“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #75 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
St. Louis
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Brett was the most knowledgeable and polite employee I've encountered anywhere. The lobby was busy with guests checking in and Brett made sure to address everyone with the same kindness and respect. His was accommodating, understanding, and very familiar with the city! I highly recommend this hotel because of him!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here as it was near our office. Reasonable price for the great location near St Louis attractions such as Zoo and Ballpark. The facility appears to have been refreshed in the last couple of years but you can only dress up an older facility so much. Corridor carpeting and doors are in need of more work and bathrooms are really small. Rooms were nice otherwise and very comfortable and quiet. I was on the side opposite the highway. Staff was very helpful and even reenrolled me in the frequent stay program on the spot and gave me the frequent guest goodies.
I would stay at this location again. Still overall impressed with the New Holiday Inns.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway side
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here two nights for our anniversary and it was great! Had no issues at all, the hotel is in an excellent location and staff is very friendly and helpful! The breakfast in hotel cafe was very good!

• Stayed July 2013
Benton, Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2013

the property is beautiful! the staff is so nice and accomodating! had my car broken into by ????
the manager called the police. everyone was nice and the neighborhood looked nice! i would stay again! only park closer to the buildingS!

Room Tip: close to the hill! go to ragazzis and missouri baking company!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Crystal H
Owensboro,KY
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked this hotel through Priceline and the location was fantastic being only 1.5 miles from the Forest Park attractions like the Science Center, Art Museum and the Zoo. We got only 1 bed, but the room was comfortable. Free internet along with complimentary coffee in the lounge in the mornings, lemonade and cookies in the evening were fantastic.Also parking is free and there were plenty of parking spaces available at all times. Our room was next to a flight of stairs on the second floor so getting in and out was a breeze with no elevators to deal with. This hotel is located on "The Hill", which is the Italian neighborhood of St Louis so it is a stone's throw from the restaurants there. I have no complaints about my stay here and would probably stay here again if I visited St Louis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I got this hotel thru my first attempt using Priceline and it worked out well. Was greeted by Brett at the front desk who did a good job getting me checked in and explaining everything. It had been a long day by the time I checked in and I didn't feel like putting much energy into dinner, so had dinner at the hotel. The menu is fairly simple; burgers, salads, soups, but it worked for me and it seemed to work for the other hotel guests as the place was fairly busy. I think for the most part, the restaraunt only caters to guests. Bob was working that night, and he is bartender, waiter, greeter, etc., he worked hard and he was very good at letting you know how your order was coming. I did the blue cheese burger and it was good. There is no free continental breakfast here so you can use the restaraunt and pay, or go off site. Right across the street is a Hardee's which is one of my favorite fast food breakfast places anyway so that's where I went.

The wi-fi was fast and speedy, no problems at all. I have to say, the computer, monitor, and printer were the best I have used at a hotel of this type. The computer was fast, the monitor was good size, and the printer of good quality also.

I didn't use the pool but there is what looks to be a fairly large pool on site.

To me it wasn't a negative, but to some it might be, the hotel is located right off of I-44. I had a room facing the interstate, and it was a little noisy, but no bother for me but it might be for others. So if you have concern about noise, request a room on the other side of the hotel.

But all in all, a great stay and I will stay again.

Room Tip: Request a room on opposite side of interstate if noise is concern.
De Pere, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 2, 2013

room not cleaned the first day when we were not gone by 8:30am. they refused to clean it later when we returned and it was not done.
Next day we were gone before 8am, back after 4pm and not cleaned again. they then cleaned it.
we should not have to beg to have a room cleaned

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Robert V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced with our housekeeping services. We can only assure you that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. Nevertheless, your input has been shared with our Housekeeping team for review.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. We give the utmost importance to our guest feedback as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Joel B