“Excellent new (and much needed) addition to our neighborhood!”

Three Families Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 203 Restaurants in Saint Peters
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
st. peters, missouri
“Excellent new (and much needed) addition to our neighborhood!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I had noticed the restaurant and decided to try it but had not gotten around to it. My daughter and her husband went there for dinner and enjoyed it very much, so we made plans to go there for lunch. Admittedly, I had expected another bad experience at a too small "dive" with shoddy decor. I was very pleasantly surprised by Three Families Restaurant. We were impressed with the quality and originality of the decor, plush carpeting and very nice tables and chairs. But of course, we were just as interested in the menu offerings. We had pleasant conversations with the very knowledgeable staff and discussed their menu selections and plans for special events they plan to undertake. Believe me these folks know about cuisine. I ordered a glass of Pinot Noir and my wife opted for a glass of Moscato. One of the owners (I assume) noticed my choice and asked if I had tried the Malbec...which I had not. He brought me a sample of the wine, which was excellent, and explained what region in Argentina produced the best of the type. Nice touch! After ordering an appetizer we selected the avacodo and egg salad wrap (wife) and the reuben sandwich accompanied by a delicious cup of the soup du jour...Tuscan chicken. The food was delicious and ample. I even had to bring half of my sandwich home, and no, I'm not what you would call small in stature. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and plan to visit often, especially since it is within walking distance from our home...so next time we can enjoy one of their desert offerings, which all sounded wonderful, and walk off the calories...life is good!

5 Thank pleiku25th

St. Louis
“Good new addition”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Even though Three Families is a little hard to find, it's worth the effort. Located at the end of a strip mall on Mexico Road, just east of the Lutheran High School on the south side of Mexico Road. We went there for lunch recently, and were pleased with both the menu and service. They have a small bar area, and the entire restaurant is relatively small and cozy. They were not crowded, and we were greeted promptly. The lunch menu is not extensive, but there seemed to be plenty to choose from. My wife had the Reuben, and said it was one of the best she had tasted. She opted for the fruit cup for a side. I had the roast beef sandwich with cheese and peppers. It was served with thousand island dressing on the side, and I had the onion rings as a side. Both the sandwich and rings were very good. They're a welcome addition to the dining scene, and we hope they do well. We looked at the dinner menu and it looked quite good also. They have a small patio in front, facing Mexico Road.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank unpaidbill
Saint Peters, Missouri
“Dinner on a week night”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I tried Three Families Restaurant on a week night for dinner. Every employee that we made contact with was very nice and helpful, and the owner was walking around talking to every table which was thoughtful. The atmosphere was not what we expected. My husband said he felt like he was eating in a nursing home. There were a decent amount of customers eating, but It was very quiet... VERY quiet. I felt like we had to almost whisper. The set up was a little strange and the tables were very close together. The decorations were nice, very cozy feeling, but a little "old". The menu was pretty small, but that's ok, we both found italian dishes we wanted to have. The food was really good, but nothing special or different. I had pasta alfredo and my husband got the ravioli. For the price of the dishes, I expected to get much larger of a plate. My husband and I are not big people, and we had no leftovers, and my husband wasn't full. Our 2 basic pasta dishes and waters to drink came out to $28 with tax, and we had a $5 off $25 coupon, which the waitress took, but brought back and said it had to be $25 before tax (which it did not say on the coupon). Our total before tax was $24 and some change. I was a little surprised- a brand new restaurant trying to survive should probably just take the coupon, we would have left much more content. So, we left still hungry, a little mad about the coupon, and not very content with our experience there. We will probably not go back.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Erica H
St. Charles,Mo
“Lunch Review”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I had lunch there on 11-12-2012. The have been in business one month,
Several local reviews gave this restaurant four stars,so we had to see it. It is in a strip mall off Mexico Road in St. Peters,Mo. The decor is very nice. My wife like the carpet and the tables very much. I had the Italian Wedding Soup and crab cakes. The soup was excellent and the crab cakes were good although I would have liked them crispier. My wife had the Reuben with fresh fruit. She liked it. The tea selection was good. There is a well stocked bar. The deserts were all price at $5.00. We had the creme bule. It was heavenly.

The dinner menu looked good. Entrees start at 11.95 to 24.95 and include side dishes.,soup,or salad.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank rbell63303
St. Louis, MO
“New Italian Restaurant!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I were excited to try the new Italian restaurant in our neighborhood that was certainly more than a jazzed up pizza place. The owners spent a lot of money and thought in the decor and it really works. Both the bartender and bar manager were very knowledgeable on the wines, beers and upscale whiskeys served at the small, but comfortable bar. We ordered the chicken florentine and the 16 oz cowboy cut ribeye. Both entrees were delicious--the steak could not have been cooked better. Regarding the side of pasta---white sauce was definitely better than the red sauce, which could have used more spice. Some minor things to work out (odd honey butter with bread, too bright lighting in a portion of the restaurant), but for a brand new restaurant, we were extremely satisfied. The owners were very open to our comments so we're anxious to go back and see if the (very) minor hiccups have been addressed. Prices were extremely reasonable--especially for the quality and size of the portions served.

• Visited October 2012