“Quality Inn Better Than Some”

Quality Inn Saint Robert
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed three days in this Quality Inn pending the army basic graduation ceremony of our son at Ft. Leonard Wood in the town of St. Robert, Missouri. It was clean, comfortable, and fitted the bill. For those traveling to the fort, I would recommend staying here. There aren't many choices anyway, but we've got no problem with this one. The room was spacious enough to allow us a respite with our son on his brief day of leave time prior to further assignment.

Room Tip: Rooms near the ends of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn Hotel in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We value our guests and appreciate you choosing our property to accommodate your needs when visiting the area.

We are very pleased you found our prices to be reasonable and your stay with us a comfortable and pleasurable one. We pride ourselves on cleanliness, friendliness and affordability. Also, our hotel is centrally located near numerous restaurants and only 2 miles from Ft. Leonard Wood.

We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again for your review.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Saint Robert

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The property has nice rooms. However, the housekeeping staff is very finicky about cleaning rooms. We had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door until about 9:30 AM our first morning there. As we exited the room, I took the sign down and told the housekeeper that we were leaving, as she was cleaning rooms adjacent to ours. We returned about 2:30 PM to discover the room had not been cleaned. We waited until about 5 PM to inquire when our room would be cleaned and were told the "DND" sign was on the door when housekeeping wanted to clean the room and that the housekeeping staff had left for the day. We asked for clean towels and had to call a second time to actually get them. It was more of the same the next day. We removed the "DND" sign from our room about 9:30 AM and again I told the housekeeper outside our room that we were leaving and our room could be cleaned. Again, we returned about 1:15 PM to a dirty room. When I went to the front desk to ask to have our room cleaned, she told me the housekeeping staff was on break and someone would be up after break. At about 1:30, two members of housekeeping came to our room and asked if we wanted our room cleaned. When we said yes, the housekeeping manager told us not to put up the DND sign if we wanted our room cleaned. Apparently, if you have the DND sign up at the precise moment housekeeping passes your door, they do not come back the entire day. It's obviously a scam to clean as few rooms as possible. They get away with this because they prey on families of soldiers in the area visiting for family days and training graduation ceremonies at the Fort nearby. In fact, they jack up the room rates by $20/night on graduation days. Beware.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at the Quality Inn Hotel in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We appreciate you chose our property when visiting the area.

We are sorry your stay with us did not meet your expectations. The housekeeping staff have been instructed to allow the guest their privacy when the "Do Not Disturb" sign is hanging on the door. If the sign is hanging from the guests door, staff documents the guest does does not want to be disturbed, continuing to another room. This is not a "scam," this is standard protocol in the hotel industry, regardless of where you stay. Upon informing the front desk you would like your room cleaned, housekeeping was sent up to accomodate your wishes.

We have the utmost respect for our guests, especially service members who have given their life so freely to protect our country. Unfortunately, certain times of the year, prices will flucuate due to supply and demand, holidays, summer travel, etc. This is standard in the hotel industry, among many other types of businesses, regardless of where you stay.

We hope this explanation better explains polices and procedures and that you will consider staying with us again when you're visiting the area.

Thank you again for staying at the Quality Inn Hotel in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a very nice hotel!! My son was graduating from BT at Ft. Leonard wood and we choose this hotel because of its price and its proximity to the base ( about 2 miles). The hotel is immaculate! We requested 2 rooms, a double and a king side by side. Both came equipped with frig. and microwave. The beds are high profile and very comfortable!! Great shower! We also enjoyed a basic, complimentary breakfast. What is nice about the hotel is that it is very quiet and relaxing. Aside from the comfortable rooms there are sitting areas outside the main door and a deck outside of the pool area (By the way the pool is a good size and very nice!) The front desk was polite and helpful with all of our questions. It is true that there is not a lot to do in the area unless you've a loved one serving or your stopping by on your way to somewhere else. Either way this is a pleasant, clean, safe hotel to rest in.

Room Tip: The hotel does not have an elevator. There are only two levels, if in need of an elevator be sure to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn Hotel in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We value our guests and our intention is for every guest to have an enjoyable, relaxing stay at our property.

We pride ourselves on cleanliness, friendliness and professionalism and appreciate you taking the time to write such a favorable review. Nothing pleases us more than a satisfiied guest. We were glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the pool, relax in the lobby area and partake in the amenities we offer in the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again when visiting the area. Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Quality Inn Hotel in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I made my reservation in Febuary 2013 for 2 rooms next to each other with microwave and refrige, I verified the reservation in march and in April and was told that they had plenty of rooms ang that there was no problem. , my on was graduating May 3 with family day May 2' I called April 28 and was told that I had 2 rooms reserved next to each other and with fridge nd microwave so we arrived may1at 515 pm guess what rooms not connecting like I was told no microwaves and was tol the were sold put and could do nothing about it I explained that I had made Feb reservations ad was told sorry I talked to nagger and wa told I can't do anything about it , So Military families please Stay Away from This bunch of liars they are her to tell to anything to get your money

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at the Quality Inn Hotel in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We appreciate your business and value each and every guest.

We looked into the matter you mentioned in your review. Some reservations that are made, the guest may have specific requests. Each guest is told at the time of their reservation that their request has been documented, but there are no guarantees the specific request will be available upon check-in. We take these requests into consideration with every guest and do our best to accomodate their needs, when possible. The hotel was sold out at the time of your stay, so we apologize we were not able to give you adjoining rooms. We did however, place you directly across the hall from one another. We do our best to accomodate our guests and will gladly do so, whenever possible.

We hope that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, the indoor pool, the work out room and fitness room. We hope to see you in the future and will do our best to make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Was there this month for my sons graduation at Ft. Leonardwood and when I was looking up hotels I read the reviews mostly and my main concern was safety. To all the readers who have never been to MO in this area I am here to warn you there is nothing there to do and a lot of hotels and restaurants. My stay at Quality Inn was great only a few miles to the base and the room was clean and staff very nice. We stayed for two days and they restocked our towels the second day. I picked this hotel because of their hot breakfast but sad to say that I only had a banana. A waffle house restaurant is next to the hotel I would recommend this hotel for your stay for the price Holiday Inn was 130.00 a night and that is next door. I didn't get a chance to take a swim either but saw people going. A great location from base to see and spend time with your soldier. The only downfall is that there was no microwave but they had a fridge. A quiet area and the beds were so comfortable and great shower. So hope this helps .

• Stayed: March 2013
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your first time stay at the Quality Inn in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our friendly manager and staff. Yes we are now a "pet friendly hotel." We are glad your doggie enjoyed his stay, too!

We hope to attract more lovely guests like yourself in the near future.

Please visit us next time you're traveling through our area.

The Staff & Management of Quality Inn

Reviewed March 14, 2013

After working a 14 hour day I arrived at the property ready for bed. I had made a reservation via there website, and received a confirmation number via email. Upon arrival i was told that my room had been sold. the young lady then began to call a mgr. after a thirty min wait one finally called back. After there little pow wow I was told basically to bad!! I will say the front desk clerk was very nice and felt bad about the issue. Unfortunately this didn't do me any good. I am a diamond member with choice hotels staying on average of 180 nights a year in a choice hotel. This is the way I was treated I would hate for it to happen to you. Many hotels in the same area avoid this one. The manager truly dropped the ball here offering no kind of compensation.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jscott918
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for staying at the Quality Inn Hotel in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. We appreciate your business and want to thank you for choosing our property when visiting the area. Unfortunately situations such as these are known to happen when booking a reservation on-line. Our property was sold out and King Rooms were not available. Our only option was to place you in a double queen room, instead. We are very sorry you did not stay in a King Room and we would of gladly accomodated your wishes, if we were not sold out. We do hope the Queen room was comfortable (since we are known for our wonderful mattresses) and that you had a chance to enjoy the fitness room, complimentary breakfast bar, business center and or the indoor-heated swimming pool. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Very clean. Breakfast in the morning was free-offered things like cereal, biscuits and gravy, waffles, bagels ect. Hotel does have a pool but did not swim in it. The room was nice & hotel was relatively quiet. In a very safe neighborhood. Room had a mini fridge and microwave. Negatives- toilet seat had a chip in it and the shower faucet was loose so had a hard time getting it on hot water.

Best value for the area. The staff was super friendly

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back of the hotel that way its further from the highway noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MissMissouri_11
PJF49, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2015

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience at the Quality Inn, located in St. Robert-Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the free breakfast, cleanliness of the property, location, mini-fridge and microwave.

We want you to know the issues you addressed have been fixed. Thank you for pointing them out to us.

We hope to see you again.

The Staff & Management of Quality Inn