“Start to our vacation”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed August 26, 2014

First thought from my wife was, are we staying in this old building. Do not judge a book by it's cover. Private secure parking ramp, Elevators are all accessible with room key only. Comfortable beds, wonderful hot breakfast in the moring comes with the room. drawbacks small bathroom and small pool. Hotel is located across the street from ST Louis Rams stadium, River front is neraby with the arch, and Busch stadium is walking distance.

Room Tip: You have a choice of inside rooms facing the pool or rooms with windows to the outside to see the ci...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Convention Center

Reviewed August 20, 2014

You can tell great customer service is a priority at this hotel. We had a wonderful stay at the Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Convention Center. Every staff member we encountered was helpful and seemed to want to make our stay pleasant. The rooms, while on the small side, were clean and very nicely decorated. The beds were very comfortable and there were a variety of pillows to choose from. The breakfast and evening snack offered a variety of options. Evening snack was actually more than just a snack and included three adult beverages per guest a night. The pool is small but that didn't stop my three kids from having a blast each night. There was a miscommunication with housekeeping one day regarding how we wanted our room cleaned. When we spoke with management he went out of his way to correct the situation. He even treated our kids to milk and cookies to make up for the inconvenience. Parking was convenient and included in the cost of the room. This was our first stay at a Drury hotel. We were highly impressed. So much is included at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: The exterior rooms were slightly larger that the interior rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Great staff and nice rooms. Walking distances to almost any where downtown. Nice to have free parking and a great breakfast. My wife and I were very pleased with all aspects and would defiantly return. Didn't get a chance to try the lobby restaurant but heard a few good comments so I assume that it was decent

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Wow.

I've never stayed in a Drury property before this visit. I will certainly look for them as I travel in the future. Yes, it was that good.

The lobby is an impressive entrance, and not just in appearance; the front desk staff member was helpful and patient. She took the time to explain where things were in the hotel, and how to access the parking garage. She answered all my questions carefully, understanding that it was all new to me, even though it's something she probably goes over with people 100 times a day.

The hotel feels huge. If you have difficulty walking, you should indicate that when you make the reservation so your room will not be a full city block away from the elevators!

When I opened the door to my room, I turned around and went back to the lobby to make sure I had been assigned to the right room. It was so nice I was certain a mistake had been made, and I was afraid of what my bill might end up being. I was kindly assured that my rate was correct and that my room had been upgraded in order to accommodate a specific request I had made in the comments section when I had booked the reservation. Wow. They actually take the time to read that portion of the reservation!

I booked the package that included a voucher for the Gateway Arch Experience. I was skeptical. Most package deals I've seen online end up costing more than if you'd just buy the room at a discounted rate and then buy the "bundled" product separately. This package actually ended up saving me about $10, and better yet, it all worked smoothly. I called the Arch reservations folks before leaving home and they were very familiar with the hotel's package and allowed me to go ahead and make my reservation so that I'd have a guarantee for the day and time I wanted to visit. (Sometimes slots sell out.) So, while I was expecting a glitch somewhere, it never happened. The discount was honored and my Arch Experience reservation was valid. Everyone handled the whole process very professionally.

My hotel room included a spacious bathroom with clean, fresh-smelling, thirsty towels. It had a sitting area with a sofa, side chair, ottoman, and flat-screen TV. A microwave and fridge were in the sitting area, as well. There was also a spacious desk and ergonomic desk chair. The bed was in a separate bedroom (with a door), where there was also another flat-screen tv, two end tables, and three lamps.

There was plenty of lighting everywhere, the AC worked well, and the room was very clean. I wear slipper socks in hotel rooms, and my socks did not show any dirt after an evening of walking around in them.

The bed was extremely comfortable, with four times as many pillows as I have heads. I slept soundly.

Breakfast included eggs, sausage, biscuits, oatmeal with mix-ins, hash browns, donuts, assorted breads and spreads, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereals, juice, coffee, tea, and soft drinks. There were three staff members on hand to make sure no one went hungry. There is fresh popcorn available all afternoon, and an evening appetizer, but I missed that. The hot drinks and soft drinks are available all the time.

Every staff member I interacted with was polite and professional. I was allowed to leave my car in the parking garage after checking out, while I did my sightseeing.

Overall, this was an excellent hotel experience for me, and I look forward to finding future opportunities to stay at Drury Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: When you make the reservation online, don't hesitate to explain what it is you really want or ne...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SouthpawKB
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed at the Drury Inn and Suites for a Cardinals game. What a great place! It is right in the heart of downtown, only 8 or 10 very interesting and busy blocks to the stadium. It is directly across the street from the Edward Jones Dome and close to LaClede's Landing and the Arch too.

The staff is excellent. It was noticible how nice they are and how they went out of their way to greet you and make sure you had everything that you need.

The rooms were very nice. The breakfast was excellent. The parking was free. I checked several hotels in the area for that weekend and their price was the best in the stadium area. I absolutely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We usually come to St. Louis at least once a year. When I come I try to stay at the Drury Convention Center because it's downtown and close to everything. Last year we didn't get to stay here and we were not happy with that. Everything is pretty much in walking distance or you can take the metro link or a bud to get any place else. The breakfasts are better that what you would expect and the evening snacks and beverages were also better than expected. You could have almost made a meal out of it. The beds are so comfortable, it's almost like being at home.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Phil D
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Very pleased. Hotel is just all around great. The staff is so helpfull ,the inside is beautifull,the location is perfect and couldnt believe all the extra food at no charge. The kids loved it .The rooms are very nice and clean. Parking garages and doors require a room key so makes it much safer than other hotels. Ive done alot of traveling and have to say this is one of my favorite hotels yet especially for the price. Will definately be back.

• Stayed: August 2014