“better choices available”

St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #23 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed March 10, 2014

While I was aware this property was under renovation when I booked, that did not sway my decision to stay here. The renovation does not really affect the front desk, or check in process. The rooms and hallway is definitely in need of these renovations. Looked old, tired, worn hard. I was charged more than confirmation email indicated (only by $7ea room, but its the point), for two rooms booked at same time. When I brought it front desks attention, I was met with an attitude, and needed to provide proof. Which I understand, I could've been trying to pull a fast one, but it was her method by which she questioned me. Then never offered an apology, or an "anything else we can do for you?"

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Matthew,

Thank you for writing and reviewing our property. We appreciate your patience with our renovations as well. I wanted to apologize for not ONLY the rate discrepancy for your stay, but also the rigid way your question was fielded. I'll print out your review and speak to the morning staff--we'll practice a bit this week. I always want to know more so I can get to the root of any problem. I'd love to know more about your stay to help me identify what caused the rate discrepancy. You may reach me at jessmyer@stlunionstationhotel.com if you care to. A confirmation number or first/last name and date of stay tells me everything I need to know to properly follow-up on your feedback. Please come see us again this summer when our work is completed--you will be AMAZED at the difference!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I realize the hotel is going through a renovation to the main area however the room needs a massive renovation as well. TV didn't work when I arrive, crumbs on the floor, my room was not cleaned on the second day, only 1 ac outlet available by the door. Very dissapointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeremiah E, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for your review and I certainly apologize for your experience here at the Station. I wanted to let you know that the rooms are our number 1 priority--we began their renovation last November and I am have received my first BRAND NEW guestrooms complete with 42 inch HD LCD screens, brand new HVAC units, and more outlets than you can fill--just try. I certainly apologize our work was not completed yet during your visit but please know we are quickly becoming a property that you will be hard-pressed to find something to be unhappy about. Please come visit us again this summer and enjoy the new Station.

Warmest regards,
Jeremiah Essmyer
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Was not happy with the direction we were given by concierge. Was totally confused after receiving out room key. We decided to save money and park our own vehicle. Parking lot was ridiculously far from hotel and the concierge didn't offer to validate our parking. The parking attendant mentioned to us they should have. Room was nice & clean, but walls were thin as tissue paper. Made a complaint & was told hotel would call me back in 3 days...they did NOT. We will not stay here again. The walk to the front desk was exhausting. Our stay was very inconvenient at this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff is excellent and extremely nice/helpful. The building is old (historic), which influences my impressions of decor and amenities and makes it hard to compare to more modern hotels. It also hurts that the Union Station Mall has seen better days, which limits the entertainment and eating options. There are major renovations going on though, so it will be interesting to see what it all is like when finished...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Check in was great! We were greeted with warm cookie, was asked if we needed anything. Our room was clean, modern, wireless internet available. Bed very comfortable! Staff was accommodating. Valet service was fast when retrieving my car. Definitely would return to hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was our first time staying in St.Louis, everyone was so kind and helpful. Since we are not familar with the area, they were very kind and helpful on directions and other information. We would stay here again if we decide to make another trip. Not only was the hotel great but it is located in Union Station so shopping was great! Location was great also!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2014

DoubleTree at Union Station is a great place to stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the place is clean and welcoming. Also they are in the process of updating the rooms and I had the opportunity to see the new rooms and they look great. I can't wait to go back in July!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business