“great”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I just love to eat at this place. I love the crableg buckets they offer. They had a new one and I just enjoyed it very much. One of my favorite places to go when I am in the STL area.

There are newer reviews for Joe's Crab Shack

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is supposed to be a "fun"/quirky place. But its exceedingly noisy, chaotic, and menu prices were higher than it seems like they should be. While the fish/shrimp/etc. was good (i.e. better/fresher than fast food), side dishes were disappointing. Never before seen a restaurant where the fries were skimpy (usually you get a big pile of them as filler, right?). Coleslaw portions were basically a dixie cup. Smoke crept into the non-smoking section.

I do give the waitstaff a lot of credit (except for our waitress, who never came back with my credit card. We eventually flagged her down and she had to go find it...). They run around like crazy, work hard, and somehow manage keep from running into one another. But it is pretty much chaos you pay to be a part of. Not a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Had never been to a Joe's before as there is not one in my home town, so I was excited to try one on a recent business trip. Maybe I should have done a little more research, but I found out quickly this is a restaurant that is not about the food, it is about the kids! Absolutely the loudest restaurant I have ever been in. The waitress had to scream so I could hear her! The decor is the cheezyist crap I have ever seen and the food was ok - not great, just ok - and there wasn't enough of it. Really bad experience - will never go back.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 13, 2008

Food's good, kinda corny

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Too bad. It could be so much better...