“Great location, Beautiful Hotel”

St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #23 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I plus another couple stayed there last weekend. This hotel had great service starting from the valet( when you check out the put 2 bottles of water in the car for you).
Check- in was smooth and the give you a flyer on everything happening in St.Louis for the weekend. The room was decent and clean certainly room for 4 people and 2 queen size beds, the location was perfect within walking distance of most of downtown spots.
Sybergs great place for wings a block away and to watch games plus you can take a shuttle for $2
To the stadiums and bring a beer on them.
Great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The front desk staff acted more like a prison guard than a customer service rep. You are here, this is your room and thats all you get. No bar to speak of and the breakfast/restaurant was not open early enough to eat before work. The rooms are lackluster at best and many are old and stinky. This is a real shame considering that it is a beautiful old Station. Hilton replace your managerial staff and revamp your rooms and you could have a real gem.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank dad113056
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just got back from several nights at the Union Station Doubletree in St. Louis.The hotel is tucked away in the Historic Union Station,and after you find your way around the place[a map might help!] it isn't too bad a place although I doubt the 4 star rating. BUT< it is another one of the hotels in Union Station area that lists itself as "downtown" IT IS NOT! As some one who has spent 50 years in and around St Louis,I think we know where downtown is.It is not more than a mile up Market street! Even the city map lists this area as "downtown west"For hotel designations these hotels should be labeled differently. When you book a hotel by Priceline,or Etc. and expect to find your hotel downtown-surprise!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomkat33388
Reviewed October 2, 2013

To start my check in experience was awful, I called to attach my hhonors number to my client provided res and was told I was reserved in a "deluxe king". When I arrived the young lady with a bad attitude at the front desk told me that only 2 queen rooms were available. I asked for the MOD and enquirer as to why I was lied to and suddenly a king room was found. I went to said king to find that the second floor was a very scary place indeed! The hallway is filthy and my assigned room was very dank and abloom with mold and mildew. I returned the the front desk and was promptly assigned another room that was amazingly a king, yes I know they were out of kings! New room on 4 much cleaner and better smelling but the shower curtain was covered in brown crud. Stopped by front desk on my way to dinner (Irish place next door , awful) and asked attitude girl to have a new shower curtain liner sent up. 2 hours later no curtain, back to the desk to tell them I really wasn't kidding about the shower curtain. Finally get a clean liner but it's the wrong size it hangs to just above the tub rim. I resign myself to wet floors. Surprisingly the MOD calls to see if I was happy, I tell him of the short curtain and was assured that it would be rectified in the AM. Next day no change. So apparently there is as little management follow up as there is housekeeping, maintenance and good staff attitude. This place only reinforces the dread I feel when I see a hilton property in my itinerary. If you enjoy a clean hotel with good service avoid this place!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
roughneckweekend, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Just reading the other posts it's evident your experience was not the 4-Diamond experience typically received and I'm very sorry for that. In case the explanation for your room type wasn't clear or you feel lied to I'd like to address this. Often guests arrive before every room is cleaned--when this happens we explain and share the room-types we DO have available in the event you would prefer to change room-types rather than wait. I think the words "available" and "ready" may have been used incorrectly creating this negative first experience. I do wish I had your 2nd floor room number so I may investigate further. We just wouldn't knowingly sell such a poor room and I need to dig more into this. I think what was hardest to read was the lack of action you saw from your Front Desk shower curtain request. I'll review the information flow process from the Front Desk to our Care Center looking for a break -- I thank you for your feedback and commenting on the title of your post. November we begin renovating guest rooms.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Not every stay at a hotel goes perfect...it is the hotels response to those problems that puts them in a special category of top performing hotels. This hotel is one of those special top performers.

Our stay in the delightfully preserved union station was for a Friday and saturday nights. Union station is a place that ALL St. Louisans should be proud of. Oozing with character and history. The integration of a hotel into a shopping mall can be tricky but that have managed to make it work.

Once in our room late on Friday night we realized there was a problem with the drapes, and the light outside our windows was allowed in preventing us from restful sleep. Once we contacted the front desk as VERY nice and attentive manager of house keeping appear quickly to address our concerns. She promptly scheduled staff to come in an mount new drapes to fix the problem.

We then made plans to enjoy the hotels highly reviewed brunch. Through a miscommunication we were told it was available until 2PM. We then asked for a late check out and slept in a bit. After waking we flushed to toilet only to have it overflow completely into the bathroom. Again a call to house keeping and they IMMEDIATELY showed up to solve the problem (the guest before us had flushed a hair brush down the toilet we were told).

While they worked to solve that problem we went to meet with some friends for the Sunday brunch. However, when we showed up, we were the only people in the hotel restaurant. We asked about the brunch we were told that it stopped serving at 11AM. When we shared with them what we were told by the front desk the manager (who was familiar with ALL that had happened to us to that point) asked for the kitchen to serve the breakfast menu to accommodate us and comp'd the bill for us. Not prepared for breakfast there was some delay for the kitchen to switch over, and our server (Arnes) snapped into action. He took our two children and the two children from our friends that were dining with us (4 children ranging in ages from 6 to 10) all on a hotel arranged scavenger hunt that rewarded them with little hotel souvenirs. This was above and beyond. The meal was excellently prepare and seasoned for my food and everyone else agreed.

This could have been a terrible stay due the problems, but good well trained people with the authority to make decisions to resolve problems in an obviously well managed facility made it work out great.

A great experience. We will be back, we will recommend to our friends and colleagues that visit to stay there as well.

Thank you for being great.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear djseyer,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a candid review of your stay with us. In spite of our best efforts to strive for the perfect experience for every guest, there are times when things can go unplanned. We empower our team members to solve problems and, most importantly, make it right.
I have made sure to share your comments about Arnes with Station Grille management.
Hope you'll stop by again sometime and see all the changes we're making!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Check-in was pleasant and the dining experience was good. The logistics were somewhat awkward with a gate for entry to the rooms. The meeting facility was well done but the service was a little slow. Being to get from and to the airport to the hotel in < 30 min and walking through the terminal to the train and from the train across a parking lot to the hotel is almost unheard of in a major city.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Thank L. P. S

Hello L P S, Thank you for being our guest here at the Station! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience how easy it is to get to and from the airport on Metro.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We did not stay at the hotel but rather walked around this magnificent property. There is an on site museum detailing the station's history. The stained glass , ornamental alcoves, and entire interior is not to be missed.

• Stayed: September 2013
Matthew R, Front Office Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Hello MIAMISHEILA! Thank you for stopping by to visit. Please come stay with us the next time you're in St. Louis. We look forward to seeing you soon!