Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
$379
$321
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
$224
  • Restaurant
The Parkway Hotel(Saint Louis)
$189
$183
Hotels.com
$154
$137
Hampton.com
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
$239
Hotels.com
$260
$307
$299
$307
  • Restaurant
Westin St. Louis(Saint Louis)
$439
$287
$229
Hotwire.com
3,129 results
All reviewsrooftop barball parkimo's pizzahilton stcardinals gamevalet parkingcity viewthe executive loungegateway archlouisdowntownconferencecourthousebellmangarage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton for a conference this past week- if you want to be in downtown St Louis, close to the sports stadiums and the arch, this is a great place. It's next door to Busch Stadium- my room directly overlooked the baseball field- I even got to watch a game from my room! The hotel has a great bar/restaurant on the roof called 360- it has fantastic views of the city on all sides including the arch and you can watch baseball games from there as well. It's got a cool modern feel with comfortable booths to sit in and firepits. Food is good and was reasonably priced for a hotel bar. I wasn't a fan of the breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant in the lobby. It was your standard fruit, cereals, eggs, omelette station set up, but it was $18 and the food wasn't that great. The gym has good equipment- Precor treadmills, elllipticals and bikes as well as free weights. There's also a pool, but I didn't use it. The hotel is definitely older- there's signs of some wear in the rooms such as signs of past water damage by the windows and older vanities, but the beds are comfortable and new, they've updated the tile in the bathroom and added granite (not sure why they kept the older vanity though!) and the room furniture was clean and in good condition. The lobby has been modernized and looks nice. They've also installed this new elevator syste where you enter your floor on a computer screen outside the elevators and then you're told what car to take. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views. Ask for a view of the arch or the stadium. I stayed in the East tower, which is supposedly the nicer one.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

A group of us went to the baseball game on Saturday and Sunday September 8-9 and overall had a great experience. The other reviews my wife and I had read are more then accurate when describing one thing.... the HORRID elevators. Im honeslty not quite sure how this place runs without 90% of the people staying making a complaint about them. Jeff the manager, the front desk staff and the starbucks staff we encountered were nothing but friendly and our room was quite nice and clean- not the most up to date room I have ever stayed in but all in all not bad. One thing we were impressed with was the food and service at the 360 rooftop bar. There was a line on Saturday so we skipped it that night but we went up before the game on Sunday to grab a few bloody marys and had a great time. We sat at the outside bar and Brandon and Michelle were great. The bar was full with people eating before the game but they were attentive, friendly and fun and man oh man was the food outstandig and FAST. One minor complaint that I hate to make but we did go back up after the game and their replacments were not as friendly... service was still prompt but the girl and an older guy didnt seem as thrilled to be there. We will be back and will continue to recommend this hotel to our out of town friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went to a Cards game last night. We had heard that this was a nice place to stay so close to the ball park. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the valet and given directions for pickup etc. The lobby of the hotel was beautiful and the staff all around was very helpful. However, when signing into the hotel we were told that the room I had paid for when I made reservations in MAY was not available. The had overbooked the king beds. I was way less than pleased considering I paid over $250 for this room the be held for me. The supervisor on duty ask if he could see the reciept of the online reservation I had made. I had it with me (if you make online reservations make sure you have it with you) and handed it to him. It took him several minutes to look it over, and finally he told the man I was singing in with some code to put in the computer. I did end up with a king bed room but not the one I paid for. Nor was I credited for the room I stepped down to. It didn't have all the amenties I had paid for.
The elevator service is horrid. We walked the steps several times because it was a 30minute wait to get on the elevator as when the 360 Bar opens one elevator is used just for those patrons. Thank God I was only on the fifth floor. The room was small and smelled of mold. The outlets in the room would not even hold in a plug to charge our cellphones or tablet. They kept falling out of the plug in. The bathroom is more like a closet. There is maybe 1cm of clearance between the bathroom door and toilet. The noise level is high. A band was playing downstairs till midnight. Our room was also next to an ice machine which added to the noise level. The lock between the two rooms that ajoined didn't work so anyone from the other room could have came into our room.
I will say the Starbucks downstairs is great!
Overall, I was hoping for more but just didn't get it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
SurtinJ, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk staff goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability. I’m very sorry that we felt short of meeting your expectations and your feedback will help us to make improvements for all of our guests. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We made reservations thru Expedia for our annual stay at this motel. We booked a Executive Suite for our stay. Upon arrival, we were told that they OVER SOLD the motel & we would be put in another tower, but would get a free breakfast like our EXECUTIVE PACKAGE would have included!!! We lost our view of the ballpark, lost our room on the floor we booked.

The receptionist at the check in desk treated us rudely & stated "YOU BOODED 3rd PARTY" so, we are rebooking you guys in the other tower!!

After speaking to the manager, we were told "Take what we are offering or find another place to stay!!!' He also offered us a $25 credit at the bar!!! Neither of us drink!!!!! :-(

Room Tip: Make sure to book in main tower!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. I have contacted our front office staff in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures. We value all of our guests and would never want you to feel unimportant or undervalued. Please feel free to reach out to Jeff Moll directly at jmoll@hiltonstlouis.com or 314-421-1776, so we can make this right.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I decided to splurge for a night on a business trip (and managed to be way over my expense account budget!), and stayed here rather than on the Illinois side where my accounts are. There was a game going on, so the parking garage was somewhat full, and is a block away from the hotel. My husband was on this trip with me, and we went up to the rooftop bar for a late lunch. The view of the game was great, but like others said, service was terrible. They were extremely rude and acted as if we were bothering them when I asked to order food. We were able to walk to the arch and the courthouse within 10 minutes of the hotel, which was great. With my HHonors gold status, I was given executive lounge access, which is always wonderful. We took advantage of the snacks from 10-5, and the appetizers that are served from 5-7, along with breakfast the following morning. The appetizers truly could have been dinner if you wanted them to as they had so many options. Breakfast was great and they had many hot and cold options. Every employee we encountered was extremely friendly! The rooms were extremely clean, and while I didn't get a view of the arch or the ballpark, that really wasn't a big deal. As far as people complaining about the size of the bathroom, it really didn't bother me. Is it the largest hotel bathroom I've seen? No. Let's be serious though, clearly the people complaining have never stayed at a hotel in New York! The counter space in the bathroom was extremely spacious, which was enough to keep me happy. I'd definitely recommend this hotel, although not if you're trying to stay within your expense report budget :)!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business