A+ is the only grade I can give for the hospitality that the entire staff demonstrated to us throughout our visit to St. Louis. (I am a high school English teacher so I give very few A+ unless something is absolutely excellent!!) We three women from Wisconsin and Nebraska were taking our 89-year-old aunt on a roundtrip Amtrak trip from Kansas City to St. Louis on July 8 and 9 and staying overnight at the Union Station Hotel. Our aunt uses a collapsible wheelchair because she is not able to walk distances.
When we arrived in St. Louis, the hotel provided us with a shuttle from the Amtrak station and that was just the beginning of the marvelous service that the valets provided—every single one. All were so friendly and helpful. The desk asked if we wanted a handicapped room, which we took. When we needed a taxi that could accommodate our aunt’s collapsible wheelchair, once again we were told the valets were the experts and they were. We met a Metropolitan cab driver, Adrian Neal in #227, who became “our” driver for the rest of our stay. The staff in the Union Grill—the hostess, manager, and waitress—made our breakfast a delightful way to start the day. And a special thanks to James, who was a font of information about the historical background of the hotel and just so friendly.
A vacation does not just consist of the sights in a city but the people in the city who make one feel welcome. Your hotel is indeed fortunate to have such a welcoming staff, which made our visit such a delight. Without reservation I would recommend your hotel to anyone visiting St. Louis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The legendary Union Station Hotel in St. Louis, MO, is in the center of St. Louis and within walking distance to Scottrade Center, Peabody Opera House, MetroLink and within minutes from Busch Stadium, Gateway Arch, Edward Jones Dome, America's Convention Center, and City Museum. The hotel is only 20 minutes from Lambert International Airport and has direct MetroLink access to the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your St. Louis Union Station - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Louis Union Station Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Marriott Saint Louis
- Marriott Hotel Saint Louis
- Hyatt Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Hyatt