“Location, location, location!”

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #37 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed June 13, 2009

If you are staying downtown, especially for a game, but really for just about anything, this Hilton is a great choice. The rooms are nice and every employee we interacted with was wonderful (special shout out to both Bree at the front desk and the valets). I hate that you have to pay for parking downtown, but you would have to do that anywhere and they do nickel and dime you a little bit, but that is common to any Hilton I have stayed at. Given the price we got the room for on Priceline, it is kind of hard to complain. Our room was fine, bed was comfy, only complaint was the air vent in the bathroom was filthy - come on guys, how hard is it to vacuum those? Everything else was perfect for our needs. I would probably never choose to pay full price for a room here, but when I stay in St. Louis again, I will be very satisfied if this is the hotel I wind up getting.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank puravida2

Reviewed May 31, 2009

We had a nice, very comfortable room with a stadium and city view on the 17th floor. The lights of the city were spectacular after dark! The bed was very comfortable. It was the best night's sleep that I've ever gotten in a hotel room. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone in town for a Cardinal game, or sightseeing around town. The Bell Hops were very helpful and courteous. They were great!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flipflopstl
Reviewed May 23, 2009

We chose this hotel due to it's view of the stadium. The room was nice. We were on the 7th floor with a beautiful view of the stadium. The only problem is that there was a band playing outside on the first floor and they played on Thursday and Friday nights until midnight. The music was so loud that I couldn't run the AC high enough or the TV loud enough to overcome the bass guitar and the drums. It is a great hotel and great location for Cardinal games but think they could still offer outdoor music with some control on the volume.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Arkasnastraveler
Reviewed May 19, 2009

We booked this through a discount site in which we got a REALLY good deal. It's a great location for the game. We didn't go to one though since we have small children. The staff was exceptional! Everything that we requested was there for us. They were so nice and helpful. The bellhops don't get enough credit for what they do. They helped us out so much. With a 3 1/2 yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old, you have to haul a lot of stuff around and they didn't seem to mind one bit. During the week the pool was deserted which was nice for our little ones. And it's heated too! If you get the arch view, stay on a high floor and the view is awesome! I can't say for the ballpark view since we didn't have that. The ONLY thing that I didn't like is that after the game was over at about 10-11pm, there is a band that played music until the wee hours of the morning. We stayed on the 24th floor and they were outside in the lounge area and we could hear them. It was so annoying. I do also recommend the Imo's Pizza. YUM!!!! If I had to pay full price I might consider somewhere else though. I didn't like that you had to park across the street and down a block and there was no way I was paying $24 a night plus a tip for valet. Oh and the rooms were TINY. I mean you couldn't even turn around in the bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank sdk81
Reviewed May 18, 2009

The location of this hotel can't be beat if you're coming to town to see a Cardinals game. However, that's pretty much the only reason to stay here. The valet staff was very pushy when we arrived - even after I confirmed that we would be parking the car ourselves, they kept insisting I had over the keys and would not let us leave the car in the front while we checked in. The parking lot is right across the street, but the self-park option is an additional $16 a day. The rooms are small and cramped with furniture. There was also an additional fee for internet - I logged on at 11:00pm and was charged $9.99 to use it until noon the next day...barely 12 hours. There is no restaurant in the hotel - only a Starbucks which serves overpriced, stale breakfast pastries. All in all, I'd be hard pressed to recommend this hotel when there are much better places to stay around the ballpark.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TCRL10
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I had gone to St Louis for the St Louis GO! Marathon and got special rates at the Hilton at the Ballpark. I actually had made the booking BEFORE I found out about the special rates, so I was very happy when they changed them to the lower rate as part of the marathon weekend rate schedule. The race was run when it was cold and pouring down raining, so I had to walk a mile back to the hotel in the rain when it was over. I went right to the hot tub, I swear it's the biggest hot tub I have ever seen and so wonderful! I stayed there till my feet went from white to pink again. ANYWAY, the room was very nice, the ordered amenities arrived right away. Starbucks was really nice in the lobby area. The valet parking was most efficient and polite. I didn't eat there so I can't comment on the restaurant. The location was great for the marathon and especially great if you were there for a Cardinals game (they weren't playing that weekend). The Arch was right there as was the Capital building. It was very easy to get to the highway from the hotel and that is an important feature when you don't really know a city well. It was also very close and convenient to the airport. All in all, it was great!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I stayed here during a weekend in St. Louis. Although downtown St. Louis can be quiet (unless, as during our stay, there is a St. Patrick's day celebration downtown!), the hotel's location downtown is great -- right next to the ballpark, right off a major street that offers easy access to other areas of the city, near the highway, etc.

The hotel has been recently renovated, and it looks good. The lobby is very large and open. The guest rooms and hallways on my floor had been renovated; I visited one floor where renovation had yet to occur, and that made it evident that the renovation was complete; things looked totally different. The renovation added a modern feel to the property.

The room, although on the smaller side, was quite well designed, with a nice flat-screen TV, great view of St. Louis, good color scheme, large working area, comfortable furnishings, fridge, and two sitting chairs.

The only thing I didn't love was that the self-parking is in one of the ballpark garages across the street and about a half-block from the hotel. The hotel does offer valet parking, however.

I though the service at the hotel was excellent. My check-in was efficient and polite; the service at the breakfast buffet in the restaurant was good, and the concierge lounge attendant was particularly attentive. They served a Sunday night dinner in the concierge lounge, which was a nice touch. I'd certainly stay here again when business or leisure takes me to downtown St. Louis.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple