“Historic Train Station, Modern Hotel”

St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #22 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Our family of four stayed here while moving a son into Saint Louis University, two miles west. We also are train enthusiasts, so to have one of the largest, train stations ever built just outside our doors was fascinating. Although the trains no longer come here, the former station and original hotel have been transformed into the lobby, dining room and common areas of the hotel. The rooms are modern and very comfortable. Security is excellent. The local Metro stops nearby and we rode it easily to take in a St. Louis Cardinals game at Busch Stadium. Food is served inside one of the original Harvey House restaurants and the morning buffet was fabulous.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,269)

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The service at this hotel was excellent. Everyone I met was courteous and firendly. The wifi was terrible and I couldn't use it at all in my room without getting dropped. The housekeeping was substandard. They were undergoing renovations so I expect that will help with the poor wifi, but they really need to work on their standards of housekeeping. There was trash on my bathroom floor that after one full day I finally picked up. They pulled my shower curtain down off a couple of rungs on one visit and I had to wipe shavign cream off the back of the sink.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our property and for your patience with our internet. YOU ARE CORRECT; Charter high-speed internet will be installed as part of this summer's renovation providing our guests with new speeds 5x faster and stronger!!! Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and their passion for service. I'll be sharing your feedback with our Housekeeping team. Without knowing your specific room I'll address the entire department, but I imagine it is just one Attendant that needs to be reminded we're a 4-Diamond property. If ever I can help to make your next stay perfect please contact me.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Hotel under renovation. Okay, but would have been nice to know when making reservatons. Staff very friendly. Room - disappointed and not worth expense. Very low water pressure in shower, loud fan w/ manual temp control w/o auto mode . Stingy on amenities, i.e. water glasses. Early am disturbance in hall w/ broken beer bottles still present in morning (but promply attended to by mgmt once I informed them) Just didn't feel we received the value paid for.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback--I am terribly sorry that your experience was so far below our standard of excellence. Hilton only asks for renovation announcements be made if our pool or restaurant is under renovation. I will send your suggestion to our brand manager for consideration. We do make calls to all our guests who have valid phone numbers on file two days prior to their stay to share and discuss their trip so we can make the visit that much better. I know it's too late, but I want you to know that we have 539 rooms and a large engineering team that work tirelessly to keep them up and running. If you had trouble with water, heat, cooling, or noise we could have corrected EVERYTHING for you--or moved you to another part of the hotel. Please be vocal and let us know if we are missing the mark--our staff is trained to make it right for our guests. I hope you'll join us after renovation to enjoy what we are creating!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Room was very quiet which was awesome. Hotel was very secure and safe. No refrigerator and would have liked to have one. Dirty sock left by previous traveler in drawer. Tub/Shower had rust area. Coffee pot did not work at all, but they replaced it on our third day. We expected for $170/night that the room would have been more luxurious....without rust spots, toilet would have been cleaned thoroughly, frig in room, etc.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This beautiful old hotel has so much history. Have a cocktail and people watch, the popcorn with pistachios was addictive!! It's easy to marvel at the amazing architecture, you must read the story and take a stroll through the halls!!!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

carry on with your remodel I saw the anticipatd laser show and am so excited I will have to come back, yes the room are dated, my biggest complaint is the dirty bathtub. I ASKED MY FRIEND IF SHE HAD SHOWERED WHEN SHE SAID no I was grossed OUT, also the toilet paper roll holder must not have been wiped down in ages, kinda built up paper dust.. The facility is beautiful and great location, rode the trolley and metro easily. would come back definetly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Group of sisters having meeting were load and annoying to other guests. They were loud in rooms, in some cased profanity in language when in halls and talking in hall ways to people in rooms. Blocking aisles, and in many cases some of there own group was apologizing to your other guests for foul language. You staff was extremely nice and this is not about them, it is about guests who do not conduct them selves and grown ups.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review and for your patience during your visit. We did receive some feedback such as yours during this group's visit and shared it with their contacts/planners. We will never turn a "blind-eye" to the behavior of our guests and will always work to take action whenever possible. Thank you for understanding and if ever I can assist you in the future, as thanks, please contact me.