“Love this place!”

Ranked #21 of 210 Restaurants in Saint Peters
Cuisines: Thai
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite Thai restaurants. Penang curry is delicious and the service is great! They are so nice and always welcoming. Great value too.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Today was my first time going to this restaurant. Many of my co-workers frequent it. I went with a group of 8. I ordered the Thai BBQ chicken meal which the menu indicated they marinate the chicken overnight in their seasonings. I got a large plate with a fair amount of sticky rice, a very small portion of vegetables (tasted ok), and about 5 pieces of boneless chicken that was SO TOUGH it was like eating shoe leather. I kid you not.

One of my co-workers' food was extra late in arriving to our table and he felt his portions were very small as well. He commented when I got my food saying "where's the rest of it", and commented 4 to 5 times after getting his that we'd have to hit Jimmy Johns after this place to supplement it. He was right.

Another co-worker got the yellow curry and it actually looked pretty good (tofu, no meat), but I didn't taste it. And doubt I'll ever go back.

Eating shoe leather just turns me off.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I were in St. Charles getting the keys to our new rental home from Memphis, TN. We had been working and driving all day and needed something to eat badly at our new house. Not having any food, plates, or utensils, we called Thai Kitchen. During our delivery order, I specifically told the owner that we did not have any plates, spoons, forks, or chopsticks and were basically in an empty house for the weekend. The owner assured me that she would put some in the bags. 45 minutes later the food arrived with no plate, utensils or napkins in sight. I was very upset and called the owner back to see if the delivery driver could return with some. The person that answered the phone told me that the driver could not return but if I called back sometime she would make it up to me with a FREE ENTREE. I asked her how would she know to do this, and she said "Don't worry about it.". Rather than eating my food, I had to leave and drive to QuikTrip to get my wife and I some utensils and napkins. Fast forward to us moving into town and a second call to Thai Kitchen, long story short, this time they charged us for a coke two-liter but did not deliver it. Tonight I decided to give them a third chance and to cash in on the FREE ENTREE OFFER. They put me on hold 3 times and made me talk to 3 people. I had to tell my story to each person they put on the phone. The third guy started yelling at me and that is when I lost my patience. This place has overcharged me, their food is mediocre, and they did not uphold their promise to make it right. I caution you not to eat there. This is not a reputable place and they have horrible customer service.

Update: 08/08/2013 - I contacted the BBB about this business. When the BBB contacted Thai Kitchen, Thai Kitchen informed the BBB that I was lying about the entire incident. I have better things to do with my time than lie about some dirty little restaurant. I advise you to avoid this place like the plague. They have absolutely no ethics, and they do not care about customer service. When confronted about problems they do nothing to resolve issues, but rather point the finger back at the customer. What's more the St. Louis BBB did nothing to resolve my issues with this business.

2  Thank TheEasy1
Reviewed August 3, 2013

One major issue I have with various Asian style foods is the quality of the chicken. This place always has good chunks of white meat chicken with no mystery meat. We have been numerous times after it was recommended by someone. I have tried several items on the menu and have settled in to 2 - 3 favorites. My husband has also tried several things, all of which were good. The service is always great. This is a super casual, strip mall location, which is always clean. The have take out, which comes in handy reusable containers. I always smile when my husband asks me if he should pick up Thai for dinner. Yes, please!!!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We discovered this restaurant when we spent the night at the nearby Country Inn and Suites. We ordered pot stickers for the appetizer. For entrees, we had salmon and catfish. Both were large portions, cooked perfectly, and tasted awesome. We rarely order dessert but previous reviews mentioned the rice pudding with mango so we tried it. Absolutely agree that you don't want to leave this restaurant without having this dessert! Definitely recommend this restaurant.