“A great place for stopping over” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard St Louis Downtown West

Courtyard St Louis Downtown West
Ranked #57 of 119 Hotels in Saint Louis
Columbus, Ohio
“A great place for stopping over”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

The location of this hotel is easy to find and right off the highway. It is also located close to the best BBQ joint in STL, Pappy's Smokehouse. This alone should persuade you to stay here. It is also a very short drive to places like the arch, stadiums, and downtown area.

The room was clean and the front desk was very friendly. I enjoyed the cafe in the lobby. Parking was easy and plentiful. The price was very good compared to neighboring hotels as well. I would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Allan W
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard St Louis Downtown West, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Allen, thanks so much for the kind feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you often in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

My mother and I have been coming to this hotel each year in May for Memorial Day weekend. I love the idea that it is Downtown and walking distance to Union Station. I would like to say you have a wonderful staff. I normally do not post names but you have a couple of employess that I would like to recognized. Our first year and second year there we were greeted by ANNESHIA (front dest clerk), DOWIE and JOHN. These employees are simple AWESOME!!! There attitudes and customer service skills are EXCEPTIONAL SUPERB! They make our stay feel as if we are at home and we've enjoyed each time we've stayed at your establishment. This will be our choice of home away from home stay each May.

Room Tip: I love the rooms facing the pool with balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chan K
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard St Louis Downtown West, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to pass this on to them and thank them for their great service. We look forward to your continued visits on Memorial weekend.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

After about 17 hours on the road my fiance and I decided to stop and sleep in a bed. It was a last minute reservation just before midnight. The hotel held our room till we arrived around 1:30am. Despite the time the staff greeted us with a smile and a quick little run down of the hotel. We crashed hard and went to get on the road but after the second recomendation by the hotel staff to visit the zoo and the art museum we decided to take a little side trip. Zoo wasn't really worth it (winter time nothing really open) but the art museum was amazing.

Hotel was clean and quiet. Only reason I 4 stared it was the parking lot was a little sketchy, definantly don't want to leave anything in your car, just in case.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GingerSnap2369
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard St Louis Downtown West, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
I am glad to hear that we were a comforting stop during your long travel day. We are a downtown hotel so we have security on our lot every day from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable parking and do suggest that nothing be left inside your vehicle.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for business trip as it was within walking distance from the office! I can tell you my staff and I were hesitant about staying there as they did not have many of the Marriot perks were used too! However, MARVIN and NEEL ROCK!!! They took care of my staff and I as though we were the only ones there. These two gentlemen provided all the comforts of home and plenty of local resturants and taxi services to help us navigate the town. If it were not for these two gentlemen I would not have stayed at this facility. MARRIOT these guys did JUSTICE to the BRAND! Mar vin and Neel you're awesome and to are really a very customer oriented duo! Thank you from FLORIDA!!!

Room Tip: High floor very quite with a view over the city.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MichelleSantos2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. I really appreciate the kind words regarding Marvin and Neel, they are truly service experts. We look forward to your next visit.
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a major robotic competition. Marvin the manager rocks. The staff here is top notch, they all go above and beyond no matter the request. Hotel is clean and very comfortable.So glad we picked this location. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Meboy1
I am glad you enjoyed your stay during the Robotics competition. We look forward to your return next year and I will pass your comments on to Marvin and the rest of our staff.
Bloomingburg, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a typical courtyard, nothing special by any standards. The hotel is about 1.5 miles away from downtown so you will need a car. The cafe is nice to have since there are not alot of restaurants around the hotel. Rooms are just average, and service is as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard St Louis Downtown West, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that we did not come accross as special. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff as a way of motivating them to strive for better service.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Everything about our stay impressed me. The location was great, not right downtown but it was a nice walk to downtown. We were in town on business so we were pulling a large trailer and they had parking available. We decided to stay an extra night so we could catch a Cardinals game. It was an easy walk to the stadium. The staff was great. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joseph544
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard St Louis Downtown West, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your recommendation. We agree with you about the location. It is considered downtown but far enough on the edge to eliminate traffic and other noises. We look forward to your future visits. Go Cardinals.