“Won't Return”

Drury Inn St. Louis at Union Station
Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Morton, IL
Reviewed June 27, 2006

We spent spring break in St. Louis with the family. We stayed at other Drury hotels in the city so we thought we would try this one. It did have free parking and was close to Union Station which was a plus. Hotel lobby is nice and pool is okay but very small and crowded. Our room was small and had a bad view of the dry cleaning facility next door and the interstate. Always like there free snacks except the soda machine was broken. We plan on staying at the Market street Drury next time. Much nicer in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

ky
Reviewed April 5, 2006

Me and my girls went to St. louis for a mini spring break vacation and decided to stay close to the arch and by the university..the hotel looked ok.. everyone there looked respectable, lots of families stayed there. After my daughters fell asleep..I soon fell asleep...and at midnight, I heard a bunch of running down the halls with guys yelling, go, go, I mean, SCREAMING, and one guy yelling a bunch of times saying, get down, get down..I was soo scared I wanted to pick my girls up and drag them out of there and leave, but couldnt open the door because I was so affraid of murderers outside in the hall! I called the front desk, and they said it was the cops arresting someone... and the next morning 2 cops were there taking reports or something and the managaer of the hotel wouldnt tell what happened, said he didnt know?? So, my point is.. for your safety, I would not stay there.

• Stayed: April 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2006

I haven't been to St Louis in a long time but decided to go at the last minute with hubby on a biz trip. He dropped me and kids off at hotel. It is a very very old building, probably circa 1900. It has been beautifully restored however. The pool/spa is clean and adequate for family. The beds were comfy and room clean, although a bit smaller than 'modern' hotels. If you like character,this is a hotel for you. Covered garage parking, Free cocktails at happy hour, deluxe *FREE* breakfast, indoor pool/spa.

We walked everywhere (City Museum- a MUST for young children) however I later found out that this is a high crime area and we should get a cab next time! Union Station is awesome, lots of dining and shopping options. You can take a cab or short drive to the Arch and Zoo. This hotel is right in the middle. Suitable for business travelers or families wanting to experience the history and events St. Louis has to offer~

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank towerbug
Reviewed January 4, 2006

During a recent trip to St. Louis we decided not to rent a car for our first two days in the city. The Drury Inn Union Station was a great location - easy access to Metro and within walking distance of downtown. The adjacent Union Station complex offers a wide selection of restaurants and stores within easy walking distance. The rooms were compact yet comfortable and the complimentary evening happy hours and breakfasts satisfied every one in our party. Given the time of our visit there were plenty of families with small children and teenagers. We had no problems with any noise from our fellow guests. Even though we were in a ground floor room we were not bothered by any street noise.

• Stayed: December 2005

Travelers also viewed these Saint Louis hotels
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown

Been to Drury Inn St. Louis at Union Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Drury Inn St. Louis at Union Station

Address: 201 S 20th St, Saint Louis, MO 63103-2222
Location: United States > Missouri > Saint Louis > Downtown
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#17 Family Hotel in Saint Louis
#28 Business Hotel in Saint Louis
#36 Romantic Hotel in Saint Louis
Price Range: $150 - $243 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Drury Inn St. Louis at Union Station 3*
Drury Hotels' historic renovation of the 1907 St. Louis Railroad YMCA building preserved original features like leaded glass windows, oak paneling and marble stairs. The original floor plan included large spaces for recreation, personal services and meeting areas as well as upper level guest rooms. The layout was converted into a Drury Inn in 1986. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn St. Louis at Union Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Drury Inn Union Station Hotel Saint Louis