“Nice Ballpark Room”

Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Elgin
“Nice Ballpark Room”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Great location to the ballpark! However, the rooms are not very quiet. It is an old building, showing it's age. We had adjoining rooms and you could hear everything in the next room, including normal conversation. Everything was cleaning and staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2012
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We do apologize that the noise was disruptive to you and we hope that you'll give us another opportunity soon! Thank you again for your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The first ever 4 star+ hotel we've stayed that has noise issues. The noises from the 26th floor 360 nightclub resonates through the duct work into the rooms keeping us awake during the wee hours of the morning and again early in the morning as they moved furniture to clean the nightclub. No sleep. Terrible!

Room Tip: Select another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Denis F
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a relaxing experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise you encountered. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Texarkana, Arkansas
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Great bar on the rooftop that overlooks the baseball stadium. Within walking distance of numerous cool bars and restaurants. Very clean and modern look and feel to the hotel. Food there was overpriced and not very good. Valet parking only also.

• Stayed September 2012
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Lovely weekend stay for my son's wedding. Location was excellent at the wedding was in the park area under the Arch. We ate in the bar and had breakfast one morning and both were excellent. Room was very clean and comfortable. Only one small item of criticism ...the elevators were very unusually accessable. Don't know if this was for security reasons, and there was certainly plenty of security. We also enjoyed an evening at the top of the Hilton at the 360 Bar.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the St. Louis Cardinals ballpark a beautiful site.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
STL
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'm an HHonors member with dozens of stays at nearly as many Hilton Facilities.
This place doesn't even get up to Super 8 standards.
The ONLY positive thing about it is the location.
Do Not make the mistake of ordering pizza from the downstairs pizzaria, ' Imo's'
unless you feel that a 40% tip is appropriate, they'll add whatever they want.
the heat/air unit in the room was loud, inefficient and looked like Soviet surplus. The bathroom was as large and opulent as a Detroit phone booth. I found someones toenail clippings on the floor. The walls are so thin that, even over the noise of the heater, the nieghbors kept me awake most of the night. The phone was so static-filled ( with a fast busy over the top of everything) that the front desk was good enough to comp my breakfast the following morning, good luck *finding* it...
Seriously, just pitch a tent - at least it won't dissapoint you.

Room Tip: Pitch a tent outside
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
First of all, thank you for your loyalty as a rewards member. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods - we regret that noise was disruptive to you. I apologize that you're comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our security team. I’m also very sorry that cleanliness was a concern and have addressed this with our housekeeping staff. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.
Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this location for a work related conference. The location was ideal with the Gateway Arch, Busch Stadium and the Old Courthouse all in walking distance. The hotel is definitely older but it was clean and you can see that they have made attempts at updating it. My room showed some signs of age but the furniture and bed and TV were all new. It would have been nice if there was a fridge. One of the issues I had was that my room was never cleaned before 3:00. I would sometimes go to my room during breaks in conference and it was never cleaned. Also, I found it strange that I would set the temperature of my room at 71 and when housekeeping left it was always set at 66. I can see adjusting the temperature if I was checking out but they did it everyday. I found the staff to be pleasant, polite and accomodating ....except for a couple of the Bell Captains. I mentioned to one of the Bell Captains that I was intending to go to the ball game that night and right away he reached for his cell phone and told me that he had a ticket broker on call. I told him 'why would I go through a ticket broker and pay broker fees when I could walk across the street and buy a ticket at one of the stadium ticket windows' - which is exactly what I did. There was a Starbucks in the lobby but be prepared to wait for awhile in the morning. The food at the hotel restaurants was average and pricey; you are better off venturing out to one of the numerous restaurants in the area. Overall the hotel was okay... I would have no problem staying there again if the price was right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed here many times and it seems like every time it gets worse. The best thing about this hotel is probably the location and views (it is right across from Busch Stadium, the Captiol building and the Arch). Upon my visit this year, my phone charger came up "missing" after they refreshed the room on the first day. When I notified the hotel, they sent up a gentleman to "file a report." After the first night, I heard nothing else from anyone. So upon check out I brought it up to the Front Desk Supervisor. He then said I needed to talk to someone else and couldn't locate him for about 30 minutes. In addition, my reservation information got fumbled with someone elses and I received a confirmation email which included someone else's reservation info including name, address, along with their guests name and address, and last four of the visa number along with the expiration. When I brought this up to the front desk they said they don't have anything to do with booking and referred me to the website. All and all I was not happy at all with this stay. No accountability.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family