“Clean, Nice and Easily Accessed Off Highway”

Alliance Inn and Suites
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Clean, Nice and Easily Accessed Off Highway”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I am pleased to say there's a clean hotel and nice staff not far off the highway in St. Robert, MO. It used to be a Microtel so the rooms have those cute window benches (but Alliance, couldn't you keep the pads for the bench? Much more comfortable than just wood.) My room was clean and had a frig and micro, much appreciated. Tub was big enough for a bath, also appreciated after a long day's drive.

My ultimate mark of comfort in a hotel room is whether or not I will sit or lay on the bedspread. (Seriously... germs, people. Eww.) While I did take the cover off the bed, I did so with my hands and gently placed it on the ground. No need to kick it off ;)

I'd stay in this hotel again and would recommend it to others as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Iowa
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was travelling with other family members so I had a chance to see 3 different room types, including a very nice double room with a sitting area and pull-out couch. My single was much like other motels but included a nice refrigerator and microwave plus plenty of coffee. We were all very comfortable. The desk staff was knowledgable and friendly; we called to see if we could check in early and they said they'd make sure our rooms were ready in a half an hour! The breakfast wasn't very exciting - juice, cold cereal, muffins, bagels, toast - but it was nice to be able to grab a drink and a muffin before leaving. If I am in the area again I would definitely stay there: great value!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed at The Alliance this week for our son's graduation from Fort Leonard Wood. We had a great stay. The rooms were spotless, beds comfortable, and the showers were steaming hot! The night clerk was especially warm and helpful. We were a little apprehensive, since the price was so low, but it was just as nice as the night before in a high price hotel. Thank you!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I spent four days at the Alliance Inn in St. Robert, Mo in January of 2012 and had a very satisfying experience.
Hotel clerk was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. The room was clean and the furniture was up-to-date. I enjoyed the continental breakfast every morning, and the friendliness of other guests. Would highly recommend this home away from home.
Also, great price.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dolores J
Reviewed February 1, 2012

When my wife was graduating from Fort Leonard Wood I booked this hotel pretty much site unseen. I was a little nervous that I'd be walking into a horror movie set based on price alone. It was the cheapest in the area but turned out to be perfect for my needs. The room had a mini fridge, king size bed and basic tub/shower combo. While it did not have a microwave in it (some rooms do) they have a microwave and toaster in the continental breakfast area that is available for use 24/7. The walls were a little thin as I could hear the maid cart go up and down the hallway every morning, but it was fine as they were never out super early. Probably my favorite feature was the small but necessity carrying convenience store next to the front desk. It doesn't carry a huge variety, but things like soda, snacks, microwave meals, beer, batteries, toothbrush etc etc. It was super convenient! Overall, for the price I would most definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone traveling on a budget looking for a clean, comfortable place for the night or week.

• Stayed January 2012
Lookout Mountain, GA
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I was very upset when we arrived at Mictrotel in St. Robert,MO. We had arrived that evening after driving from GA to find out that our rooms were not available at the time that we arrived. Supposably they had, had water damage 2 days prior to our arrival and did not see the need to contact me with this information or to contact hotels.com, whom I went through to book this reservation. They said that they had taken on themselves to make other arrangements with the Motel 6 down the road, which allows pets and smoking which I'm allergic to both and have to have allergy shots. So first off it was not there job to contact a motel without our knowledge and second I could not risk my health with being at that hotel. They said that the price was the same so they thought that would work out for us. They refused to let us see the rooms that had "Water Damage" states that the rooms were all messed up and tools were all over the hall. However, when 2 of the women that were with me took it up on themselves to ride the elevator to check out the hallways on all of the floors all they saw were a shop vac and a carpet cleaner out in the hallway. At this same time they were a whole lot more people that were coming in and getting there rooms including a whole lot of miltiary people. When we asked why they did not call to let us know of this situation so we could make other arrangements ourselves we got the answer "We just didn't". We asked if they just overbooked us and they kept changing the subject . So we think it was pretty obvious that was what happened, and they thought they could just fix it by changing hotels without our knowledge.

Stayed September 2009
Atlanta
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Pleasant staff, clean room and conveniently located close to Ft Wood. We came for my brother's basic training graduation and the hotel suited our needs wonderfully. The staff was very helpful, and their recommendation for BBQ at Sweetwater was a winner. Restaurants and retailers are close by and in-room free wifi and a communal computer, as well as the complementary continental breakfast pretty much make this hotel an excellent value for the money.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple