“Great Hotel in a Classic Location”

St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #21 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Dodgeville
“Great Hotel in a Classic Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

The Union Station by Doubletree provides a real five star experience. The front desk, the concierge floor staff, the bar
and restaurant personnel, and housekeeping, ALL delivered
superb service. From Kevin the bartender to Aquinta in concierge
services, all details were covered. On the fourth night of my stay,
the front desk called my room for final directions and reminders--
did I need an airport shuttle? Did I need a wake-up call? The only
item missing was a jacuzzi. This property has been an Omni, a Hyatt, and a Marriott. It is achieving its full glory as a Doubletree.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Hello Paul4ejjr! Thank you for your outstanding review of our hotel. It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us here at the Station and we look forward to your next visit! Your review has been shared with the associates you mentioned by name (thank you for taking the time to do that!) I am pleased that they helped to make your stay even better. Thank you for being our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
lees summit, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and the staff is so very helpful and kind. As a HH member we were treated to free breakfast and appetizer and access to the Concierge lounge. We will definitely return. We arrived on the Amtrak and the only thing I can add is that it would be nice to get free shuttle service to the Amtrak so you don't have to walk while carrying packages or pay $5 for the cab

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Wendy B and thanks for taking the time to write this great review after your visit with us at the Station! As an HHonors member, I am pleased that you felt appreciated and valued while you were here. We strive to create rewarding experiences for all of our guests and with feedback like yours, it seems we are on the right track. A shuttle to Amtrak could actually be a possibility in the future as we are seeing more of our guests arriving in St. Louis by train. Wonderful feedback! Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and for being our guest! See you again soon...
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I got the hotel through Priceline.com. Good central location - safe parking outside. Affordable rates. I would stay there again - Very historic and I would take my family there..Good value for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Hello TripAdvisor Member! Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be a good value and that you enjoyed our location, too. The next time you're in St. Louis, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Station with a warm, chocolate chip cookie with walnuts!
Sioux City, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

The reservation was wrong and they did not have another room for us. I can understand errors but they made no attempt to help us find other arrangements, The precheck in call I received from them 2 days earlier confirmed two rooms and they only had one available when we got there. I was terribly disappointed in there lack of concern for our inconvenience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

roughneckweekend, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Hello Patty,
Thank you for reviewing our property. Let me first apologize for your arrival experience; it seems my Front Desk remember you and your husband when I shared your story with them, but they could not recall dates/names--just this scenario. I would like to dig deeper into what happened, but I can only do that if you would be willing to share more information with me. I can be reached at jessmyer@stlunionstationhotel.com. My team remembers there only being one guestroom reserved through Expedia and we were completely sold out this evening, unable to just make a 2nd reservation for you without displacing another guest. I would like to verify what dates you were here & the name the reservation(s) were under (or confirmation numbers if you have them) so I can see if there was a 2nd reservation and if so--what happened to it that it could not be found. Please understand that if there was a mistake on our end--I will surely make-it-right and properly apologize. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards,
Jeremiah Essmyer
Assistant General Manager
nashua nh, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Friendly & helpful people, fascinating structure, excellent people and clean room. I highly recommend it and would stay there again. We were in St. Louis for a conference and this was a little further away from conference center but a short ride. The staff - many of whom have been with hotel for decades - were proud of their hotel, friendly and helpful. From the moment we disembarked from the airport van to when we took it again 5 days later, hotel staff were there and welcoming. Main dinning room is lovely and pleasant. No one rushed us. Several gourmet dishes on the menu which had a range of prices. Two bars had TVs and casual dinning menu. Great place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Hello Ann A! It was such a pleasure to have you visit us all the way from New Hampshire; I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm also glad that you found our team of associates to be friendly and helpful. We are extremely proud of the place we work and it's nice that you were able to recognize that. Thank you for being OUR guest. Hope to see you again soon!
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We spent last weekend at this hotel with our daughter, son-in-law and 2 small grandchildren. From the time we arrived, the staff made this stay! The weekend price wasn't bad...the price was valeting our vehicle was pricey...but I've seen worse...it was 24.95 a night. The rooms are average but again, the staff makes up for it. We ate in the restaurant Saturday and Sunday morning and our waitresses were great! The food was good and served at the right temperature.
We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello Sue4605! Thank you for stopping by to leave so many nice words about your experience with us. I am happy that our team of associates made you feel so welcome. We certainly try to leave a memorable impression on our guests and your feedback tells me we are right on track! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
Georgia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We recently spent a week before and after our daughters wedding. We stayed in the Conference Suite, had over 25 guests present one evening for a get together and EVERYONE at the hotel was SUPERB. I wish I could remember all the names of the people that helped us, but from the doormen to the Bellmen, to the Front Desk and restaurant staff, everyone was most accommodating. We had a total of 8 rooms booked and all were comfy. Can't wait to return after renovations are complete

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello mamahill! How nice of you to stop by and leave so many kind words about your visit to the Station! I am so proud to read your review and am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm going to print out your review and share it with our team. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to welcome you back soon!