Holiday Inn Forest Park
$186
$160
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
$138
Free cancellation until 05/30
$171
$147
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$100
$192
$179
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

All reviewsforest parkfront deskhighway sidebeds were comfortableclose to downtowneasy accessdowntown stzoolouisearplugsodor
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've recently stayed at this hotel twice in the last two months. One for a week in July, the other on August 24 for one night. The front desk is very accommodating and handles situations amazingly which is what I base my experience on. This hotel is in an amazing location! Close to The Hill which we frequented the majority of the stay. I'm the type of person that always looks at the glass half full. Here's why the stay was amazing:
1.) When we arrived we were greeted well and felt welcomed. Even though last Saturday we arrived early and our rooms weren't clean,(our fault not the hotels-the standard check in time is posted everywhere) and just gave us rooms that had already been clean so we could go ahead and check in.
2.) The rooms are very well maintained and clean. Yes you could tell the hotel has been there a while, but they have done an excellent job keeping it from looking run down.
3.) We had a problem with the shower tub flooding every night except the last night that we stayed in the hotel in July. We went down the the front desk and explained to them what was going on. And the lady and gentlemen working the front desk told us they were aware of the problem and was currently being fixed. (meaning situation out of their control) They told us we had two options, we could move to different rooms and be far apart or keep the same rooms. We choose to keep the same rooms and they gave us free breakfast for the trouble. Awesome!
FYI: going back in august the issue is not there anymore :)
4.) Check out was smooth and they really seemed to care if we had a great time.
Bottom line is the hotel listened, cared, and was clean which is all I care about when traveling. Keep and open mind when traveling and realize the vacation is what you make it not what you can get out of it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Faith K
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night, using points from his priority club membership. The desk person, Louis, was very hospitable and gave us a room on the top floor from the highway.

The hotel is a much older Holiday Inn which could not be disguised even with newer furnishings. Our bathroom was very small with a tiny vanity and the toilet next to it was kind of sitting sideways in the space. The air vent in the bathroom did not work. Everything in the bedroom was neat and clean; the hotel is just dated. We had a very quiet night which was great.

I didn't really feel we were in a safe area, so we parked right in front of the hotel and didn't experience any safety concerns.

Room Tip: Request a room on the south side of the hotel which is away from the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FalconCoTravelers
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here again because it was arranged for the group I was working with for the week. I was hoping for the best after a very unhappy visit last time. Check all my other reviews - they are usually positive, and I am not really very demanding. I am in hotels more nights out of the year than I am at home, and I do have expectations to provide what I consider reasonable needs and basic comfort. With that said, this hotel has been one I rated poorly in the recent past. The staff was much more friendly and accommodating on this trip. There was no fridge or microwave available when I checked in, and the following day the staff went out of their way to find a set for me and brought it to my room. Much appreciated!!! The updates have really helped, and the elevators were working well this time. My luggage wheels got hung up on torn carpet strands, so carpeting is an issue. I think that platinum level guests should be provided with more amenities, such as free breakfasts, and drink coupons like the Hilton provides. And a fridge in every room has become the expected standard for most guests. I would say they partially redeemed themselves. It still wouldn't be my first choice, solely due to the lack of amenities I've become accustomed to in most places I stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Clean rooms, nicely remodeled, bad thing is that it is right next to the highway and you can hear a lot of noise, so if you want quiet you may need to ask them to put you on the other side of the hotel. I was able to hear the tv of my neighbor, paper thin walls, bring earplugs. Overall a nice hotel if you can block out external noise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Brett was the most knowledgeable and polite employee I've encountered anywhere. The lobby was busy with guests checking in and Brett made sure to address everyone with the same kindness and respect. His was accommodating, understanding, and very familiar with the city! I highly recommend this hotel because of him!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business