St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #23 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed June 27, 2014

It will eventually grow into a five Star after the renovations are completed. Love the Restaurants, even though they were a little expensive. Breakfast is not free but it does have a lot to offer. The wait staff was totally amazing. The light show is being developed into a must see experience. No one was servicing the paddle boat area. Pool as in a great location. Lots of promise, but have to like fresh paint fumes, and the noise that comes with progress. Architecture is amazing. Rooms were clean. Do the valet parking for more vehicle protection. Added amenities are special. Including the sucker bowls and cookies. Love the depot look, but more history please. One of the best breakfast waitresses I have ever met. The staff for the hotel is well trained and very friendly, over and above the medium. Keep growing.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton

Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel doesn't make it easy on people in wheelchairs. Its a hotel that is old but wheelchair ramps are not convenient & there isn't a lift at the pool. My wife & I can walk but our kids are in wheelchairs so if you like the old historic hotel this would be ok. If you are looking for convenience of ball games this isn't ideal for wheelchair accessibility.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I am terribly sorry you did not enjoy your visit to the Station. It is true, we are historic and large--but we work every day to improve the accessibility of the complex. We have added a new ADA curb-cut to our valet and begin the renovation of our ADA entrance in August. I have been told the pool-lift was taken out for repairs and is currently re-connected. I am so sorry this was out while your visit took place. Please accept my sincerest apologies and know that your next stay will be much more accessible than this one.

Warmest regards,
Jeremiah Essmyer
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 25, 2014

When we arrived and stepped inside the lobby, it was breathtakingly beautiful. Check-in was a breeze and we were given two warm cookies, which were wonderful. The hotel is also part of the indoor complex housing a mall, paddle boats and restaurants. Although the hotel was undergoing renovations, it did not affect our stay. The hotel was older, but the renovations made to the rooms gave it an updated, modern feel. The bed was super comfortable and the room was clean. There is a nice cafe off of the lobby that serves coffee and pastries for those in a hurry in the morning. The hotel is a little bit of a walk from the main attractions downtown, but walkable in the daytime if you enjoy a longer walk. It is also close to a metro station as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting St. Louis.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sayitloudnow
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Front lobby is beautiful, but it goes downhill from there. My room was dark, dingy and smelled of mildew. Hallway was long and also very dark. Floor seemed abandoned. I did not feel safe. When I went back to the front desk my room was changed to a different, updated room.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review--I'm so sorry that your first room was not to your satisfaction and that your first impressions of the old guest-floor negatively impacted the remainder of your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed the newly remodeled rooms--we have heard great things about them! Out of 537 guestrooms we have only 50 older rooms left to use and these will no longer be available by August 15th of this year! I hope you will return to us now knowing about our bright future and great staff.

Warmest regards,
Jeremiah Essmyer
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 25, 2014

First time to stay here while in St Louis to see some Cardinal games. Had interaction with staff from lobby staff, desk, security, housekeeping, food service, and parking. Everyone was very friendly and very accomodating, best overall staff we have had since on a cruise. Entire hotel was clean and well kept even though it is a huge, renovated train station. Room was very clean and we inspected it closely. Comfortable, quite, clean - the three must-haves were all there. Menu in the hotel restaurant was good and prices about right. Staff, again, were great. Also a food court of usual burgers, sandwiches, "mall foods" that is convenient for meals on the run to and from the ballgames is right outside the hotel doors. Park yourself on arrival and use the MetroLink and forget the traffic. A MetroLink station is right on the premises so you can take the train and get off at the zoo, airport, stadiums, civic center, etc. With the shopping in the Union Station stores alongside the hotel, you may not need to go anywhere else except the entertainment venues. Surprised that the room rate was better than almost all the downtown hotels. Will come back here for certain. Only downside is paying for internet service and TV channels very limited. Overall I would rate this a 4 to 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: No rooms close to the lobby and restaurant due to the hotel being a former train station. No big de...
1  Thank Nat1950
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My son and I flew in to the airport and took the train directly to the hotel - it is 1 block from the Union Station stop. The hotel is built inside the historical Union Train Station - the same one where Harry Truman held up the "Dewey Defeats Truman" newspaper cover in November 1947. Everything you want to see downtown is less than 10 blocks away. Ryan, the doorman/Concierge was excellent, as was James at the front desk. We look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Beautiful facility in downtown St. Louis. Used to live in STL for 18 years before moving to Colorado. I had never stayed at Union Station until this weekend. Naturally, we partied pretty late since it was a wedding. Upon retiring for the evening, I stopped by the front desk and requested a wake up call for 6:00am... I did not receive a call. Instead, I received a bang on the door at 6:20am. I could have used those extra 20 minutes, because I missed my flight. It's not solely on the hotel, but 20 minutes late is a little excessive. Not sure I'll be in a hurry to stay here again for anything other than a special occasion.