I'd like to thank Mr. Lynch, Marsha and the rest of the Candlewood Suites staff, right down to housekeeping.... Talk about comfort, not only in the rooms, but the customer service in itself was Off The Chain. I stayed there with a couple of our folks from the 285th CES down here in the Virgin Islands during Tech School and as much as I don't like the cold, I'd pay to return to the service I recieved at the Candlewood Suites St. Robert, MO. I was in one room for a little over 3 months and everything was great during that time. If i needed info. on the surounding area, what to do, where to go, how to do it, whatever it maybe.. front desk always provided for us(myself, John-Baptiste, Carino and Sampson). All I can say is Wow....!!!!! What an Awsome experience in a wonmderful place with an Extra Ordinary staff.....Big Up Bubba....

Room Tip: Bottom floor is great when its raining.. u can hear the rain drops on ur A/C unit.. Upper floors are...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tn
Reviewed January 15, 2013

my in-laws, my 2 year old daughter and myself stayed here in dec, before Christmas. my husband was graduating from BCT. The staff was so helpful and friendly! The hotel was BEAUTIFUL! For a hotel that accepts pets, it is very well kept! I myself work at a holiday inn in TN and i was so impressed with this hotel! beds great, room very clean and tidy! I just wish the hotel would have had a pool or restaurant. it does have a place to buy drinks or snacks and some microwaveable foods, and there are places to eat and a gas station very close. very good hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kings Bay, Georgia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for 61 days while attending a training course. I wasn't looking forward to staying that long in a hotel, but I must say that I had a great experience. The staff was helpful from the very beginning, when first checking in I had a room located right outside the elevator. I'm a very light sleeper and ask to be switch to another room around the corner far from foot traffic. The front desk moved me immediately and suggested that I used the cart that are available for the residents. When attending class, my classmates would inform me of their amenities such as indoor pools, apartment like hotels and complementary breakfast. I was tempted to leave on several occasions but the great customer service kept me loyal. After a few weeks I started to hear horror stories on how their stay was going. The Candlewood has free laundry facilities, 4 dryers and 3 washers, I would suggest washing on any day besides Sunday, if this isn't an option for you, just get in there by 0800 and you shouldn't have to wait. Another great amenity is the store located downstairs, I was able to purchase snacks and personal items by filling out the charge form which will be billed to your room or you can take your items to the front desk to pay. There is also two computers and a printer for your convenience. I needed to make copies and the front desk was nice enough to make them for me. I was always at the front desk to request random things and was always met with a smile. The payment system they have for the students was a blessing. I didn't receive my advance pay on time but it wasn't an issue because they charge my card on the 1st and the 15th. If your a student and thinking about where to stay during your TDY, stay here you won't be disappointed. I would like to Thank the Candlewood Staff for taking care of me and it really did feel like a home away from home. If I'm in the area again I WILL be staying at the Candlewood.

Room Tip: Get any room located away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Marsha1978, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Wow! 61 days is a long time to be away from home. We are glad Candlewood Suites could help make you feel comfortable. That is our goal for all of our guests and especially those here for weeks or even months at a time. I appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and our team. They love what they do!
Lacey
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family is in process of PCSing from Fort Leonard Wood to Fort Lewis. Our room was amazing. Very open and spacious, perfect for my family of four, our dog and our luggage. The room was very clean. The staff at the hotel is amazing. Very friendly and willing to help no matter what you need. I have already recommended the Candlewood to friends of mine who are PCSing in February and highly recommend it to anyone coming into the Fort Leonard Wood area needing a hotel. Beautiful property and is pet friendly.

Room Tip: We were on the end away from the highway. Very convient for our dog as it is right next to the pet...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
The entire team was thrilled you chose Candlewood Suites for your stay. It was GREAT to see you again! Hoping your dog enjoyed his little treat he received upon check in. Good luck and safe travels to you and your family!
Dixon, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here for a night with my 11 year old daughter and her friend. This room was great, full kitchen and a separate bed room to take a break from two giggling girls. Sophie at the front desk was amazing, she checked us in quickly and informed us of all the amenities the hotel had to offer. Great location, super clean and awesome staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family