“Great location”

Ranked #41 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
OMAHA
“Great location”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our backup hotel - but Once we stayed there, I would say it will be our 'go to' hotel ! Location was great, Sporting events are all walkable with lots of restaurants and bars close by And... the hotel was very nice. We had a great room with a view of the arch and river.It was quiet and the in-hotel restaurants ( Esp the pizza place) were great. We also got a nice group discount so that made staying here quite doable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We're thrilled that we have ascended to the Go-To hotel and we look forward to seeing you upon your return to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Eldon, Missouri, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because it was where my daughters dance competition was held. While it had a great view of the stadium and was centrally located to many tourist destinations and places to eat-the elevators caused a great deal of problems. We were in the West tower which only had 2 of the 3 elevators working when we arrived. It wasn't long until it was down to one! There was also the state wrestling tourney being held close by and apparently a large group of boys piled into the elevator and got stuck! From then on a security guard was in the elevator and had to pry the doors opened when it stopped! With only one or two elevators the wait was long and many times when it would arrive it would be full. We ended up taking our dances and walking down the stairs as the wait was terrible and they were going to miss check in. luckily we were only on the 5th floor! The group of wrestlers staying next door screamed and ran up and down the halls until I called security, which only quieted them for an hour or so-then they were horrible until about 3 am-other people in our group on different floors had similar experiences. Then the ballroom couldn't put out the music through the AV system so it kept cutting in and out, which made it hard for them to dance! Overall I would not stay here again-there are several other hotels close by with better accommodations!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your recent stay with us. We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues with the elevator and are actively working with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Thank you so very much for all of the kind, patient, and professional service to all who stayed at Hilton at the Ballpark during Urbana 2013. There was an overwhelming amount of people, and yet all of the staff were so gracious and welcoming. It was amazing to think what a great experience it was to have thousands of people in one city, and feeling safe and respected nonetheless. I also wish to thank Tim, who helped check me into my room and was very helpful and respectfult during the whole visit. Thank you Tim and thank you Hilton! God bless you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for such a kind and gracious review of our hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and for specifically mentioning one of our great team members, Tim! We hope to see you back with us the next time Urbana comes to St. Louis!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Amazing experience. Really cool bar/patio set up, great views of the city. Awesome atmosphere. DJ did a great job. Separate elevator for the bar so you do not have to stop at each floor to get up there. I heard it is GREAT after a Cardinals game. Loved it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our amazing rooftop bar, 360 St. Louis. We are so proud to have that as part of our hotel and we're glad that you had a good time while you were there! Come back and see us again soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I am frequent travelor to this establishment for I live in another city, but work for a company HQ in St. Louis. The staff is the essence of customer service. It is all about the customer, Joe the valet, Dave and Glen at the concierge desk to managers Bill and Jeff and Shameka at the Starbuck's. What a great team, it truly is the home away from home. If I had to say anything negative, the menu has room for improvements, but the staff, the 360 bar, the rooms are awesome!!! I would be hard pressed if you find another hotel with such great customer interaction and service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We truly appreciate your kind words and your mention of several of our wonderful team members! I will pass along your comments about the menu to our Food and Beverage Director, but I can tell you that we definitely have a change to the In Room Dining menu on the horizon! Again, thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Glendale, California
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here from 3/18 - 3/21. Without belaboring the point, I was checked into a room with a beautiful view of the ballpark, a bloody/poopy robe and moldy food (sushi, leftovers, coffee) in the refrigerator. Upon reporting this, I was promptly offered a move. After visiting 3 different rooms that were either unavailable or occupied, I received a room that had very little in the way of amenities: 1 shampoo, no conditioner, no hand soap and no robe. When I finally got this new room, I was relieved to be in a clean space. The manager of the hotel (very nice) asked if there was anything he could do -- I explained that some sort of a credit or certificate for a future stay would be nice -- no such luck. When I went to check out, I realized I had left something in the original room. They said it hadn't been cleaned, but when I went up, my item was there and the room was reset -- bloody/poopy robe back on the hanger and moldy food still in the fridge. While the hotel claimed it wasn't clean, I can't imagine any reason this robe would be hung up again...other than the room being reset. to add insult to injury, when I went to get in the elevator to leave, I ended up having to wait 25 minutes to catch the elevator and in an effort to not miss my shuttle, I ended up lugging my luggage down three flights of stairs to the lobby. *Sigh, can't think of a reason I would stay here again.

Room Tip: request the East tower (newly renovated)
1 Thank NapiliJess
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you encountered. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and know our guests deserve better. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. We hope you will give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My coworker and I stayed at the Hilton at the Ballpark from March 19-22. It was a great experience. I had a corner room on the 23rd floor with a full-on view of the St Louis Cardinals Ballpark. Upon arrival, we self-parked at the garage across the street ($18/day) otherwise valet is $25/day. The hotel staff was very friendly and you are greeted whenever you walk through the front door. I have been reading a lot of complaints about the elevator, and although it is kind of futuristic, I never waited more than 3-4 minutes to get on.

The one gripe I do have about his property is the size of the bathroom. You cannot get in the shower without closing the door because it is very small. However, I don't visit cities to spend time in the bathrooms...so I was able to make due!

The bed was comfortable, the individual-controlled climate box was manageable, and the room was surprisingly quiet. There is an in-room safe and the housekeeping staff does a great job of cleaning the rooms.

The biggest asset of this property is the 360 rooftop bar! I didn't discover this jewel until my second night. The view is AMAZING! It is literally a 360 degree view of the St Louis skyline. They have Happy Hour food and drink specials, a DJ, and even had an awesome live band one night. The bartenders are super friendly (ask for Lee or Lloyd) and the servers are very welcoming too (ask for Ashley).

Everything at this hotel was very pleasing and I will definitely be a return guest if I'm ever in the St Louis area again!

Room Tip: Request a room in the East tower. Rooms are closer to the lobby and has better views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We're thrilled that you had such an enjoyable time while you were with us and we do appreciate your business! We look forward to having you back with us again soon!