“great, for the price.”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Pelham, Alabama
“great, for the price.”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

the rooms was very clean and the staff was very friendly. So super convenient to Ft Leonard Wood. We were there for our son's graduation and our room was never a problem. The free breakfast was lacking, so we did end up eating out three meals a day. But, that was our fault, we were just on the run so much. Our room did have a microwave and mini-fridge, just don't plan on their breakfast for your family. Oddly enough, my husband discovered that our peep hole in our door was in backwards!!! He told the manager who seemed quite shocked. We covered it the rest of the time with a postage stamp! So, make sure you check your peep hole:)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pelhamqueen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Martinez, Georgia
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Before you dive too far into this review, keep in mind there are many hotels in this immediate area because it is with 10 minutes from Fort Leonard Wood, an Army Training and Doctrine (TRADOC) training post. What that means is every week, there are many graduates of Basic Combat Training, Advanced Individual Training, Advance Courses... and many, many more courses of course. Now about the hotel, for the price it is what is it. It's a standard hotel with a swimming pool but I am not sure if I saw a hot-tub or gym. But the pool is indoors so it should not matter that much. I had no problem with the staff and they were nice. The room I had, 315 (smoking room) was nice and large and ran me $71/night for three days... not bad. LCD TV, coffee maker, but I did not have a refrigerator or microwave as far as I could remember. Two large queen beds and WIFI, which could be flaky at times. I simply just re-logged in since there is no pass-code to access it. Within a one-minute walk you have a nice gas station, car care center, Cracker Barrel, and other eating establishments. A buddy and I were able to walk to Ruby Tuesday's and drink the night away, that way we didn't need a cab and we did not make the bad choice of drinking and driving. It took us few minutes (5) but it was by no means far. Walmart in 3 minutes down the road by car if you found you forgot something. The c-breakfast was bland... industry standard eggs, sausage, and biscuits, juices, milk, etc and waffle maker. Another LCD TV in the small lobby to watch while you ate. A computer as soon as walked into the hotel to access the internet. The lobby was very open and very small. If you are looking for five stars, this is not it, but if you're just looking for a place to stay while you're in town, I would not look pass this hotel. For me, this was strictly a business trip paid for by the government so personal preference played no part in me choosing this hotel. Happy searching.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Melvin3000
Ishpeming
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel September 12 and 13 and we were on the first floor. The room was fairly quiet but seemed to feel damp the entire time. The room was a good size and the sink was outside of the bathroom which makes it a lot easier to get a few people ready in a short period of time. The room included a mini refrigerator and microwave which came in handy. The only thing is that there is no pool but the hottub is quite large and enjoyable. The choices in the breakfast area were not so good.....no fruit and the biscuits were hard and had no taste at all!

The location of the hotel was excellent. It was located directly behind a Cracker Barrel and within walking distance to Ruby Tuesday and Pizza Hute. There was a Wal-mart close by!

The staff were very unfriendly and at times a bit rude....but that is not a deal breaker to me. I would stay here again for a quick trip but not for an extended period of time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Andover, MN
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The room was fine because the property is new but our room, on the first floor, always felt damp. It had an odd smell and the sheets and carpet made us feel damp. The desk staff was not friendly either. There are many other hotels in the area so this would not be my choice again. The only positive was that the price was decent, around $75 a night.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Very nice close to highway. Restaurants nearby in walking distance. I would stay there again in a heartbeat

• Stayed August 2011
Scranton
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the St. Roberts Americas Best Value Inn for three days during a recent trip to Ft. Leonard Wood. I have never stayed at this hotel chain before , but I made my reservations on the previous reviews that others had left and I was not disappointed.

The stay was great, right from having to add an additional night to the service from the staff and the cleanliness of the room. Everyone was so friendly and willing to go the extra step required. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel with great service.

1 Thank t2sfd
Taylor, Michigan
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We visited this hotel July 5 - 8, 2011 and had Room 306, which was one of the suite rooms. The room was very clean and roomier than we expected. There were 5 of us and there was plenty of room, with a separate bed and living area. There was even a mini fridge in the bedroom and there was a full size fridge, stove top, and microwave in the living area. We did get a roll away bed, for an additional $10 per night. The total cost of our stay, for 3 adults, 2 kids, a roll away, and 2 small dogs, was $441. This was a good savings, in part due to having a preferred member card with America's Best Value Inn. These cards are easy to request online and save about 15% off your stay.

One of the only down sides was that there was no pool, only a 16 person hot tub. We knew this before we stayed, so it was no surprise, but a pool would have been great. The other thing was that the breakfast was not that great, but it did offer more than a usual complimentary hotel breakfast. The food would have been much better, if it had been hot. The coffee was the best thing on the menu.

The location of the hotel was excellent. It was located directly behind a Cracker Barrel restaurant and a small family style diner. There was also a shopping center, less than a mile away, which included a Wal-mart and some other small stores. There were several places to eat and the hotel was about 3 miles from Ft. Leonard Wood. (My daughter's boyfriend took a cab from post and it was $12.)

Everything being said, I would stay at this hotel again. Since there being no pool is not a deal breaker for me, I don't really hold that against the hotel. They tell you right on their website that there is only a hot tub, so it is not a surprise. There are several other hotels in very close proximity that do offer a pool, so those are available if a person prefers one. The closest hotels to this one include the Red Roof Inn, the Baymont Hotel, and Clarion Inn & Suites. These hotels are basically in each other's parking lots.

3 Thank Nancy_Stahl