“Gross. Dangerous. Unreal.”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Saint Peters
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Gross. Dangerous. Unreal.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Walked in around 9pm and noticed no one at the front desk and several people lying on the ground in the small lobby just talking on their cell phones and hanging out. Around midnight I went to go to the front desk for towels and the elevator had an out of order sign on it (it worked earlier). As I was going down the stairs someone in the stairwell told me no one manned the front desk after 11pm- and they were right. Yikes!! I could not get back to the room quick enough because I felt so uneasy about all the things I saw and heard in the hallways at that time. The were lots of men (of various ages and races) milling around the halls and also what appeared to be various illegal activities. While back in the room felt unsafe knowing what was going on around us. Gross. Dangerous. Unreal.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank STLSteph34

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
ofallon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Room was not clean. Bed was made but the sheets and covers were stained. The walls and floors just looked dirty, food and drink spilled on walls and even the phone. The bathroom was not clean especially the toilet. The wall by the a/c unit was cracked and falling apart. The rest of the hotel was dirty as well. Looked like nobody ever cleaned hallways, elevator or stairwells.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank chris g
St. Peters
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hotel seemed like a nice place from the outside but lacked focus on maintenance. The front-desk has some folks who would not pick calls or pass on business calls to my room. Poorly maintained rooms with Iron not working, burnt coffee pot, blocked commode (which was later cleared) which basically gave me a very uncomfortable feeling. I would not go back to this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Edwin A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Edwin - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you did not have a perfect stay at our hotel. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have checked all of our guest rooms to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at ssp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel was clean and reasonably price.

There was a lot of noise made all day long from the cleaning people which was annoying. Continuously slamming the doors over and over for each room until it was cleaned. There has got to be a better way.

Management visited us to tell us that our stay was up without checking the computer to see that we had already paid. Annoying.

Better than most of the chain though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mooseskinner
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you had a few concerns with your stay. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with the team to discuss these issues so we can formulate ways to improve our offerings and procedures moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ssp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Thomasville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

From someone that has been here 50 days so far..

From the minute you get here, you will be treated like family. The staff is sincere and actually cares for you. But remember you will be staying some place like home. There will be a certain amount of noise, a certain amount of parking issues, etc.

The thing is, when you are staying on the road as much as some of us do, something a little like home, the random interruptions are very welcome.

I would stay in this hotel every single time I come here to work, period.

Thanks to Brandy the manager, and the rest of the staff, they all worked very hard to make my stay enjoyable..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Steve - It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am thrilled to know that our staff treated you like family. The staff and I would like to thank you for all of your kind comments and look forward to providing you with another 50-days of great customer service!
Navarre, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

There was a strong smell of cigarette smoke in our non-smoking room, the lobby, and all the hallways. The location was fine, the price was fairly good, and the breakfast was sufficient for the price and quality of the hotel. I would not recommend staying here if you do not like the smell of smoke.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The room smell you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we will inspect all rooms for smoke smell moving forward. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ssp@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

My Name is Steve Reasoner im from Denver Colorado and have had the oppurtunity to stay at a number of your propertys.Aurora Colorado.Delux Extended Stay Evans Street,Aurora Colorado.Extended Stay Centenial,Colorado.And there have been others.But this past year i have had to travel to St.louisMo on business and personel reasons and most resently have been staying at the property at Veterans memorial Pakway,St.Peters Mo.
I was right in my selection to stay in st.Peters at Extened stay.This property has the best affordable rate in this area,with the extras it makes you feel your home type feeling.The property is and has strived for an even better excellance.It is an extended stay but with a great Atmosphere and Staff.I have had the opptuunity to inter-react with the following staff members and by them helping me to feel at home they have made it apparent there aim is to please.Im convinced.
The people listed are and have been great to me over my many stays here.They are Dawn Smith house keeping -Bonny House Keeping-Nicole-Front Desk.Chris-Head Maintaince Jeremy-Front Desk and Jennifer-General Manger of this paticular property.Its a comfortable atmospher here in St.Peters Extended Stay.In closing i can say for the price the<staff the offerings,and the case of the current Economy you cant beat whats offered and given at this particular property. This staff works that hard to get it right.Steve Reasoner Denver. Colorado

Room Tip: Rooms on the southside are a little more quieter.