“Beautiful views, great spot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #43 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
DC
“Beautiful views, great spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Traveled for business - great accommodations, kept serving excellent food all day -- great breakfast - beautiful views of the arch and the ballpark.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

As a business traveler, the St. Louis Hilton Ballpark hotel, is a great home away from home. Every staff member I have encountered has been pleasant and very helpful. From the front desk, concierge lounge, housekeeping, management, and restaurant staff, they all have helped to make my stays in St. Louis much more pleasant. The amenities they offer for business travelers (for my company, not sure if this is all companies) are also great which include free internet, concierge lounge access for breakfast and evenings, weeknight outings, robes, the list goes on. If you are staying in downtown St. Louis I would definitely recommend the Hilton Ballpark.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

Overall experience at this property was impressive. Warm greetings as you enter the building and the bellstaff seem very interested as to why you are staying with them. The front desk staff was very courteous and quick to check us in. We requested a nice view and were given 3 fabulous options, the ballpark, the arch or a city view. We selected the ballpark and felt like we were right there, I can't believe how great the view is from the guest rooms. I have a feeling the other views are just as wonderful. We had drinks in the bistro bar and the staff there continued the friendly attitude that we had experienced from the moment we walked in the door. We did not have another dining experience in the hotel, but the restaurant must be very popular for breakfast as there was not an empty seat in the restaurant. We paid a very fair value for the hotel with all of its amenities, the hotel looks brand new in the lobby and guest rooms. I really like the modern contemporary feel of the property. The classic baseball pictures all over the first floor is a nice touch. This is THE location if you love baseball and want to be close to the action downtown. There were several nice restaurants within walking distance to choose from for a great dinner

Ridgeway, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

This is one of the best hotels I have been in. The room was great, had all the amenities. The view of the ballpark was stunning. The lobby and public areas have been recently redone and are gorgeous. The bar is very nice and the food at the restaurant, Market Street, is reasonably priced and way above average. The cherry chicken quesadilla is scrumptious.
We were doing client training and the training room, the Manchester Room, was great with a wonderful view of the ballpark (from the fourth floor). There was an issue with one of the windows being slightly open and the sterno on the afternoon treat (chocolate fondue) was a little too much heat, burning the chocolate) but, other than that, this has been my favorite place so far.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Jeferson City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

Had a great time with my wife at the Hilton Ballpark. I did not know that it was a Baseball weekend. Sorry St Louis not a fan. But had a great time. We had a beautiful view of the Arch. The staff was really nice. The Lobby Guy phillip was real helpful.
Place had some energy which was great!

Upper Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

I booked in April through priceline's name your own price. For $50 this was the best deal in town! Safe walk from train (even at 10pm for a solo woman). Clean room and lobby, easily walkable to Laclede's Landing (about 6 blocks), clean and safe neighborhood and the room was quiet. On Friday night there was a Cardinals game at the stadium across the street. The hotel was booked solid but I still found it quiet and not cramped.

I had a beer in the restaurant and charged it to my room... the hotel actually credited my Honors account with the full price of the room and beer even though I bought through wholesaler priceline, great deal!

Guests can check email for free any time in the business center. Several computers are available 24/7 - a nice perk. Free wi-fi in the lobby.

Pool was clean. Fitness center was free to guests, and a do-it-yourself laundry room was also available near the pool area (all on the 2nd floor).

From the airport board the train ($3.75), get off a the Stadium exit, walk about 2 blocks to the hotel. I spend 3 nights here and never bothered with a car, it was so easy and cheap to get around.

Great restaurants in this area and great view of the arch, courthouse, and fountains from my room.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank blissfulTraveler20
illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton at the ballpark when we went to a Cardinals game. When we pulled up to the hotel, my husband decided to use their valet parking service. Which was fine, I thought I could trust these people at this nice of a hotel. Little did I know I was wrong! We had money stolen out of our car. You may ask, why do you have money in your car anyway....Well, we use the envelope system to where we pay with cash for things and I had an envelope in my car for gas money. Which this envelope was hidden in my console. When I went to go fill up with gas the next day, there was NO MONEY in the envelope. Which the valet guys had to of went through my car to find this money!

• 1 of 5 bubbles