“Wonderful Stay, even with the goofy elevators!”

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #38 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
“Wonderful Stay, even with the goofy elevators!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is a very nice Hilton, and you really can not get a bad view no matter what side your room is on! There is so much to see in St. Louis, I just wish that I would have had more time to see it! The architecture is very much like a Greek/roman almost surreal here in the US, it is a beautiful city! The restaurant/bar was a great place to congregate after a long day at seminars, very open where large groups of people could still sit and talk of the days events! The staff was wonderful, and very accommodating, and the GM was absolutely outstanding, he jumped in and help with check ins even though the lines were not long at all! And remembered my name and asked if my room was to my liking and if I had gotten settled in the next day on a random siting in the lobby! The bell station workers were so friendly while walking in and out almost everyone of them would wish us good time in St Louis, and would greet and welcome us back to the hotel on return! I could not have asked for a better stay, and amazing thing is that the cost was not ridiculous either!!!

Room Tip: The higher up you can get a room, the more of the sites you can see!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Anaheim, CA
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I can't really say anything terrible about the hotel. I came with a group of hockey fans, and the hotel placed us in the back tower, facing the ballpark. Unfortunately it was in the middle of December, snowing, and I think it was 19 degrees, so no ballgame for us.

The rooms were nice, and I don't think I've stayed in a crummy Hilton. There was a coffee machine in the room, which is always nice. In the hotel, you can take a special elevator to the restaurant, and have a great view of the Arch. There's outside dining, but again, at 19 degrees, my Southern California thin blood wouldn't be able to take it, even with my parka.

The lobby was nice, plenty of sitting area, and walking distance to some bars and restaurants, including Hooters, which was open late for our post hockey game snack.

MInus one star in that St. Louis isn't all that great of a city after dark... but I'm guessing you need a car to find the hot spots in the city. In this part of town, Hooters and some bars didn't quite cut this as a "happening" town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
los angeles, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Great hotel but if they are busy make sure you get a room in the West Tower. The East Tower is extremely busy especially if there are events in the city. Even though the Valet service is expensive...the staff is fantastic. Very friendly and professional..and quick to service you coming and going.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Novato, California
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Perfect hotel for those who want to spend some time in downtown St. Louis: Sporting events, restaurants, tourist sites, etc. They are all there. The lobby bar, the lower bar and restaurant and the fantastic rooftop bar all are staffed by attentive and gracious staff. The only down side is the elevator system which can be confusing and crowded. But, this may have only been in the tower I was in. A nice business center as well as a Starbucks attached to the lobby. About 30 minutes to the airport. The arch is right there and I had an awesome view of it. My coworkers on the other hand had a great view of the ballpark.

Room Tip: Get a room in the east tower as high up as possible for the better views.
1 Thank xraystokes
Fort Leonard Wood, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Location is the only thing good about this hotel. It was way overpriced. The bathroom was EXTREMELY small. We paid extra to have a view of the St. Louis Arch, which ended up being just a small portion of the side of it. The majority of the view was the tall building directly in front of it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

San Jose, California
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our West tower room on the 11th floor faced the baseball park and the surrounding bars and clubs had THUNDERING noise/music until about 2:00am! For the cost of the rooms, I would expect a better relationship with surrounding businesses. Perhaps that is unrealistic.

For the cost of the rooms, I certainly expect at least one towel rack! There was none and my wife and I could either hang the used towels on the shower curtain rod, or on the single hook behind the bathroom door. Where is one supposed to hang their clothes if the door hook has a towel on it? There was a nice photograph hanging in the bathroom and I would have rather had a towel rack there.

The room was mostly clean. Bed, linen, bathroom, drawers, closet were clean. However, the air conditioning/heater duct left a track of dirt on the ceiling! It was actually kinda gross. The entire ceiling was white except where the air blew from the vent. There was a 2 foot wide swath of dirt/dust tracking across the ceiling. For the cost of the rooms, I'd expect this area to be cleaned at least once a month. Annually too much to ask?

For the cost of the rooms, I'd also expect the exhaust fan to work in the bathroom; the drawer bottoms not to be broken (nails were pulling out probably from a heavy load); a free standing table other than the "bench/table" across the one wall; more than one chair, one luggage stand in a room with two double beds; a pad of paper. I think Conrad Hilton is turning over...

The bar at the top of the East tower was nice and had a great view of the ballpark. Our room also had a view of the park, but you couldn't see the field from the 11th floor.

We were in St. Louis for an event at the Edward Jones Dome and it was a convenient 10-12 minute walk at a somewhat fast pace. It is super close to the Arch and some rooms have a view of it.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel for the Cardinals opening day. The location was fantastic, couldn't be better! Right in the middle of everything & portions of the hotel overlooked the ball park. We stayed here two years ago and loved it-the room, location, food, etc. This time we were put in the East Tower and it was a totally different experience. This portion of the hotel is very dated and the walls are paper thin-we listed to the man in the room next door belch all evening while sporadically fighting with his girlfriend (super fun). We heard every noise in the hall way, the elevator, people in the stairwell, etc. It was a very loud place to spend a few evenings, to say the least.
We had our dog with us (which is a pro in this review-this location is pet friendly) so we ordered room service both nights. The first night we ordered Imo's pizza, which we both agreed was a huge let down (save your money). On top of it not being very good, they forgot the salads and it took them over an hour to bring them back up. The second night we ordered hotel room service and everything was cold and mushy (again, save your money). The room was half the size of the one we'd previously stayed in in the other tower so I'd highly recommend staying in the main building. The service was average.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear 4dogs2many,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel for the opening day. I'm disappointed to hear about the noisy neighbors and poor room service experience. The east tower has been often complimented for its spectacular views of the baseball stadium. Being a pet friendly hotel has enabled families to travel with their "entire" family! I'll share your comments about the condition of the room with our housekeeping team, sounds like they could have been more thorough. We do value your feedback, and want you back for a visit in the future! Please contact myself if you require any assistance making arrangements on your next trip to St. Louis.

Mike