St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #22 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Beautiful and romantic old train station. Could not ask for a finer Hotel experience. Service and staff friendly and efficient. The best hotel meal that I have ever had. Try their special Manhattan and don't be surprised that the bartended and other staff remembers your name.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Hello there, Leland G and thanks for stopping by to tell others about the experience you had here at the Station! I know Chef will be very happy to read your report of your meal in Station Grille. We are all so proud to make this romantic, old train station our own by providing a special, memorable level of service to our guests. I am pleased that, by your report, we're on the right track. See you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,268)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I love this hotel. The atmosphere, the location, the staff are all great. My lone complaint is that housekeeping failed to service our room while I was there. Not once. Other than that, I love the place.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Greetings from the Station, Bennett M! Thanks for stopping in to provide this feedback regarding your recent visit. While I am very happy that you enjoy our atmosphere and our team of associates, I am disappointed to read of the experience you had with housekeeping failing to service the room during your stay.
Since you love our hotel so much, I want to be sure you'll come back again and again. Please allow me to have an opportunity to get with our Director of Housekeeping to see exactly what went wrong and what we can do to make sure other guests don't have a similar, disappointing experience.
Would you please reach out to me, at your convenience, with your personal details and the dates that you were here. I want to make this right for you and make sure we take very good care of you on your next visit! I can be reached by email (mrankert@stlunionstationhotel.com) and look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards from the Station,
Matthew Rankert
Front Office Manager, St. Louis Union Station Hotel, A DoubleTree by Hilton.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was the conference hotel so my employer booked me here. I would have chosen someplace else, like the nearby Drury's. Kind of convoluted to get in and out, especially if you prefer the stairs like I do. Room service was spotty, no new coffee one day (the front desk did give me a coupon for a coffee at Einsteins).

Ok place if you don't pay too much for it.

Room Tip: Away from the Hard Rock Cafe which blares music until late.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hello massiek and thank you for dropping by TripAdvisor to tell about your recent stay with us. While I would prefer to have read about a more positive experience, I certainly value your feedback. It is our goal to provide a consistently excellent level of service and it appears we may have missed the mark during your visit. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

The Union Station by Doubletree provides a real five star experience. The front desk, the concierge floor staff, the bar
and restaurant personnel, and housekeeping, ALL delivered
superb service. From Kevin the bartender to Aquinta in concierge
services, all details were covered. On the fourth night of my stay,
the front desk called my room for final directions and reminders--
did I need an airport shuttle? Did I need a wake-up call? The only
item missing was a jacuzzi. This property has been an Omni, a Hyatt, and a Marriott. It is achieving its full glory as a Doubletree.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Hello Paul4ejjr! Thank you for your outstanding review of our hotel. It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us here at the Station and we look forward to your next visit! Your review has been shared with the associates you mentioned by name (thank you for taking the time to do that!) I am pleased that they helped to make your stay even better. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and the staff is so very helpful and kind. As a HH member we were treated to free breakfast and appetizer and access to the Concierge lounge. We will definitely return. We arrived on the Amtrak and the only thing I can add is that it would be nice to get free shuttle service to the Amtrak so you don't have to walk while carrying packages or pay $5 for the cab

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Wendy B and thanks for taking the time to write this great review after your visit with us at the Station! As an HHonors member, I am pleased that you felt appreciated and valued while you were here. We strive to create rewarding experiences for all of our guests and with feedback like yours, it seems we are on the right track. A shuttle to Amtrak could actually be a possibility in the future as we are seeing more of our guests arriving in St. Louis by train. Wonderful feedback! Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and for being our guest! See you again soon...

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I got the hotel through Priceline.com. Good central location - safe parking outside. Affordable rates. I would stay there again - Very historic and I would take my family there..Good value for the price.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Hello TripAdvisor Member! Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be a good value and that you enjoyed our location, too. The next time you're in St. Louis, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Station with a warm, chocolate chip cookie with walnuts!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The reservation was wrong and they did not have another room for us. I can understand errors but they made no attempt to help us find other arrangements, The precheck in call I received from them 2 days earlier confirmed two rooms and they only had one available when we got there. I was terribly disappointed in there lack of concern for our inconvenience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
roughneckweekend, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Hello Patty,
Thank you for reviewing our property. Let me first apologize for your arrival experience; it seems my Front Desk remember you and your husband when I shared your story with them, but they could not recall dates/names--just this scenario. I would like to dig deeper into what happened, but I can only do that if you would be willing to share more information with me. I can be reached at jessmyer@stlunionstationhotel.com. My team remembers there only being one guestroom reserved through Expedia and we were completely sold out this evening, unable to just make a 2nd reservation for you without displacing another guest. I would like to verify what dates you were here & the name the reservation(s) were under (or confirmation numbers if you have them) so I can see if there was a 2nd reservation and if so--what happened to it that it could not be found. Please understand that if there was a mistake on our end--I will surely make-it-right and properly apologize. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards,