“Great Service!!!!”

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #36 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Hilton has always been a great place to stay but the reason I'm writing this review is because I received EXCEPTIONAL service thanks to Beverly who booked my reservation. Since it was my first time in St. Louis, I had a lot of questions. Not only did Beverly answer each of them with patience and grace, she gave me even more helpful information that was extremely beneficial! In other words, she showed that she really did care about my concerns and was willing to stay on the phone for as long as I needed to remove any fears I may have had about travelling there. Thanks to Beverly, I was able to check in early after arriving at the airport at 5am and she made sure to let the front desk clerk know I was an early arrival! Because of Beverly, my trip to St. Louis was a memorable one. You're awesome Beverly!

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to ask for a good view from your room! You'll likely get it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We have such an amazing team and they are the reason that our hotel is so special! We do hope your return again soon and we'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Beverly!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,098)

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We accompanied a group of high school students attending a competition at America's Center/Jones Dome. They were in awe of the Hotel but plumbing problems put a damper on that. The guest rooms need some updating and the 12th floor contained really small rooms - don't know if they are like that on other floors! Elevator problems led to stair-climbing :( But, good news, the Bistro had great servers, including Dale - for breakfast, and terrific food/good value. Would stay again - just maybe in a different type room and without students!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel! We apologize for the delays you experienced on the elevators and also for the plumbing issues. We're assuming that our terrific Engineering team took care of it for you, but it's still unfortunate that it happened and we apologize. As for the elevators, they can be congested during busy baseball weekends, but when you add in that we had almost 400 rooms with 4 students per room, we had a ton of people in the hotel that weekend and it did cause some delays, particularly around Cardinal games as people are all coming and going to the Stadium at the same time! Thank you for your review and we do hope you'll come back the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was favorably impressed with the courtesy of all staff at the front desk and in particular with Emily who took personal care of me; from showing me the room of our meetings, ensuring everything was in order ( projector, flip charts, etc.) to making copies of the material, etc. Her help was tremendously valuable. They could use benefit from a new copier machine though.

The service was top notch! Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Luisa C

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us and on the service you received from our teammates, partcularly Emily at the Front Desk! We have a wonderful staff here and they are the reason we've been #1 in this market for the past 5 years! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had such an outstanding stay at the St. Louis Ballpark Hilton from April 22 - May 3 (12 nights) that I felt compelled to write my first TripAdvisor review! I was traveling for business and brought my dog, and the entire staff went above and beyond throughout my entire stay to make both my dog and I feel comfortable. I was assigned room 2123 in the West Tower. It is on an executive level and had a great view of the Old Courthouse (where the Dred Scott case was decided with a museum) and the infamous Arch. The room was clean and comfortable, but the bathroom was a bit small. Housekeeping was great. Since I was staying with a pet, they told me at check-in that I could simply call the guest services line after I got back from work and they would clean my room while I walked the dog. They did this without a hiccup all 12 nights, and I often had a message on my phone awaiting me to ensure the room was cleaned. I forgot my toothbrush and grabbed the free ones from the front desk, and one day I came back to the room and found 2 high quality toothbrushes left by housekeeping when I didn't even ask for - so thoughtful!!

Hilton take note....this hotel SETS THE STANDARD for the service an executive lounge should offer. For starters, the lounge has a full hot dinner every single evening from Sunday - Thursday. Entrees included crab cakes, filet mignon, jumbo shrimp, chicken, etc.. and even being there for 12 nights, I was never served the same thing twice. The food was better than most of the restaurants outside of the hotel. There were multiple side dishes and selection of salads. Dessert consisted of multiple options of carrot, cheese, or red velvet cakes, cookies, brownies, fruit etc... I could go on and on about how good the food was. Breakfast had several hot options to chose from. The lounge is closed on Saturday and Sunday for breakfast, but the buffet in the restaurant is massive and delicious. I loved the fresh mango and cooked to order eggs.

The rooftop bar is another highlight. The food and drinks are great, and the view is phenomenal. I may or may not have found myself up here almost every night of the 12 night stay. Make sure you try the Margarita Pizza, Salmon Chips, or Sushi on the rooftop. The only downside is that people coming and going from the rooftop bar causes the elevator situation in the East tower to be completely unbearable. I traveled with colleagues who stayed in rooms in the East Tower that constantly complained about the elevators taking forever.

All of the staff made me feel welcome, but I want to recognize a few people that I felt went above and beyond during my stay. Thanks to Brandon at the rooftop bar for excellent service, Pete in the Exec Lounge for always being so nice and chatting with my colleagues and I, Danielle in guest services for always calling me to make sure my room was cleaned while my dog and I were out and asking how our walk was, and Jeff (a manager) who came to my room the first night and introduced himself and always stopped to say hello. I also appreciated that there seemed to always be someone both outside and inside the hotel greeting guests.

This was my first trip to St. Louis, and I would not hesitate to stay here again if I find myself back and will definitely recommend this property to my friends!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the WEST Tower... All floors in West (except 22) appear to have been renovated, an...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are very grateful for your business. We also appreciate that you took the time to specifically mention a few of our wonderful team members. Our staff is what makes our property so wonderful and we're always pleased when they are recognized! Thank you again for such a glowing review and we hope to see you back with us again soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here for a business meeting. It was a great location, and my room had a terrific view of the ballpark! The staff went over and above to accomodate our stay; I had actually arrived a day later than my reservation, forgetting to cancel that first night. Other than an explanation that is why they couldn't find my reservation, I would have never have known. It was a terrific hotel, the 360 lounge was awesome, and the food was good. I would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your business and your kind words!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel is hitting on all cylinders. I was impressed with the lobby and front desk service. The space is beautiful and makes you want to hang out there! The downstairs bar and gathering area is a very inviting space to hang out between meetings and while gathering for other events. Very nice! The conference service staff and restaurant staff did a good job. Usually I think hotel catering food is bad to mediocre, but this food was good! They did a nice job. My room as attractive, clean, and very nice. The cleaning staff did not do the best job or have the best timing, but that was a minor thing. Great experience here!!!

Room Tip: Spending the extra $$ for a ballpark view room is not necessary! Save the money and just enjoy the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thnak you so much for taking the time to share your review! We always appreciate hearing from our guests! We're pleased that you had such an enjoyable time with us and we do hope to see you back with us soon! Thank you, again, for such a wonderful review and for giving us your bsuiness!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you are looking for a quality and top end place to stay downtown next to the Cardinal Ballpark this should be one to consider. Very helpful staff, clean rooms, good beds, SECURITY!! and great food.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your kind words and hope you'll come back and visit us again!