“very good food”

Tortillaria
Neighborhood: Central West End
Neighborhood: Central West End
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very good mexican, great service, the food was excellent. Very small location so experienced a short wait but the food was definitely worth it!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

The restaurant is small, so we had to wait to be seated, but the food was great and the staff was friendly.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We really like the food here. Chile Verde was pretty awesome, and Chile Relleno was crispy and full of cheese--portions are generous.
Great chips and salsa to start were very tasty.
Except for the surly dude who brought the chips, the staff was super nice.
We'd eat here again, for sure.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Best house rocks margarita I've had in a while. Citrusy & crisp but not at all sour. And not too skimpy on the etOH either. Great outdoor seating on shady Euclid in one of my fav StL n'hoods, the CWE. Their salsa & gooey cheese/meat app thingy (name escaping me) were both fresh & flavorful. Entree tempura shrimp tacos tasty but not great. Service very efficient. Great departure from typical Mexican.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I recommend this place wholeheartedly. The atmosphere was very relaxed. They have about 4 booths and in addition about 7-10 small tables and outdoor seating too.

I had a mango margarita which was delicious. It was also enormous. I had the traditional margarita afterwards which was equally as good but thankfully much smaller.
There is a salsa bar and each of the salsas is very distinct worth trying. I liked the green one. For dinner, I asked for a recommendation from the waitress, Amy, (who was unbelievably helpful) she suggested fish tacos or enchiladas verdes. I went for the enchiladas which was an corn tortilla filled shredded pork cooked in a tomatillo sauce. It was fantastic and served with two sides. I got grilled vegetables which went well with the enchiladas. I also got black beans which were okay though I wouldn't get them again. Great atmosphere on an early Saturday night. Mix of people including young families, students, and an older crowd.