“Stylish, Modern, Friendly - Great Value”

Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Ranked #5 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Stayed an overnight in St Louis... had a view of the Arch and downtown St Louis, had a crazy cheap rate for the room... no brainer would stay there every time... Spa was excellent, gym was decent, and part of the hotel rate. didn't eat there, but bar/restaurant i heard was great..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed February 26, 2011

We totally splurged on this hotel. We like trying out lots of different hotels at least two or three times a year after saving up, or after taxes. We are not the type to throw money around, but we also don't skimp. First of all, EXCELLENT location. It's attached to a casino so you don't even have to leave the premises to have a good time. We don't gamble, so we did some exploring of the city. Very close to the Arch and Laclede's Landing. Also within walking distance is the Metro to get around the city. We parked and never moved our car until we left.

The view is amazing from the rooms. The hotel is very modern, with great artwork and wonderful attention to detail. The rooms are sleek but cozy. The bathroom even in the lowest price rooms are amazing with huge tubs. The bed is perfect.

The service was excellent. Every time we got back to our room someone had been in there to tidy up and organize. The concierge was very helpful and knew the city well.

But, there were some things that we couldn't overlook, and will make us not ever come back. The rooms were very expensive, so I expected some included amenities. Zero. No coffee maker in the room. You have to pay for that. No free wi-fi. $10/day for the basic speed. Basically, anything extra, you are going to pay a lot for. Considering the price of the rooms, I expected free wi-fi and a coffee maker.

The room service is crazy overpriced, on demand movies are crazy expensive.

I would say, if you wanted a simple stay in bed all day, go to casino at night experience, go for it. If you plan on exploring the city, save your money and stay at a cheaper hotel. I expected to feel indulged, instead I felt nickle and dimed.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank solliso
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Rooms are ok, but WAY overpriced! The service was horrible. The front desk staff acted like they didn't care if I stayed or not. The room attendants were rude and my bed had someone elses hair in it. Not impressed.

• Stayed: January 2011
3  Thank ashleycraig84
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We recently stayed at the Four Seasons. The location was great by The Landing, but be prepared to have a very "cold" experience.
When we first arrived, we realized that parking was not free. We could either have valet ($28) or self-park ($18) a day. No problem, that's what you get when you go downtown. As we unloaded we were told we could not bring our coolers in. What? It's not like they have a refridgerator to put things in. Those are filled with overpriced drinks.
The hotel room was clean and comfortable except there was a folding bench in the shower which made it very awkward to take a shower.
We went out for the night, had fun, everything was great.
The next day was Sunday and I realized what scam artists the Four Seasons were!
We went out for the day. When we came back around 6 we pulled into parking and realized this parking lot was not just for The Four Seasons. They share this with the Hotel Lumiere and Casino. People who come to the casino park there FOR FREE. There is no charge. I was confused and asked the front desk why we are being charged to park in the same parking lot that casino people are parking for free. VERY RUDE FRONT DESK STAFF! We were told that we could be towed if our car was there too long. So I called the casino and asked them what the policy was for the parking garage. They said your car can be towed if it is there for many days but not just one day! So do this- Tell the Four Seasons you have no car or you won't park in the garage, then take a drive around the block and park in there. Just to make sure, move your car once a day just in case but believe me, the casino was laughing about that one!
PS- Internet costs 10 dollars a day. Their website confuses you because it lists internet as room amenity. Its free when it says COMPLIMENTARY internet.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank KEG34
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We did a "staycation" here. We wanted to get away for a night to a hotel with a good reputation. I thought it was very expensive for the quality and amentities.

The staff was very professional and courteous.

Spa - Poorly run and my warm stone massage was mediocre at best- it was a huge waste of $150. As I was guided to the room to change I was just left there for about 10 min. Anohter guest showed me the relaxation room where I was to wait. The person performing the service was 15 min late.
I felt like she had no idea what she was doing. Huge disappointment. The physical surroundings are stunning though.
Restaurant = Slightly above average.

My advice would be to ask for the best person in spa to perform the service. Anyone would be better than the lady I got.

The room was average but had wonderful view of Arch. The bed was excellent!!!

The morning we checked out we did not have hot water. WE called the front desk and there was no apology.
I think that The Chase Park Plaza should have been our destination!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank stlanne
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I travel to St. Louis frequently to visit relatives near by and decided to treat my husband and myself to a Four Seasons stay. I was excited about the views of the Arch but had no idea that the hotel is linked to a casino. Very unfortunate indeed - the Casino is very depressing and the so called "luxury shops" have nothing to offer those visiting from major cities who expect the best. I know the economy in St. Louis needs a boost from gaming, but it's a shame that the Four Seasons has linked itself to such a tacky place. We won't be staying there again.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank suedevineafl
Reviewed December 18, 2010

Large, quiet, comfortable rooms. L'Occitane amenities in bathroom.
Well-equipped fitness room.
Good work area with ethernet internet hook-up
Cielo Restaurant for good breakfast.
Nice view of the arch.
The hotel is next door to a casino, just off the freeway. Only detractor is the huge display advertising billboard outside the hotel window at night. I closed the blinds and it went away.
The valet staff had my car warmed up and waiting on a cold morning. Nice touch

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business