“"Off The Chain Stay"”

Candlewood Suites St Robert
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First I'd like to thank Mr. Lynch, Marsha and the rest of the Candlewood Suites staff, right down to housekeeping.... Talk about comfort, not only in the rooms, but the customer service in itself was Off The Chain. I stayed there with a couple of our folks from the 285th CES down here in the Virgin Islands during Tech School and as much as I don't like the cold, I'd pay to return to the service I recieved at the Candlewood Suites St. Robert, MO. I was in one room for a little over 3 months and everything was great during that time. If i needed info. on the surounding area, what to do, where to go, how to do it, whatever it maybe.. front desk always provided for us(myself, John-Baptiste, Carino and Sampson). All I can say is Wow....!!!!! What an Awsome experience in a wonmderful place with an Extra Ordinary staff.....Big Up Bubba....

Room Tip: Bottom floor is great when its raining.. u can hear the rain drops on ur A/C unit.. Upper floors are...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 15, 2013

my in-laws, my 2 year old daughter and myself stayed here in dec, before Christmas. my husband was graduating from BCT. The staff was so helpful and friendly! The hotel was BEAUTIFUL! For a hotel that accepts pets, it is very well kept! I myself work at a holiday inn in TN and i was so impressed with this hotel! beds great, room very clean and tidy! I just wish the hotel would have had a pool or restaurant. it does have a place to buy drinks or snacks and some microwaveable foods, and there are places to eat and a gas station very close. very good hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for 61 days while attending a training course. I wasn't looking forward to staying that long in a hotel, but I must say that I had a great experience. The staff was helpful from the very beginning, when first checking in I had a room located right outside the elevator. I'm a very light sleeper and ask to be switch to another room around the corner far from foot traffic. The front desk moved me immediately and suggested that I used the cart that are available for the residents. When attending class, my classmates would inform me of their amenities such as indoor pools, apartment like hotels and complementary breakfast. I was tempted to leave on several occasions but the great customer service kept me loyal. After a few weeks I started to hear horror stories on how their stay was going. The Candlewood has free laundry facilities, 4 dryers and 3 washers, I would suggest washing on any day besides Sunday, if this isn't an option for you, just get in there by 0800 and you shouldn't have to wait. Another great amenity is the store located downstairs, I was able to purchase snacks and personal items by filling out the charge form which will be billed to your room or you can take your items to the front desk to pay. There is also two computers and a printer for your convenience. I needed to make copies and the front desk was nice enough to make them for me. I was always at the front desk to request random things and was always met with a smile. The payment system they have for the students was a blessing. I didn't receive my advance pay on time but it wasn't an issue because they charge my card on the 1st and the 15th. If your a student and thinking about where to stay during your TDY, stay here you won't be disappointed. I would like to Thank the Candlewood Staff for taking care of me and it really did feel like a home away from home. If I'm in the area again I WILL be staying at the Candlewood.

Room Tip: Get any room located away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Marsha1978, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Wow! 61 days is a long time to be away from home. We are glad Candlewood Suites could help make you feel comfortable. That is our goal for all of our guests and especially those here for weeks or even months at a time. I appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and our team. They love what they do!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family is in process of PCSing from Fort Leonard Wood to Fort Lewis. Our room was amazing. Very open and spacious, perfect for my family of four, our dog and our luggage. The room was very clean. The staff at the hotel is amazing. Very friendly and willing to help no matter what you need. I have already recommended the Candlewood to friends of mine who are PCSing in February and highly recommend it to anyone coming into the Fort Leonard Wood area needing a hotel. Beautiful property and is pet friendly.

Room Tip: We were on the end away from the highway. Very convient for our dog as it is right next to the pet...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

The entire team was thrilled you chose Candlewood Suites for your stay. It was GREAT to see you again! Hoping your dog enjoyed his little treat he received upon check in. Good luck and safe travels to you and your family!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here for a night with my 11 year old daughter and her friend. This room was great, full kitchen and a separate bed room to take a break from two giggling girls. Sophie at the front desk was amazing, she checked us in quickly and informed us of all the amenities the hotel had to offer. Great location, super clean and awesome staff!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Excellent experience! This was my second stay within a 1 year period. It was especially nice to see Mr. Bubba at the front desk remembered me from my last stay; it just feels great being remembered from the last time I was there.
I would also like to mention Matthew at the front desk was very helpful. I had to present a brief to my superiors and he was very helpful in providing the necessary resources to make my presentation a succesful one.
And let's not forget Melissa and the housekeeping staff. Right on schedule and I have nothing but excellent comments for their service.
Overall, the front desk and housekeeping staff were very courteous. I would definitely stay at the Candlewood during my next stay.

Room Tip: Any room is a great room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friend and I were driving cross-country and this was along our route. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions to local eateries. The room was spacious and very clean. If any of my military friends have to be in that area, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends