“Small in size, large in flavor”
Review of Fritanga

Fritanga
Ranked #194 of 2,992 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Enjoyed the tejadas. The beef was very tasty; it was served with black beans and rice, as well as green plantains. The enchiladas look more like empanadas, but also good. We had a party of 7 for lunch. They gladly set up an extra table for us. This was really good and I want to return for dinner.

The restaurant is small. Parking is on the street. It's not fancy, but you won't mind.

Options for vegetarians.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

This place cannot be recommended enough! The owners are friendly and helpful, and all the food is delicious! I went here many times when I lived in St. Louis, including after my law school graduation. This place was a hit with my whole family! The carne asada was always my favorite. The enchiladas and plantains--however they are prepared--are must trys! A small place, only about 8 tables inside--but a great atmosphere!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place was excellent!!! We were traveling from Phoenix to Chicago and made a special stop in St. Louis just to try it. So glad we did! My husband is from Nicaragua and was so happy that the food was authentic. The owner was wonderful! The food was even better! I LOVE maduros and they were great. The gallo pinto was good. My family didn't have anything we didn't love! I had read reviews where people were saying the area wasn't great, but I didn't think it was bad. It was right off the freeway, which made it great for us since we were just stopping for lunch. It was so good and so convenient we stopped there on the way home to. To be honest, even if it was difficult to get to, it was so good we would have stopped anyway! If you live in St. Louis and don't take the opportunity to eat here, you are missing out!!!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our family enjoyed a huge and delicious dinner! We felt as if we were in Central Nicaragua enjoying great hospitality and the food was well prepared!! We are definitely returning more than just twice!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a group of 6 and were able to sit on the front patio. Service was very helpful and friendly. Food was awesome! This is my second time there, but will be back for dinner!