“faulty elevator”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Keller, United States
“faulty elevator”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Just as I was getting into my room on the 2nd floor @ 10pm and driving 6 hours, the smoke alarms went off. We are all asked to evacuate, so I dragged my bags back down stairs. Turns out the motor in the elevator overheated and was out of service after that. Nothing anyone could do, just a inconvenience. Other than that, the room was nice but the A/C could have been a little quieter.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Springfield, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The staff was really friendly and the hotel was really nice. The bed was super comfortable and relaxing. I liked the location of the hotel as it is really close to places to eat and Wal-Mart. I did get woke up a few times from a child running in the halls; however, I didn't report it. I am sure they would have said something if I had made a complaint. I wish the rooms were a little quieter. The breakfast was very decent for being free.

Anytown, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Standard Hampton biggest upside is walking distance to Aussie Jacks. 200 charters minimum is a tripadvisor requirement to post even if you don't have that much to say. 200 charters minimum is a tripadvisor requirement to post even if you don't have that much to say. 200 charters minimum is a tripadvisor requirement to post even if you don't have that much to say.

Brooklyn Park, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The hotel is very clean. A little disappointed the pool was closed. We were welcomed each time we arrived. The rooms are very clean. The variety of breakfast was good. Don't be late though they close it down on the dot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Kelly N
United States
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was assigned a handicap room although I did not ask for that room type. It was inconvenience. There is a chair in the shower and the toilet bowl that occupied most of the shower space. I was uncomfortable with is higher than normal toilet bowl. The door of the bath room have 1” x 12 “ hole. When I talked to the front desk for changing the room, I was very surprise that they knew all the room’s problems. Luckily, I was able to move to the other room later although it was a hassle to move all my belonging to the new room. The room looks badly with a damaged bathroom door.

1 Thank T Q
Trevor G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Saint Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with our team. I would like to apologize for the room type mix up. We constantly strive to provide great service and accommodations to all of our guest and I am sorry that we fell short for you during your stay. I would also like to assure you that the damaged bathroom door has been addressed and we are currently waiting for the replacement to arrive. Again, thank you for you review of our hotel. It will allow us to grow and continue to get better as we serve our guests.
Marion, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2014

From the moment we walked into the lobby we were treated like family. No questions we asked or requests we made were taken lightly. The breakfast area was immaculate and the lady running it was so friendly and eager to please - she was proud of the meal she served. Pride was taken in the hotel by the entire staff. It definitely didn't feel like a hotel - more like a resort. The staff directed us to excellent dining and sites. This was our second stay in this Hotel while visiting our soldier. Would not go anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Very good place to stay. Conveniently located. Service is good. Hampton's are a go to place when you need an overnight stay or for a couple of days. The breakfast service makes it easy to get something quick and go on with your day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family