“Union Station DoubleTree”

Ranked #23 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Whiteman AFB, United States
“Union Station DoubleTree”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed at this hotel due to a state gymnastics meet. When I tried to check in, I spelled my surname 3 times for the clerk, who told me I had no reservation and sent me to the Drury Inn at Union Station. My 2 children and I trekked 1/4 mile carrying our luggage and were told we had no reservation there. We went back to the DoubleTree and were finally checked in with apologies for misspelling our surname, a free drink from the bar, and a room with a view of the fountain. The windows were cloudy with an aged film and the fountain was under construction. So much for an apology and making amends. Later, I requested a toothbrush because I had forgotten mine and was told one would be sent to our room immediately. Thirty minutes later, I still had no toothbrush and had to call a second time. The toothbrush finally arrived, again with apologies. The room was nice, but I've stayed in comparable rooms for 1/3 the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your review; please let me apologize for such a simple mistake that created a very negative experience. I'll address this experience with my desk team--sending someone to another hotel is a LAST resort--very embarrassing. We have 65 original guestrooms in the historic side of the building and there "WERE" 14 that the seals broke between the double-pained glass creating that "foggy" window you described. I'm happy to report that the last ones are being repaired as you read this. (But I do see how this didn't help our case with your visit). I clearly recall this weekend (with our gymnastic meet) and I do recall rates were higher than normal due to the sold-out status of the whole city. Please know that rates do fluctuate depending on availability and demand.

Warmest regards,
Jeremiah Essmyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Kansas Citry, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed for spring break and had a very nice staff. Beautiful hotel and the staff was great. Downtown St. Louis may not be ideal for family vacations, but the location is so pretty that it's hard to pass up.

Murray, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

All i can say is WOW, what a hotel ! It can be quite a long walk to your room which we were not prepared for after the 2 mile walk to the Arch and back. The food at the Station Grill is just amazing, the breakfast buffet was wonderful. The burger and cold beer at the bar was fantastic. The staff are great, helpful and very friendly, and if you get a chance to meet doorman Gerry, tell him Tony from Iowa said hello :) Connected to the hotel are Landrys seafood and the Hard Rock Cafe, Landry's is amazing ! And the mall at the hotel offers some great tourist shopping, it's such a fun place. Be sure to explore all of the hotel, you will be amazed at the things you find !

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Nicole & Tony!!

I love your review because you saw past the work we're doing and just enjoyed what we are! This historic train station's beauty can truly catch you in the first moments of entering our lobby and if you let them, the staff will delight you throughout your stay. We want to create happy, memorable experiences as much as our guests hope for them. Join us after May and you will be BLOWN away with the renovation!

Warmest Regards,

P.S. Gerry says "Hello"!
rock falls, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Need indoor pool and whirpool(adults only in whirlpool). All of the valets and the ladies at the desk were very friendly. Hotel overall was very clean. Close to Scott Trade Center. Safe area to walk to Blues game. I will stay there again for sure!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Houston, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The front desk staff were not helpful at all. It seemed they were glued to the desk & could not help us navigate around all of the construction. They just pointed where to go. It was very confusing and took over an hour to get in our room & get situated. I'm a Hilton Honors member & had to ask for cookies. It's a small thing, but the front desk staff customer service was unimpressive. The most helpful (and friendly) person was the doorman.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your review and for being a Hilton Honors member. I am so terribly sorry for the interactions you had at the desk. I will be sharing your feedback with them right away. We cannot control that our property is being renovated and we can't help that parts of the property are still worn (not yet made new), but we can control the way we interact with our customers and this is our #1 focus here at the Station--our service. If you care to, please contact me so that I may invite you back for the proper Hilton experience you expected.

Warmest regards,
Assistant General Manager
st. louis, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Booked a room for two, to take my fiancé on a nice date although it was my drill weekend with the United States Coast Guard.. The room was different as it was a Handicapp room. Room 2002. I was ok with this as they said they could move us later WHEN something became available. While there the shower head broke, not a huge deal they came and fixed it.. I understand that there was a lot going on as far as events throughout the city that weekend. I'm usually very hard to please, but for the price I wasn't completely happy for what I paid. two nights 325.00.. Having to stay in a handicap room with no upgrades, and shower breaking, I felt a little ripped..

st louis, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

From the moment we walked in, the Asst Mgr -Essmeyer welcomed us and told about all the remodeling..impressive...Front Desk helped with an upgrade....Valet was very courteous and helped with Bags..I can't wait until we vist next year to see the grand room totally re-done, the pictures look amazing...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple