“Average business hotel in a good location”

Courtyard St Louis Downtown West
Ranked #55 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Springfield, Illinois
“Average business hotel in a good location”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Everything is up to standard here. I stay at a lot of Courtyards and this compares to the rest of the brand, but is generally above average. No free breakfast, but a large counter that serves as an abrieviated cafe, bar and convenience store. I was surprised by some reviews here, I spend 40 or so nights a year in similar hotels, and this one is exactly as I expected. Not super near to downtown, but a long walk/cheap cab, and unlike downtown spots, free parking. Definitely ask for a courtyard room.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank spiil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Pine Bush, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Very clean and updated lobby. The food they make smells delicious and the breakfasts were very good. It is a decent location at most a 2 mile distance to all major sights in St. Louis me and my wife walked everywhere. Affordable pricing and run of the mill rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James M
Mo
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The staff was helpful, with directions and places to go. However, most of the time when I went to the lobby no-one was at the front desk, and I had to wait a few minutes. Not sure if they had a system in place that could see a customer waiting, it just felt strange. I prefer a nice room vs a lobby because thats where I spend most of my time when I'm not out. The towels were so hard and old I started to go to Wal-mart to buy some. The room did not have a clean smell that I would expect from a Marriott hotel. The elevator was noisy, seem like some repairs are needed. I liked the GPS system in the lobby on the wall and the location is good. I was too scared to take a bath so I took a shower because you can tell that housekeeping just do the minimum. The worse experience was my towels had old blood stains on them. I would have rated this hotel higher if it wasn't for the towels, musty smelling room and housekeeping knocking on my door at 9 o'clock to clean the room. I would like to point out I met an employer who said he loves his job and that the employees and employer are good people to work for! I hope they do some updates to the rooms, get some new towels and I might give them another chance if I get a good rate.

I

Room Tip: Higher floor usually have a good view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tulsa
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there last night. The room was decent and the bed was comfortable. The elevator does make noise when it opens and closes. We were woken up around 430am when we saw a cockroach crawling on a wall by the bed. It was quite a huge roach. We got ready as soon as we could. I informed the front lady about the incident and requested a call from management. I haven't heard from them as of this evening. This is obviously disappointing considering that my wife and I love the Courtyard brand. If you are looking for a nice hotel downtown, there are plenty others that I will choose in the future.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank guyscholar
Springfield IL
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Had a free night and we were in town for a Cubs/Cards game. The lobby is nicely updated but once you get to your room, it is sadly needing a remodel. The a/c unit is noisy and the management must control the thermostat in the middle of the night because it got very hot in the room. Pillows were bad--my husband and I tossed ad turned all night. Front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. Parking is free but it is not really close to walk anywher. Cab to downtown is $10 each way. While the bistro breakfast sounds delicious, it is microwaved egg sandwiches. Why spend $8 for a breakfast sandwich you can get at Subway or McDonalds for 3 bucks?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grey_Goose_Up
Tulsa
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Went to St Louis for a James Taylor concert July 19, 2012. Stayed at this hotel. Room was comfortable. Internet access did not work entire time we were there, 3 days! Had to find a McDonalds to use ipad! Requested drinking glasses that room cleaning person failed to change out, never delivered. Elevator made a horrible rumbling sound every time we used it. On the positive side. Close to many attractions, free parking and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tulsatraveler32
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great location. Lobby and restaurant were good. Nice courtyard area to sit outside. Rooms need to be updated to marriott's standards. Showing some wear. Staff friendliness made up for shortcomings in room updates.

• Stayed July 2012