“We all scream for ice cream!”
Review of Oberweis Dairy

Oberweis Dairy
Ranked #45 of 96 Dessert in Saint Louis
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I hate living close to this place. I believe my car has a directional thingy on it that must turn its nose into their parking lot almost every time I pass! That's because their ice cream is way above everyone else's. Antibiotic free, no preservatives, pure ice cream is the only way I want to go, and that's what theirs is. Creamy and delicious, not grainy. I love their coconut banana royal, but I understand that they did not bring it back this year, which is a shame. So, oh darn, I had to move on to other flavors. This last time I got the espresso caramel chip in a waffle cone, which just oozed "comfort food". Their store is always exceptionally clean, and the tables are cleared promptly. Staff is always very friendly. I get points awarded on their Moola card, but if there is one thing to complain about, it is that every purchase only gives you a few points, and it takes forever to amass anything. Then you only get a few dollars off. There are rarely any bonus promotions. I like to get rewarded for loyal patronage at various restaurants, stores etc., and this doesn't quite fit the bill, but their ice cream is so good that I do come back anyway. But it would be nice if they upped the Moola.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

So I am currently pregnant with gestational diabetes so I can't eat just any ice cream right now. I went into Oberweis praying to satisfy my craving and came out with a huge smile on my face. I had a regular size Chocolate Frozen Yogurt that did NOT touch my blood sugars at all. I was so incredibly happy to find somewhere to get my #1 craving fix!!!!!! :) If you have GD give Oberweis a try!!!!!! :)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I love that Oberweis is localish-IL-first of all. But the ice cream really is fresh and delicious. You can really taste it when you compare it to soft serve or grocery store contained. Havent had ANYTHING bad yet and the Ice Cream cakes are perfect! YUM! Late hours too! It is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for in quality and the quantities arent shabby.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is our favorite dairy. We only drink their skim milk - it takes like at least 1% if not 2% milk. We also enjoy time here with friends for an indulgence in great ice cream.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Every time we are in St. Louis, we make the time to visit Oberweis! The milkshakes are the best in the world! Make sure to order them in a chilled glass. Yum!!