“Disappointing”

Holiday Inn Forest Park
Ranked #77 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My review is colored by an exceptionally terrifying event experienced by our family. We were awakened by a domestic dispute outside our room after midnight. The foul language and yelling was very disturbing and wasn't responded to in a very quick manner. Following the incident it was difficult to get back to sleep. Calming one of my children down wasn't easy. The room was clean and met our needs. When leaving no one was at the desk, so we weren't asked about our stay. We were prepared to complain, but had to make an appointment later in the day and couldn't wait around for staff to appear!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your resent stay with us. I am sorry for the issue you encountered with the guests next to you. We do have security on overnight and do take it seriously when we are contacted about any incident like this. I am sorry for your experience and sorry that you feel we were not more involved than we were.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@Hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you for your time and have a nice day today.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Now I'm not sure of the exact price as intrepid companion wouldn't tell me how much but I gather it was not far from comparative hotels nearby. We arrived without a reservation and it was very pretty in the lobby, they even have a small computer nook with printer curtained off near the front desk. The wifi never faltered - watched shows & downloaded things without a hitch.

The bedding was impressive - comfortable and crisply clean. We had zero problems with going to a show and returning to the room -- everything was as we left it and it was not quite homey.

The shower took a bit to warm but the smallish bathroom had everything in order and so many towels! Yay!!

There is an attached restaurant that smelled good but we never tried and there are signs for a workout room and spa but we were in and out overnight so those were a no-go as well.

I'd definitely stay here again if I was going to The Pageant for a show again!

Room Tip: The 1 king bed has a fold out couch, BONUS!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the kind words about the hotel and staff. We have just opened our outdoor pool for the summer months and it is a huge hit. We hope that next time you are in town that you all have a chance to enjoy a few of the amenities.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The first issue I had with this hotel was the booking. They included breakfast with my stay without telling me that it was a $6 adder (I got that cleared up when I checked in). They then asked if I would like a pool view room. "sure if it's not an adder." "Actually it's an extra $10/night." "No thank you." Turns out when I got there they put me in a pool view room without the up charge. Sucks for anyone who pays $10 extra to look as an empty pool.
The rest of this review is on the actual hotel & staff. The front desk was terribly understaffed so my two times through the line were not quick. The staff was very pleasant. They thanked me for being a gold member and recognized I was a business guest. The one "working" elevator did not arrive after 5 minutes so They they put me in a room next to a large group of teenagers. I turned around and asked for another room because I could tell immediately I wouldn't get an work done hearing them yelling through the thin walls and adjoining door. They kindly put me at the other end of the hall. Right next to another room full of kids the same age presumably on the same trip. They were on their way out so I dreaded the evening, but didn't want to drag my luggage back up & down the stairs so I decided to try it out. Then I walked into room where someone had been smoking. Beautiful! I decided to stick it out, but let them know what was going on. Again, the staff was very courteous, but could only offer a room in the middle of the high school block. No thanks.

Room Tip: Don't pay for the pool view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick R
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry for your experience with us. I will get with the team to go through your review more thoroughly to make sure this does not occur again. I am so sorry for your experience with us.

We do appreciate your loyalty and hope you will come back and give us a chance to earn your business back. If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you for your time and I hope you have a nice day today.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Close to the attractions, right off the highway, clean and well kept rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a little noise from the highway, but nothing too bad. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was terrific and complimentary with our vouchers. We have previously stayed at the Comfort Inn Central West End and the Holiday Inn was much cleaner and nicer. This will definitely be our first choice next time!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank maryo612
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your stay with us. We appreciate the kind words you had for the staff and the hotel. There are several rate plans that include the breakfast, it is quite hard to pass up, especially with family. I am glad you were able to take advantage of this.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We left our room last Sunday, April 6, to attend our grandson's baptism at St Ambrose (.6 miles away). While backing out of the parking lot - our 4 yr old granddaughter realized she didn't have her little purse that matched her dress ---- she had been playing with it just moments before in the room. Since we were running late, we went on and I immediately called the motel to have the retrieve the purse so we could come get it after the services. THEY NEVER FOUND IT!!!! Really. Very upset granddaughter and very sad that we cannot trust the hotel staff at a motel we planned to use frequently now that our family is moving into the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for room facing away from highway!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ashtobmom

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry for your experience with your granddaughter and the missing wallet. I am getting with the staff to see what may have happened and who inspected the room. If you have a moment, could you email me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com so I can get a few more details?

I appreciate your time and hope we have a chance to earn your business back in the future. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a nice day today.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Clean. Spacious room. Easy highway access, free parking, ok rate, nothing great within walking distance - Forrest Park and Wash U are too far without a car. The
room was on the ground level with a locked connecting door to another room. So this was very noisy. The guests in the other room started talking at 7 am and were loud enough that sleep was not an option. Construction noise didn't help either.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry for the noise issue that you encountered during your stay. We do have some rooms that are connecting and many more that are not connecting rooms. If you are back in the area in the future, I would like a chance to earn your business back and get you in a quiet room.

If you are willing to give us another chance, could you email me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com? I appreciate your time as well as the kind words you had for other parts of the hotel and the location.

Take care.