“Some Highs, Some Lows”

Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Ranked #38 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed September 11, 2011

After reading the less than stellar on line reviews about this property, we arrived with low expectations. We arrived at 3:15 and were told (by a verry smug young man at the front desk) that our room wasn't ready and that check in time was 4. I understand that you can't always get in your room before official check-in, but the arrogant little man at the front desk could have at least pretended to care. We waited over a drink at the bar in the lower level (very nice) and our room was ready at 4 PM. We were in the west tower, the room was nice enough, but there was trash on the floor of the room, it was clear that the room had been 'rush" cleaned.
On the plus side, the concierge was friendly, the bellmen were nice, and the valet parking was well managed. The elevators in this place were just awful, after the ballgame both nights we stayed, long lines waited at the elevators, the elevator capacity just can't handle the sudden rush that occurs after an event is over. Even at times other than peak rush, the wait for elevators is long.

We would stay at this property again, but only after researching other options close to the ballpark. It certainly is convenient, but half of the employees appear to work very hard, and half just don't care. The potential is there, but the effort is lacking.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
jeffmoll, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate the review. The associates make all the difference in quality of your stay. Most of the employees do try very hard to take good care of the guests and show that they care. However, I am becoming aware of some of the associates that need training and others that need some coaching. We have a good deal of new staff and we will be working to develop better communication skills. The elevators can be a challenge after a major sporting event when all the guests want to access them at the same time. But, any elevator system would be challenged during a peak time such as this. We hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Just checked in to the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark tonight. While the location is great - across the street from Busch Stadium - the property has issues!

First, the bed frame on one of the beds in our room sticks out on one side by 3-4 inches, which is hidden by the bed skirt. I didn't see it, tripped over it, and have a huge bruise on my ankle to show for it. That's dangerous...for guests and for their housekeeping staff. I'm sure I'm not the first person to run into it.

Second, the hotel offers two tiers of internet service - Regular for 9.95/day, and "turbo" for 15.95/day. Besides the ridiculous pricing, the "turbo" service is about as fast as the pony express. What a rip off!

Finally, the walls are paper thin. We can hear every word of conversation in the room next door to us, and we can hear it clearly.

All that, and it's just the first night. I'm in for a looonnng week.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback. It was nice to speak to you personally and fix the issues that you were experiencing while you were still here. I hope the rest of your stay goes very well.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Everyone, from the sales manager to the wait staff, are very courteous and extremely accommodating. The hotel itself is very, very nice with more than adequate meeting space. We took our customers to a Cardinals ballgame, and the ballpark is right across the street from the hotel so there was no need for shuttle services. We have used this hotel for the past 5 years and will certainly go back in 2012!

Room Tip: The rooms are very clean and spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
jeffmoll, Manager at Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Thank you for the Trip Advisor review. This is really the ideal place to have a business meeting. The banquet staff takes excellent care of the guests and the perk of adding a baseball outing to the schedule works out very well. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

1st trip to St Louis and we couldn't have picked a better hotel. Check in was a breeze, breakfast was delicious, and just a quick walk to the ballpark and Arch. I enjoyed having a Starbucks right in the lobby. Staff was awesome. I want to thank O Phillip Brandon and Long Pham for their assistance. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcia W

Thank you for the Trip Advisor review. I am so happy to hear that you had such a positive experience. I will share your comments with Phil and Long. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Our experience at this hotel has been terrible. We booked here months ago to accomodate our large group including 5 small children and my 84 year old mother in a wheelchair. The main reason for choosing this hotel for our baseball family get-together was proximity to the ballpark and the Hilton reputation. While writing this I am exhausted. Exhausted by rooms not ready(even at 7 o'clock), reservations scrambled, promises of close rooms in resort being flung over the hotel, and waiting in multiple lines. Lines to check in, lines for bell carts, lines for elevators. Luggage for 5 rooms stored in the one available room. Nightmare of more waiting as everything is transferred around. One member of our group carried luggage for four people down 19 floors. In all fairness the manager was sympathetic and tried to make it right for us. However I don't know that we'll ever stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am sorry that we let you down. The majority of the time, the check-in process goes very smooth. However, there are some few times that we are literally overrun with sheer volumes of people. This generally tends to happen on the weekends especially when the Cardinals change their starting time for the game. While I appreciate the review, there is not very much for me to research without more specific information. Please fell free to contact me directly concerning your recent stay. I would like to have the opportunity to make up for the issues that you faced.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

This is the best hotel in the downtown area. The service was great and Shena at the front desk was the best!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with Sheena. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Hey Emilie,

You truly hit our whole event….right out of the Ball Park….it was truly a walk off grand slam!!! THANK YOU.

Please tell Chef…the meal was superb, service was totally excellent….and you know..I would tell you if it wasn’t…The guys handling AV were remarkable and very accommodating…

The hotel rooms are absolutely beautiful...and so very comfortable....GREAT VIEWS TOO!

REALLY…I have received PRAISES and CUDOS from at least a dozen people this morning….about the whole nite at the Hilton at the Ball Park….I know I can always count on everything being perfect.

Have a great day…
Mo

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Maureen M

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor survey. The banquet staff here does an outstanding job. It all starts with Emile. She is the most detailed catering manager I have ever worked with and she always stays to make sure that events run smooth. Additionally, our Chef is amazing. He is able to cook for 500 people and the food tastes as if it was cooked to order just for you. We are very fortunate to have an outstanding banquet staff in all aspects from the venues themselves to the people that work the events. We look forward to hosting your event again in the future.