“Not impressed”

Route 66 Diner
Ranked #5 of 69 Restaurants in Saint Robert
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Take a step back into a simpler time full of rock n' roll, poodle skirts, and leather jackets when you come to the Route 66 Diner. Our authentic 50's diner aesthetic transports you back in time to offer you a dining experience that is unlike any other. Route 66 Diner offers the same great food you'd expect from a 50's diner, with big juicy burgers, thick and creamy handmade shakes transport your take your taste buds on trip that will leave you craving more. Complete your burger with either crinkle cut or hand cut fries that are always fresh, crisp and hot. Bring the whole family Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights when kids eat free. Work off those post work blues with half price beers during our daily happy hour from 4 to 6 pm. Route 66 Diner is here to take you back in time by offering your great food, fun, and fifties.
Lockport, Illinois
“Not impressed”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This diner was cute and appealing to my kids because of the retro look. The interior was decorated in the standard 50's look ,jukebox included. Unfortunately that was the only thing that I enjoyed. We walked in to a pretty empty restaurant with 4 tables occupied and 2 servers.Almost every table was in need of clearing including the one our server took us to . She cleared it after she walked us there and did not wipe it. We ordered the basic sandwich and hot dog items that were on the menu and waited a very long time (still looking at the dirty tables all around us). The location was right next to our hotel so that was a plus ,my kids enjoyed their over priced meals ,and our server who was very new was also sweet. I however was not impressed and if I ever traveled that way again would not go back here. I'm sure my experience was on an off day for them but it wasn't a pleasant experience for me.

• Visited February 2014

Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
“I love the look an feel of this REAL 60's diner”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I always wanted to eat in a diner - one of those you see in the movies + I give this one full marks. Plus it is a ROUTE 66 diner - even better!

The diner is in the middle of nowhere (between towns) and the decor is just like you'd expect a diner to have. The waitress was also like you'd see in the movies, a speedy girl with a very short skirt and a coffee pot in hand. The food was horrible because they have this famous (popular) type of white sauce on everything. Yuk - it just ain't my taste, but then again it could be just what you love. The other patrons were practically licking their plates clean. Stop here - it is unique.

• Visited October 2013
Pulaski, Wisconsin
“No Choice”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

It was Christmas and this is all that was open. We were looking for something to take back to our hotel and this was just across the street from our hotel.

We noticed there weren't that many other people in the diner so we thought our take out order would be filled quickly. How wrong we were.

We placed our order and began waiting. Finally the waitress brought over the to-go boxes and asked us to review and make sure it looked OK. After we reviewed 3 of the 5 orders the waitress began bagging our things. Suddenly, she drops everything to take care of a gentleman who walked in. She seated him, got his drink, and chatted with him while our order sat on the counter getting cold. The other waitress came over and started shaking her head when we told her what had happened. (We had now been waiting 25 minutes for our order.) She asked which orders we had "seen" and "ok'd." I advised we didn't need to look at the orders, we just wanted the food so we could eat.

I noticed a couple who had come in a few minutes after us had received their food and had finished eating when we were finally leaving with our order. We didn't order anything complicated or that would cause a delay.

In my opinion, they definitely need to review their take out process. More attention should be paid to getting the orders done in the order received. We should have had our food before this couple as we ordered before them.

The food itself was good and the portions were generous. I thought the price was fair and averaged about $10 per meal.

Duncan Falls, Ohio
“Love this Diner!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

While staying in St. Robert, we ate at the Route 66 Diner several times. The staff there are completely wonderful, the meals were prepared very well and the diner is very clean and they have been renovating so it looks more like it would have in its earlier days. All in all, a really great experience and we will visit again!

Gentry, Arkansas
“Lunch and a show”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We ate here on Dec 15. The building is the best part or this experience. The food at best was ok. The show was the unreal. There were three employees in the dining area, two women and a young fellow. The women were yelling at each other from the moment we sat down. They were arguing over who was serving which tables among other things. The younger of the two women was yelling at the young fellow to do this and do that. He stepped up and did what he was told (not asked) to do. We went to pay as we were leaving and that took 10 minutes (there was nobody in front of us). The young woman had no clue how to operate the electronic register. We won't stop here again. Do yourself a favor and eat somewhere else.