“Great Hotel! Great Staff!”

Holiday Inn Forest Park
Ranked #76 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Bemidji, Minnesota
“Great Hotel! Great Staff!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My friends and I stayed at this Holiday Inn a few weekends ago and we were very impressed. The Staff, from the Front Desk to Housekeeping was so welcoming and everyone was very nice and polite though out our entire stay. The location of the hotel was perfect, being close to the reception venue we were heading to. The outdoor pool area was also a great plus! It was never crazy busy with a bunch of kids running around and it wasn't noisy, like we thought it might be. Our room was great, beds were comfy and it was very spacious! Overall, this was one of the best hotels I have stayed at in a while!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Angela L,
Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Forest Park for your recent visit to St. Louis. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you thought of your experience. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our wonderful staff. We hope to be your home away from home when you are in the St. Louis area and look forward to your next visit.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 21, 2012

* toilet was not fully attached to the wall
Toilet seat not fully attached to the toilet
Shower had two temps- scalding or freezing
Room had two temps - sweaty or freezing
All elevator doors sounded as if they were powered by rubber band
Elevator doors so scary that management created a sign in lucite to announce safety certificate was on file in the office
Location was poor, it was not really in Clayton and not convenient to Washington University in St. Louis

And the piece de resistance... Upon returning to our room after three graduation ceremonies, exhausted, we found an unmade bed with a note on top of it, written on 'Stay Thoughtful' paper which read,
"personal Belongings on Bed!!! couldn't make Bed"

I had left my jacket on the bed - all other clothing was in my suitcase.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. If you do chose to stay here because everything else is booked, don't stay near th...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
lbarrylhm, Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear k2xsara,
Thank you so much for staying at the Holiday Inn Forest Park. I am very sorry you experienced some issues during your stay and hope these were brought to the attention of management as they are things we could of easily addressed for you. We are not located in Clayton that is correct. We are located in a great area in St. Louis, we are just 1 mile from Forest Park and all the attractions that are within as well as just blocks from the Historic Hill District in St. Louis, which offers some of the best authentic Italian Cuisine in the city. I am also sorry about the confusion with housekeeping, our staff has for our guests very strict rules about moving guest items in a room and for your protection our staff does take that very serious. Thank you so much for this feedback on your stay so we can continue to better serve our guests in the future. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you as I feel we can certainly leave you satisfied in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Saint Louis hotels

New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This place is located about 5 minutes drive from the Forest Park shopping area and about 10 minutes drive from downtown St Louis.
The hotel itself is old but has been nicely redecorated recently bringing it up to a good standard.
The rooms are nice and the restaurant and foyer area downstairs are a very pleasant place to relax in the evening.
The service was efficient and friendly.
Nice for a couple of nights.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
lbarrylhm, Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Mozzroom,
Thank you so much for staying at the Holiday Inn Forest Park. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and our newly renovated property. I hope you will keep us in mind for future visits to the St. Louis area!

Israel
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed overnight in April 2012 and found the staff and hotel very nice. I had chosen the hotel for its location and was a little apprehensive because of the poor reviews that the hotel had received in the past. The place had a complete face lift two years ago and it is now really nice. The room décor is functional modern and new and although they could not make the rooms larger they are spacious enough. My bathroom was modern and extremely clean. The restaurant in the building makes dining convenient. The staff was extremely helpful and cheery answering all my requests with a smile and concern. Definitely a hotel I would return to. One small gripe is that my room faced the interstate and the thick drapes could not keep out the traffic noise. Suggest taking rooms on the south side of the hotel. Otherwise would recommend highly.

Room Tip: Because of traffic noise - choose room on south side
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
lbarrylhm, Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Mefixer,
Thank you so much for staying at the Holiday Inn Forest Park. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our property and the amenities such as our restaurant we offer on site. We certainly hope you will keep us in mind for future visits to the St. Louis area.

Piqua, OH
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel. It is conveniently close to downtown. We felt very welcome here. Our room was nice and big, and also very clean. If we are ever in the St. Louis area again, we will definitely stay here. The front desk staff made our experience a very pleasant one just because they were so nice, courteous, and helpful. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Monica M,
Thank you so much for staying at the Holiday Inn Forest Park. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our property and felted welcomed by our staff. We certainly hope you will keep us in mind for future visits to the St. Louis area.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 3, 2012

After reading all the reviews I was not sure I what to expect, but I had no option; so I just went ahead and booked it. Most of the reviews are accurate. Yes, the hotel is old and has been remodeled. Yes, it is right next to the highway so the noise level is quite loud. The first night I was there my room faced the highway and it was noisy. I run the room fan to try to create enough white noise to block some of the external noise, but you could still hear the highway. Next day I asked for a different room, I ended up having to pay 20 bucks more for a different room, but it was worth it. My room was bigger, had a refrigerator, a microwave and a sofa, and almost no noise since it did not face the highway. Running the room fan took care of the outside noise and anything you could hear from inside the hotel, like the next room very loud guests and their kids.
Going back to the previous reviews, every one who has mentioned was nice and helpful the staff was is 100% accurate. Seriously, these folks are nice! Maybe it is the Midwest thing, after all St. Louis is a city where most people are pretty nice, but the hotel staff was just wonderful. This brings me to my last point about the hotel: location, location, location. The access could not be any easy, but more importantly, the hotel is part of a neighborhood called “The Hill.” The Hill is an old Italian neighborhood and it is wonderful; drive around, or just walk around and you will see Italian flags everywhere. The night I checked in the front desk clerk game me the best tips about the restaurants in the area, and boy was he right. There are great family owned restaurants, a bakery, a traditional Italian salumeria, etc. I am so glad I got the chance to see this area of St. Louis that otherwise I may have never seen. I am so glad I gave it a try and stayed there and so thankful to the staff!

Room Tip: Ask for not facing the highway, you may have to pay a bit extra but it is worth it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Eduardo54
lbarrylhm, Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Eduardo54,
Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Forest Park for your recent stay in the St. Louis area. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us thanks in part to our wonderful staff! You are correct; we do have one of the best locations in town! We hope you will keep us in mind for future visits to the St. Louis area.

Ohio
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed here in March 2012 and it was an OK stay. I have stayed at far worse places. It looks like the place is much nicer since the renovation judging by the improvements in the tripadvisor ratings recently. It had a good location off the highway but the highway noise for me on the 6th floor was quite loud. The even numbered rooms are facing the highway. The place was clean and otherwise pleasant. Wifi worked well. Only other complaint is the noise between rooms. The seams in the ceiling showed some light from the neighboring room when my room was darkened. Could hear conversations in nextdoor room and alarm clocks going off too.

• Stayed March 2012
lbarrylhm, Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear HotelReviewer99,
Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Forest Park for your recent visit to the St. Louis area. I am happy to see over all you were satisfied with our newly renovated property. With our location there is a side of the building that does run along the highway and I am sorry to hear that did cause some discomfort. I do hope you will give us another try to improve on this stay so you can leave completely satisfied the next time you are in the St. Louis area.