“Home away from home”

Ranked #24 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
St Louis, United States
“Home away from home”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

If you're traveling to St Louis you definitely need to check out the DoubleTree at Union Station. It's walking distance to all of the stadiums and the hotel staff are among the nicest I've dealt with. The hotel is gorgeous. Oh and after your nightly run the doormen and valet are waiting there with cold bottles of water for you! Stop by the lobby bar and ask Josh to make you a banana fosters martini!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hello Marty B and thank you for taking a moment to write this terrific review of our hotel! We always love to receive feedback like this and are very pleased that you consider the Station as your "home away from home." We strive to make every guest feel at home during their time with us and feedback like yours tells us we are on track! See you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Atwater, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel is a little hard to review as the lodging is located in the old Union Station building. The hotel is magnificent in design and is also attached to an enclosed shopping mall. It appears to be still under improvement but seemed to lack very many people around. It has great potential and if more stores come to the mall it will be even better, but there is more work to be done to make this the "place to come". The accommodations were good though and other than a lack of happy servers at the hotel restaurant for breakfast my stay was good. Josh the bartender and the hostess' in the lobby bar were the best! Very down home and friendly. I would probably stay here again though as it provide more than many of the other hotels around.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Greetings from the Station, Donald B! Thank you for taking a moment to tell others about your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and our Grand Hall Bar. One of our goals is to be a Four Diamond hotel that offers Five Star service. Your comment that we offer more than other hotels in the area tells me that we are on the right track toward meeting that goal! We hope to welcome you again soon!
Poplar Bluff, MO
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The hotel is easy to get around in by way of conference accommodations. The room was nice, very spacious. Nice to have the coffee shop close to conference. Hotel restaurant was great. We had breakfast there each morning! Deb was our waitress - quite gracious - we enjoyed a lovely breakfast! Had a wonderful dinner our first night! Great selection of Italian - toasted ravioli was wonderful! Valet gentlemen also great!

• Stayed November 2013
Hello missour-gal-1 and thank you for writing such a great review of our hotel! I am pleased that you enjoyed the accommodations and breakfast in the Station Grille. I will make sure Deb sees your wonderful compliment on her service. I am sure it will make her day! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Station soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 15, 2013

From check-In to check-out, the stay was very nice, the hotel beautiful, the staff helpful, a historic delight in the old Union Station, plus the valet parking was a plus! We all like the cookies too!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Greetings from the Station, TripAdvisor Member! Thanks for stopping by to tell others about your experience on your recent visit. I am happy that you enjoyed our historic hotel and we all look forward to seeing you again soon. Those famous DoubleTree Cookies will be waiting!
Coffeyville, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Everyone there was very friendly and made me feel like I was the only person there. I was not liking the idea of valet parking initially, but the extremely pleasant people who where taking my car put me right at ease!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Greetings from the Station, Christina B! Thank you for your nice review of your stay with us. It is one of our goals to CARE (Create A Rewarding Experience) about our guests and comments like yours tell me we are on the right track! Thank you for being our guest.
MN
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at another hotel in St Louis and were totally disappointed with the breakfast served there. We decided to take a walk to this beautiful station - it was wonderful! Loved the windows, ceilings and general ambience. Our breakfast was very, very good - the wait staff was outstanding. Next time I am in St Louis, I will certainly plan to stay at Union Station!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hello MizL! I am so happy that you decided to drop in for breakfast in the Station Grille during your stay in St. Louis. I hope that you will, in fact, make the Station your new hotel here. We can't wait to welcome you!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Although the staff was friendly, the website for booking did not provide what we were looking for for our 20th anniversary. Sports event tickets were supposed to be part of the package. Room was cold even with thermostat set on high heat. Generic white comforter on bed made it look like no comforter at all. Only one robe provided. Doorman actually asked for room number to "leave something" for our anniversary as we were leaving for the sports event that we ended up paying extra for. Would not recommend staying here to anyone. P.S. Cookies provided as a treat were hard as hockey pucks. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Steve S! I am extremely disappointed that we failed to provide the service and amenities you were counting on during your stay with us. I would like to investigate and see what I can do to make it right for you. While I cannot erase the letdown you felt on your anniversary, I can certainly try to make it up to you with a future stay, as my guest, with some extra special touches. Please reach out to me by email at your convenience at mrankert@stlunionstationhotel.com with your contact details as well as the date(s) of your stay.

Warm regards from the Station,