“beware of this place”

Stay Express Inn St Robert
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We stayed here with our grand daughter . we reserved months ahead of time even called before we left texas to make sure everything was fine ,we checked in late got to the room and there was only one bed . They asked me to make her a palette on the floor for her !!!!!! This is unacceptable . The next day told us they could move us but would have to charge more,the nerve of these people,I wonder if the owner would put his kids on the floor of a hotel he was staying at !!!! The heater would not turn it self so we had to get up in the night to turn it off or on , this is crazy. Then one of the electric outlets stopped working , thats scary .Will never tolerate this again or stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jameswhite5865

Reviewed January 26, 2010

If you are planning on staying in St. Roberts for a long time this is the best price around. However you get what you pay for. I stayed 7 months and the maid service consisted of replacing the towel, take out the trash (sometimes), and make the bed. Good luck with vacuuming. I had to switch rooms once because a mold problem developed in the bathroom ceiling which they simply patched, surprise it came back. The wifi is hit or miss, some rooms get it some don't. Parking can be tough to come by. Like I said before though, if you are looking for convenience and a way to save money this is it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting her boyfriend at Ft Leonard Wood. Very close to base, restaurants and stores. The room was larger than expected! 2 very comfy full sized beds, fridge, microwave, cabinet space (we brought food along) and it didn't smell like an older motel. The front desk girls were SUPERIOR in service, attitude and kindness. They were very knowledgable about area. Even though the Star Hotel is on a main highway, it was amazingly quiet,, no traffic noises. I felt very safe there. I called ahead for good directions (mapquest only does so much!) and got perfect, turn by turn instructions. Like I said, I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Thanks Star!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2009

The Star motel is located one exit past the base #159 base is #162 I believe, The motel is located in the older part of town. Across the street in a Bar but a quite one and next to that is a DQ and a sonic. Gas station is on the other side of the highway (BP)This road will take you to St Rroberts so you don't have to get back on the highway The rooms were very clean with a Fridge and microwave. The one bedroom went for I believe 49 dollars and the two Bed for about 56. dollars....You don't get a hair dryer or shampoo the ice machine is in the lobby along with snacks and beer.. The doors are steel with and industrial card reader lock.. and you feel very safe. The other guests are working people or those visiting their soliders. I stayed two nights and would gladly stay again. unlike other reviewers I didn't see any hookers and I looked about the property nice place...
If you travel to the base on a motorcycle they bas will not let you on with it..

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank neohiobiker
Reviewed September 26, 2008

My 10 month old son and I stayed at the Star Motel while in MO to see my husband graduate from boot camp at Fort Leonard Wood. I found the hotel online and booked it right away. I stayed for 5 nights. The only thing that I didn't like was there was no downstairs room avalible even though I had asked for one so I had to lug a baby upstars put him in his play pen adn than get all our stuff upstairs by myself. But overall it was a great stay, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and it was surprisingly quite considering we were by a main road and there was a restruant below us. It was only about 10 minutes from base and there were a lot of resturants and even a Wal-Mart within a few minutes of the hotel. If I ever needed to go back to Ft LWood I would stay there again. The room also had a microwave & mini fridge that we were VERY gratefull for as I brought most of my sons baby food and drinks with us. There was PLENTY of room to put his playpen by the bed (under the clothes rack LOL) enough counterspace to put all his diapers & food, a table & chairs and PLENTY of space for everything.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family