“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Boston
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Everything as you would expect with a Four Seasons hotel. My room was large, clean, great amenities, nice view. Enjoyed a drink outside at the trendy terrace bar. The location is right adjacent to downtown with a view of the river and the Gateway Arch. Good value also!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Arch!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Awetsium_HM, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear J-Ro-Boston,

Greetings from the Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis!

Thank you for such a nice review of the hotel. I fully agree that our rooms are spacious, modern design with amazing views of downtown as well as the arch.

We look forward to your next visit and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Kind regards,

Four Seaons Hotel St. Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Modern and tasteful. Wonderful staff, views and service. The outside bar at night facing the Arch is dramatic. We've been here a few times and every time we talk about going to a different hotel for the sake of change, we remind ourselves that it's one of our favorites of any city. The fact that it's in St Louis and not New York makes it a great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Best hotel in the St. Louis area with a bonus... access to the casino. The staff was friendly from the front desk to housekeeping. The rooms were modern and clean and I must say I did not want to get out the bed because it was soooooo relaxing. The view from a city view room was okay, but who cares when you have floor to ceiling windows and on the 18th floor. I cannot wait until my next business trip back to St. Louis....just to stay at the Four Seasons!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Awetsium_HM, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Stacey20601,

Greetings from St. Louis.

Thank you for the outstanding review of the Four Seasons St. Louis.

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your stay with our Tripadvisor family. I thoroughly enjoyed your in depth review of the hotel and our services. In particular, I appreciate you sharing how wonderful our staff was namely Front Desk and Houskeeping.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to St. Louis. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at awet.sium@fourseasons.com

Oak Park, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I visited St. Louis on a last minute trip a few weeks ago. Usually, we plan ahead and stay at a favorite bed and breakfast, and if that isn't available, we'll stay in a boutique hotel in the Delmar Loop. This time, I searched for specials and found a great rate for Four Seasons. Pulled the trigger, and so glad we did. Service was impeccable, from the lobby bar to the desk attendant, to the room, which was sizable and well furnished. We got an upgrade to an arch view, and were so impressed with the view. The room service was expensive (to be expected, being a Four Seasons), but very good. And the rate for this room makes it a relatively inexpensive way to experience Four Seasons service if you haven't before. We never visited the casino, as we were pretty busy that weekend, but will definitely make a stop next time we come. It took us a few times to navigate the area, as the roads and highways are a bit of a snarl in that area, but once we got the hang of it, it was a breeze. Self park is definitely the way to go, as you are connected to the hotel via elevator from the garage. No need to valet. If we can consistently find the deal we did for this trip, I don't think we'll stay anywhere else when visiting St. Louis

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Javimere,

Thank you for the "truly amazing" review of the Four Seasons St. Louis. I am so happy to read that the service provided was outstanding as well as the views from our floor to ceiling windows were enjoyable.

Javimere once again thank you and we look forward to your next visit. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at awet.sium@fourseasons.com

Kind regards,

Four Seasons, St. Louis
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stay here when in St. Louis. It's a luxury expense that is worth well-beyond the price.

I'm an executive in the service industry myself (not hospitality), who is well-traveled and used to luxury hotels and service. However; some days people have better moods than others or their day starts badly or unremarkable or who knows ... the combinations are infinite and only determined persons who are truly engaged and interested in providing unquestionable hospitality can be rated as exceptional on a regular basis. This is precisely how I am describing the staff at the Four Seasons St. Louis. We had an abominable travel experience with American Airlines getting into St. Louis. The staff immediately saw to our comfort, growling tummies and generally poor disposition by offering a room upgrade, a free signature cocktail, a few free gourmet munchies courtesy of the dining room manager and exec. chef on duty, and genuine empathy for our travel story. The rooms, food and service are simply exceptional.

Room Tip: Get the Arch View... it's awe inspiring.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We've stayed at the Four Seasons in St. Louis probably 5 times now. It's just wonderful...SO much nicer than any other hotel in St. Louis, Clayton or the Loop. The rooms are clean, modern, spacious with lovely views and spa-inspired baths. The spa and fitness center are wonderful as is the rooftop deck pool and "lounging area." Very nice that they accept pets (even our 140 lb dog) and welcome them with beds of their own.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chester, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

How can I rate the hotel as "excellent" but my title indicates a "nightmare". My reason is that our past stays at the hotel have been excellent, but thi plast Sunday afternoon/early evening was far from good. The rooms are clean, great views, fairly nice staff (although this trip one desk agent was rather dismissive in her manner), but all in all a great hotel. Now the reason why our Sunday was ruined. In July, for my birthday, my husband said he would give me a night at the Seasons whenever I wanted a night away. Since the later summer months were so hot, we waited until the "pefect Sunday weather". And last Suday a.m., 9/9, after church, we decided to take advantage of the beautiful day. I called rather than book on line since we would be checking in early afternoon and I wanted to find out if there was any major convention at the hotel, etc., because a large group can be a distraction for a quiet night's stay, especially if there is a fraternity/sorority reunion, etc.. We really prefer Sunday or Monday evenings when spending a night in the city. When talking to the reservation agent, at the hotel, he said "yes, there were plenty of rooms" and the hotel was not crowded. He asked what was bringing us to the city and I told him we wanted to have a quiet, relaxing afternoon. My husband planned to gamble a bit and I would sit on the patio enjoying the beautiful afternoon and view, and do some people watching and reading and maybe a few laps in the pool. Then later a nice dinner on the patio late evening. I booked the room and asked for an early check in (around 2) if possible. No guarantee, but he would put a note in to housekeeping. Oh was going well. Moving right along.........

Our room was not available at 2:15 but miraculously (as always seems at the Seasons) we could upgrade to a room that was available for more dollars. I said sure, knowing we wanted to get settled and enjoy the day, afterall that is why we were in the city. We only live 60 miles from downtown St. Louis. We checked in, had a few issues with the room, people should know that the St. Louis Seasons has lots of rooms with connecting doors. I am the lightest sleeper in the world, so do not and will not stay in a room with a connecting door. But the desk staff worked it out for us and we moved. We were on the 18th floor, arch/pool view. The moment we stepped in we could hear loud, almost reverberating music. Looking down at the patio/pool area we saw a swarm of young people dancing, swimming, beach ball, etc. Wow, what a sight and how loud. Oh well, we figured it would not last too long. Not to happen. I opted not to go to the patio, closed my drapes and tried to read. My husband gambled about an hour, came back and we decided to go to the patio for a drink although the party was still in full swing. On entering the patio area, a young lady stopped us and asked what we were there for. Obviously we were not in bathing attire, so we told her we were wanting to sit on the patio. She screened our name and flippantly said you can go on the patio.

Apparently in the summer, Sunday's feature a "Summer Haven" for young people. The music so loud that no one in an arch view room could likely t ake a nap, relax, but most especially not be able to enjoy a few laps in the pool or the patio. The irony was that the party guests could not smoke on their side of the patio (by the pool, cabanas, etc.) and had to enter the patio area to smoke. They had wet bathing suits, came 5-6 at a time, sat on the patio chairs, leaving wet spots, put out their cigarettes on the patio, and one proceeded to pass out and sleep for quite some time. In all fairness, most were well behaved although some obviously pretty intoxicated. They were not guests at the hotel, at least most were not, because we watched them cover up, carry out their travel packs, etc., and bid the party hostess fairwell as they left a few at a time. We expressed our displeasure to our server, and I believe her name was Zarah. She was a jewel and seemed embarrassed that the place was such a mess, lounge chairs helter skelter, tons of cigarette butts, broken or cracked glass on the tables, etc. We were dtermined to stick it out, although we could not talk to each other. The music never stopped, no intermission, just loud, loud music. Another couple shared our same sentiments and were very disgusted. We, the guests, could not take advantage of the hotel's pool area, so why did we have to pay full price? And as they mentioned, why were we not warned that the pool was closed for a party?
The bar manager, Corey, talked to both of us and seemed to really not understand why we were upset. He was nice, but appeared young, and said not to worry this was the last event of the summer. And, it would be over at 7:00 p.m. We really did no care about next Sunday, we wanted our day in the sun!

I guess the bottom line is that this particular hotel does not have any regard for guests on Sunday Summer Haven days. We saw 15-20 people enter the area, casually dressed, for what appeared to be that they wanted to sit out and enjoy the day like us. A few sat down for a few minutes, but all but one other couple and my husband and me LEFT THE AREA. What are "guests" for at the St. Louis Four Seasons? No regard for those who were staying at the hotel. How I wished we had booked at the Hyatt across from the arch. The only nice thing about the evening, at 8:15 we went to the out side dining area and it had been cleaned up. We had a nice dinner. Corey, bar manager, saw us and said something like "see how nice it is out here". Well Corey, it will be a long time before we ever book at the hotel again. Who knows what plans they might have for a Fall or Winter Haven. Oh, and this is the first time I have every complained about a hotel and I write a lot of reviews. Certainly the St. Louis Four Seaons is not the upscale hotel that other Seasons are, at least those that we have stayed in.

That's it.....stay away on Sunday's in the summer or take your bikini/ and thongs and join in the fun, that is if you, as a guest, would be allowed in the pool area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple