Great hotel in an awesome old train station. The lobby area is a great place to sit. Unfortunately, we had hoped to stay in a historic hotel/building, but most of the rooms are in buildings that were probably built in the 90's (or so) behind the old station. Most rooms face a courtyard of sorts with some tacky overhang thing, and while comfortable and clean, the rooms are very dated.
Service was so-so; I don't want to be hypercritical, but it was one of those things where the staff was 'fine", but definitely not overreaching to provide service.
The only real issues I had were in the wifi (very poor service/inconsistent) and the showerhead was broken (it hung straight down and wouldn't adjust; I asked the hotel twice during the stay to have someone come up and fix it, but it never happened).
Doubletree cookies are amazing - that's always a plus.
I wouldn't stay here again - but if in town, visit the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The legendary Union Station Hotel in St. Louis, MO, is in the center of St. Louis and within walking distance to Scottrade Center, Peabody Opera House, MetroLink and within minutes from Busch Stadium, Gateway Arch, Edward Jones Dome, America's Convention Center, and City Museum. The hotel is only 20 minutes from Lambert International Airport and has direct MetroLink access to the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Louis Union Station Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Marriott Saint Louis
- Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Hyatt Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Hyatt