“Wonderful destination experience”

Ranked #21 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Middle Village, New York, United States
“Wonderful destination experience”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were in St. Louis for two days with another couple. We decided to stay at the Union Station rather than an ordinary hotel and we were glad that we did. The Valet service is well worth the $24. per day. The main building is beautiful and wonderful to just sit and relax in between other activities. Because there is free access for "visitors", the hotel rooms are secured by iron gates that you have to pass through using your room card. The rooms were lovely. I had a problem with WIFI, but they had someone come to the room within 10 mins to help out. With the exception of a couple of front desk people (polite but not astute) the rest of the staff could not have been more professional. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the beautiful dining room. Attached to the hotel is a nice "mall" with places to shop and eat. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hello June M! Thank you for giving us a chance and following it with a fabulous review! We take great pride in providing the best service possible to exceed your expectations as our guest. I am happy that you enjoyed relaxing in the Grand Hall and we do appreciate your recommendation. We hope to see you the next time your destination is St. Louis!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Newburgh, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

All the staff and facilities were great. The History of the Train Station was brought out even on the room key cards. There was a small problem with the fire alarm but that was not the problem of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Michael H! Greetings from the Station and thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. I love that you noticed the rich details of our key cards. We are proud of our building's past and are extremely excited about what's to come. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here for almost two weeks. Every other day was disrupted with false fire alarms blaring. When I checked into the room, the tv would not work. I called the front desk, which recommended I attempt to get behind the 1000 lb tv console and attempt to plug it in. I was finally able to make it happen. The first night was pretty miserable, after flying all day and fighting to watch a little tv, the room was very hot. By the end of the second night, I couldn't stand it and called the front desk. They sent a maintenance guy up who was able to open a valve and finally get me some cold air. By the fourth day, I had to get some laundry done...the only option available at the hotel is valet laundry service...a pair of jeans, a button-up shirt, and a work-out outfit cost $42+. I thought that was pretty outrageous. I could save money by throwing my gym clothes away and buying new...that's what I did, for two reasons: 1) it was cheaper. 2) after multiple attempts with the cleaning lady and front desk, I was never able to get the laundry bag and form replaced. However, the front desk did recommend I walk to a coin-operated facility...ummm, no thanks. The fridge in the room seemed to be an after-thought due to its weird placement right next to the door. It worked, but just failed to give the room the clean orderly appearance one would expect. The staff was very friendly and polite. I would recommend self-park due to the cost savings, but more so because I called for my vehicle, went down to the entrance, and stood for 20 minutes for my car to finally show up...that's nearly 30 minutes to retrieve your vehicle. The staff apologized, but gave me an ugly look for not tipping...really? 30 minutes for my car...it takes the assembly line less time to make a car! I love the facility, because they've done great things with the station...beautiful detailing. After spending nearly $1500.00 at the hotel, I would have expected a little better.

• Stayed September 2013
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

First, the location is fantastic if you are looking to go to a game or take in the sites. Second, if you like grand architecture this hotel won't disappoint. The exterior has that old world feel you expect from an old European facility. You can tell they spent a fortune remodeling. The people are this hotel's biggest asset. The staff was fantastic and more than willing to help at every turn. The Doormen and Valets had excellent suggestions on dining and sites to visit complete with directions. We really appreciated the great service.

The restaurant was well above the average for a hotel as well. There is a nice little "mall" are on the first level that is a great little distraction. I left a tip for the cleaning crew and they would not take it until I left a note that the cash was meant for them.

Room Tip: The new side of the hotel is a good walk but if you don't mind the rooms are nice. End suites wi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm a Hilton Honors member and I usually stay at one of the St. Louis downtown Hiltons. Because of the Card's game (Oct 3 and 4) I had to stay at the Union Station Double Tree. Wow, was I ever impressed! It's as nice as any Hilton I've stayed at. The host in the concierge - "Q" - was outstanding! She made my day. The hotel front desk staff, bell staff, housekeeping - everyone - was outstanding. It's my new go-to hotel in St. Louis.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The staff are super friendly and accommodating. One of the best workout facilities I have ever been in. They had cold towels and bottle water available. The ambiance of the hotel is stunning especially in the great room. The rooms were nice and bathrooms were updated.

Pearland, Texas
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a wonderful hotel experience in St Louis, this is NOT the place!! In 25 years of travel I have never experienced such an arrogance by an entire front desk and management! I love the old train station, but I'll never stay here again. Old rooms, restricted hours of food service, poor security and a lack of respect for Hilton Honor members. If you see Jenna at the front desk, turn around and have a drink, you'll need it! Stay at the Westin, great property and wonderful service (sold out for my last minute trip.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
roughneckweekend, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 6, 2013

I am very sorry that your experience wasn't top-notch; I'm befuddled with your comments about an excellent Associate and will sit down with the team to discuss the experience you had. Like most hotel restaurants the Station Grille is closed from 2pm to 5pm between lunch and dinner. Reviewing your folio it appears you arrived during this time and I apologize that In-Room Dining and the Union Station Restaurants that are still serving didn't satisfy your needs. I would like to meet you in person your next trip to St. Louis; I'm happy to visit you there at the Westin. I'd like to try and understand how the team was arrogant towards you; I suppose I just don't see it, but I want to try and understand your perspective.

Warmest regards,