New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Saint Robert
AMARILLO
“Extremely Outdated and Grungy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

My wife and booked the hotel off of hotels.com thinking it would work just for the night. Boy were we wrong! The office was nice and the night person was nice too. We got up to our room and it looked like we stepped back in time to the 70's! The room stunk, heater worked on its own schedule. That was the worst part because the temperature was in the teens that night! The bed was extremely uncomfortable. Breakfast was continental but the bagels and bread were stale. The guy at the desk asked if we would mind if he listened to music since we were the only people in there. He puts his music on speaker as loud as it can go. His choice of music wasn't bad (Linkin Park) it's just not the kind of music you want to hear at 7am! If we ever go through there again we'll more than likely stay at some of the newer hotels!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank volunteer911

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Saint Robert, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I would not recommend staying here. Our room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Stains all over the walls. Smelled heavily of smoke even though we were in a smoke free room. Had bugs running around this place is disgusting.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank MissMissouri_11
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Until my stay at Econo Lodge, St. Roberts MO, near Fort Leonardwood, i thought bed bugs were a legend tale from the 1800s. Boy was I wrong. They rexist, and they are alive and well in Econo Lodge. I woke up after my second nights stay to numerous "bug bites that were whelted and VERY itchy. At the time I wrote it off as mosquito bites (maybe one got in my room) and continued to stay one more night. I woke up after the third night with more bites. Come to find out after i got home, and someone suggested they might bed bug bites that I did research on the internet and confirmed that is exactly what they are. It is noted that upon check-out, that i showed the front desk lady come of the bites on my hand and arm and informed her it was from me sleeping in the room (room 112) and she said she would look into it. I did not recieve a call back, an apology, or anything. I even followed up one week later and left a message for the manager, and am still "waiting" on a response. My bites are beginning to heal- but i take benadryl every chance i get. DO NOT STAY HERE---- EVER. I would rather sleep in my car then go through the hassel, sleep-depravation, itching, and possible scaring related to my recent stay. Not no mention, i requested a non-smoking and they said they did not have any and my room reeked of smoke to the point that i smelt like it when I went to work the next day. Worst expereince in a hotel ever-- and i travel at least once a month for work!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank medi8tor53
martin, Ga.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

Close to Fort Leonard Wood. The only room available because of the activities at the base was the jacuzzi suite. The desk clerk was great. She gave us directions to food & shopping. The room was older but clean. It had a comfortable queen bed & a good shower. The bathroom was the same size as the bedroom. It was too big with lots of wasted space. We enjoyed the 2 person jacuzzi. The jacuzzi room was overpriced & would not get again but would stay at the hotel again. But once again, the motel is old & in need of remodeling.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cheapcharley
NewJersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

Let me start with the coffee pot was broken,there were bugs in the bathroom and the room stunk like cigarettes. The two nights we spent there every guest I spoke with had a complaint but it was convenient for me to spend time with my soldier. The woman who works in the office at night is very polite and is always helpful,she is the only plus in staying there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Mantua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

Good room with fridge,microwave and you did get shampoo, Staff friendly the only proble I encountered was they power washed the sidewalks and put debris all over the cars. Stayed one night cause I have reservations at the Star motel but arrived a day early. would have stayed more if needed but the STAR was 20 dollars cheaper and only 3 miles difference in travel time to base. they also don't charge for a fax

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I am leary of staying in motel type properties, but this one was great. I had called in advance and asked for a 1st floor room since I knew there probably was'nt a elevator. I got what I asked for. The hotel is right off the interstate and there are a few resturants and a convience store around within walking distance.

We were there for a basic training graduation and stayed for 4 nights. It was quiet and peaceful despite the fact that they were sold out. The rooms are nice and clean. The beds are comfortable. The front desk clerk was new and just learning but she was very helpful in giving directions to area locations. I never not once had any issues with this property and would recommend it to those who are not expecting the Hilton.

My only issue was the breakfast hours. They began really early and ended early, around 9.30am. I wished that they would have left it out longer on the weekend. But what was available was nice and hot. They do have WiFi but no public internet location. There was a microwave and fridge in the room that we used. The clock radio didnt work, but I was able to get a wake up call each day, so it didnt matter. Not alot of TV channels, but thats not the fault of the motel...its just the location. They do have a laundry on site that I found. At night I would see the desk clerk walking around the parking lot picking up debris, so I know they try to keep the parking lot clean.

St. Robert is a poor little military town that is substained by the post there. We drove to the next town over to go to the movie theather. The Ruby Tuesday is across the interstate and the food was good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends