All reviews forest park front desk highway side close to downtown easy access zoo earplugs odor
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

I loved the location of this hotel. Easy to find. The staff was very nice and helpful. Told us some good local places to eat and also when I called down to ask for some more towels they had towels up to our room within 5 minutes. This place is not fancy by no means. It is dated. The pool outside was really nice. The bathroom could have been a little cleaner. There was a little tooth paste on the back of the bathroom door. Also the air conditioner was super loud in the room. They do give you ear plugs though lol. For the price the hotel worked for us. Its like a cpuple miles from the zoo. We will stay there again!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank BBN2424
JillCooperGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Dear guest;
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments from your recent visit. We are so glad that you enjoyed the hotel, pool and of course location. We do pride ourselves in customer service after-all its guests like you that makes our days so fun! We will look into the room you stayed in and will speak with housekeeping and our maintenance departments to fix the issues you noted.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

My university group had to make a trip to St. Louis for a class. We had an amazing time. We're over-joyed the weather was great and we were able to see all the museums and more. We also hit up the Arch and so much of the local attractions. We photo-bombed/gate crashed several wedding and a prom. I would definitely recommend Holiday Inn to anyone, the staff was extremely accommodating to us.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

Thank you VF for the wonderful comments about our hotel and amazing staff. It means so much, when guests like you take time to let us know how we did! We are so happy that you and your group had a wonderful visit and we look forward to any and all future visits!

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

The Forest Park Holiday Inn is conveniently located near the St. Louis Zoo & The Hill (Best Italian Cuisine). Donnato (Desk Manager) & Sherri (Front Desk) make me feel right at home, arrival thru departure. They happily provide info & quickly attend to any need. The hotel cafe food & service is so good, my brother (St. Louis resident) & I enjoy breakfasts at the hotel. Derrick (Server) & Matt (Cook) always take good care of us! I have stayed at Forest Park Holiday Inn six times in the past year & look forward to my next visit - That says it all.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank ChristinefromGurnee
JillCooperGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2018

Wow... ChristinefromGurnee, thank you so much for the wonderful review and for taking time to recognize the hard work these associates do for all our guests. It means so much to them when they see their name called out for a job well done... (they also receive a little gift for this) We are so glad that you enjoy our hotel and we are so happy that we could be your home away from home while you are in St. Louis. We look forward to your future stays!

Reviewed April 9, 2018

This hotel has a cool, retro, feel but you quickly realize "retro" also means old. Some of our issues included: a sliding patio door that slide very well, (the security bar on the door was also broken), the bathroom sink didn't drain, the toilet hadn't been cleaned in a while, a lot of mold in the bathroom, they didn't leave us any bath towels, very thin walls (we could easily hear the people next to us). I had pretty low expectations of this place but the worst part was talking with the front desk....I just wanted to let them know about the toilet, sink & sliding door. Their response was "what do you expect, this is an old property." I didn't expect that as an answer. There's a lot of choices in St Louis - I would definitely go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
JillCooperGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry to hear that we failed your expectations, this is not acceptable. We do our absolute best to take excellent care of all our guests and I apologize. I can assure you the front desk staff cared about your concerns and they always have the upmost respect about our hotel and guests. We have since looked at the issues in this room, we did fix the drain in the sink, but didn't find any issues with the security bar. While the staff isn't able to do anything about thin walls, we are staffed 24/7 and at any time at any hotel, always feel free to contact the front desk should you have neighboring issues.
We thank you for your comments and wish you safe travels in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We selected this hotel because it was convenient to our events for the weekend. Close to I-44 and I-64, you have easy access to major interstates. We requested a king room and were told it would have a microwave and mini refrigerator. When we arrived there were none in the room. Within a reasonable time they were delivered. The refrigerator didn't work and no others were available. The room, on the surface, appeared to be clean. The bathroom was clean but lacked adequate counter space for all the "stuff" we carry for personal hygiene and appearance. There was some dusty looking crud behind the dresser and a paper bag of trash was out on the balcony. Since we weren't spending much time in the room and we always carry Lysol and had a very comfortable nights sleep. Our stay was for two nights and I would stay here again if this facility was as convenient to the events bringing me to this city.

Room Tip: Not all floors have ice and vending machines. If your room is near the elevator, the ice machine will be at the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
JillCooperGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Thank you Judy for the nice review from your recent visit with us. We are happy that you enjoyed the 2 nights. Thank you for bringing the issues you had with the room to our attention and will make sure these items are corrected right away. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!