“I've never been there in person but...”

Sweetwater Bar-B-Que
Ranked #7 of 70 Restaurants in Saint Robert
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Near Fort Leonard Wood, MO.
Leavenworth, KS
“I've never been there in person but...”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I've enjoyed the food so many times and I must comment on how GOOD it is. I need to go in person sometime soon and recommend you do the same.

Visited June 2012

“Great 'cue, easy access and close to Post”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I like Barbecue, I like variety, and I like uniqueness, Sweetwater has all the above. Rite off I-44, and not to correct an earlier reviewer, on one of the original legs of Route 66. In fact, they occupy an original Route 66 building.
Food is good, many choices and combos. I always opt for the 3 meat combo, variety. They claim a southern Missouri style, uniqueness, mix your sweet KC style with a middle Tennessee base. Ribs, are, Awesome, like the Taters too.
Close to Fort Wood, exit 163 off I-44 on south outer road. Truckstop across Hwy, easy bobtail access. Motorcyclists be aware, Great food, GRAVEL Lot. Not far from Devils Elbow

Front Royal, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real man food”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Excellent barbecue. Especially recommend the three-meat combo with ribs, pulled pork and beef brisket. Also, the Fried Spuds are a delicious step-up from french fries. The lady taking orders is a little cranky, but the quality and generous portions of food make up for that. Great place to take your newly graduated soldier.

Visited May 2012
Saint James, Missouri
“Lots of food on your plate!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I never leave the Sweetwater BBQ hungry... the food is good (fries are great!) and the portions are really generous.

• Visited May 2012
Iberia, MO
“Good BBQ and great people who run it!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I always have the combo meat platter 'cause I can never make up my mind which one to get. It's a bit out of the way off of old Route 66, but worth it.

• Visited February 2012