“Affordable, clean stay and free parking too...”

Drury Inn St. Louis at Union Station
Ranked #7 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Once in a while I come across a hotel as Drury Inn, that my family stayed for more than a week attending a spiritual retreat nearby. The historic location transformed into a hotel is remarkable in that most of its character preserved. One nice thing about this place is the fantastic front desk and the housekeeping staff who are helpful. You can't beat the free breakfast each morning and the happy hour evenings if you are in a mood. Secured and free covered parking for hotel guests is a great value that can save you money. Nostalgic references can be seen in its well preserved original tiles, model train cars and even a operator cap. Ask for a non-smoking room if possible and sure enjoy the attractions around.

Room Tip: Non-smoking room preferable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharadaprasad R

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was a great place to stay. It was close to the train, trolley and the bus depot. If you have a family and want to save some money, this it the place to stay. They provide a great breakfast and a supper menu for free. I would stay here again!

1  Thank Dawn K
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I went to St. Louis for a Cardinal weekend. We wanted somewhere that we could park the car and not have to move it until we were ready to leave for home. Money wise we didn't want to be right downtown. This was and awesome place for this. The price was within our budget, the room was super, and there was a Metro Link across the street in Union Station's parking lot. They also had a great breakfast with biscuits and gravy and lots of other goodies. There was complimentary popcorn and soft drinks available most all day. We were never there due to game schedule but there was also a complimentary evening snack time. Yes, as I'd seen in other reviews the elevator was slow but I wouldn't let that keep me from going back. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patty Q
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I made the mistake of reserving a smoking room because that's all they had. The room smelled soooo bad. The smoke smell was everywhere. So, if you don't smoke don't reserve a smoking room. Overall, the experience was OK. The elevator is very slow and there's one per side of the building so often times had long wait lines. Staff was amazing, very nice, professional and accommodating as best they could to help us. The hotel was oversold and they couldn't move our room.

1  Thank PattiMacDallas
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn St. Louis at Union Station, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for the review! We are one of the hotels in downtown St. Louis that still offers smoking rooms which some guests find to be a very helpful amenity, but it can be out of the ordinary for others. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping team to keep in mind when cleaning our smoking rooms. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the rest of the hotel. Our team prides themselves on their service and are very excited to be recognized! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again soon in one of our non-smoking rooms!

John O.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Always stay at this hotel when we come to St Louis for a concert. Staff are very friendly and helpful, conveniently located to the Arena ( was Savvy Center, name changes often) and the light rail which runs to the airport and shopping mall. No car needed! Rooms are very comfortable and always clean. Free Wifi, cooked breakfast and snacks and cocktails in the evening. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Great family atmosphere and pet friendly
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I've stayed at the Drury in Arnold, MO before, and I booked this hotel with high expectations, but I'll admit, I was slightly disappointed. The bathroom was one of those traditional types (the sink area was separate from the toilet and bath area). And it was pretty tiny. If you were sitting on the toilet, it was impossible to open the door because your knees would act as a barricade. I guess this is kind of a benefit; no one can open the door on you while you're taking a dump. The bathroom also lacks an exhaust fan, which sucks if you take hot showers or if you have a roommate that likes to #2 a lot. I also found a nasty stain on a towel and some other small stains on the bedding throws. It wasn't such a big deal because I used the towel as a bath mat and I never use the throws, but it just raises the question of how clean the rest of the towels and sheets are....

What redeems Drury Inn is its awesome breakfast AND dinner. There's quite a large selection for breakfast (pastries, sausages, potatoes, cereal, bread stuff, etc.), and dinner was excellent also. Don't expect a five-star meal, but it was more than what I expected--they offered different dishes, sides, soup, and salad. There's also free popcorn and soda in the lobby, which is never a bad thing. And the manager is super friendly! She went around asking diners if everything was going well, and she even offered to take away our dirty dishes! Staff is helpful and friendly; only complaint I can come up with is housekeeping, which tends to come by pretty late (we went sightseeing at 9:00, came back at 3:00, and they hadn't come through our room yet).

There's also free gated parking, which is GREAT. You need a key card to enter and exit, so I have no doubts of my car being safe. I just love how the hotel is so close to everything. It's not a far drive to anywhere from the hotel, but it might be a bit far to walk to any of the main tourist attractions. But if you're a non-driver, you're in luck, because there's a Metro station a block away.

All in all, it was a great stay. I wouldn't mind staying here again. I might be able to find another hotel with better rooms, but it's the reasonable price with breakfast and dinner included (and free soda and popcorn!) that'll bring me back,

1  Thank bubliee
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn St. Louis at Union Station, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! Our focus on quality and service are what really set us apart from other hotels and we are sorry to hear we did not meet all of your expectations for Drury. We will examine our linen and towels more closely to ensure we are placing the best quality product in our guest rooms. Exhaust fans and bathroom size will also be noted for our maintenance team to consider for future upgrades. We are quite pleased to hear you enjoyed our 5:30 Kickback and complimentary breakfast! Our team likes to connect and interact with our guests and help out in many different ways during these times. We are glad to hear you would return and hope to see you again soon!

John O.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was our first visit to St Louis - we visited with our son (who lives in Arkansas) and his wife - they had booked this hotel. First impressions were good - with friendly desk staff and these good impressions kept on coming - reasonable bed and bathroom, friendly staff, ok breakfast (not the greatest - but adequate - and very reasonable for the price paid), with the added bonus of free 'eats' which we did not have, and 'drinks' (which we DID have) every evening.
Location - a bit of schlep to the Arch / river - but very handy for the Metro line to take you there.
All in all highly recommended - somewhere we will endeavour to stay in if ever again in St Louis.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family