St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Westin St. Louis(Saint Louis)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
3,398 results
All reviewslight showgrand hallmain halllaser showhard rockbeautiful hotellandry's seafooddouble treethe executive loungevalet parkingbeautiful lobbywarm cookiesself parkscottrade centerlobby areavalet servicefitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel is nice however if I had paid a 4 star price I would have been disappointed. The staff was friendly the room was clean. I did love the history of the train station. The restaurant was super expensive so I would recommend eating at another place. The mall seems to be just about out of business, most of the stores are closed and it has a empty feeling. My room had no view other than a piece of plastic outside the window for a remodel. The place is nice but not on par to be a 4 star.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
STLUSDoubleTree, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your recent review and let me start by apologizing for the renovation plastic. Making improvements to any property is one of the least fun activities, but staying focused on the “end-goal” is what makes it all worth it! You should come back after our remodel and share your feelings about all the upgrades to the property. Our 5-Star service the staff provides will finally have the product they deserve, a product that compliments their daily efforts to create a home away from home for all our travelers.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is not worth the price!!! The bathroom toilet overflowed and we had to clean it up ourselves. There were no luggage carts available to hotel guests without being escorted by a bellman. Getting to our room consisted of lots of walking down narrow, musty smelling hallways and it was extremely hard to regulate room temperature

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The rooms are nice, the staff are friendly, the location is good, and they give you a cookie when you check in. What's not to love? My friend and I had breakfast two mornings at the buffet, and were served by Julie each time. She was great and very helpful! Brought us to go cups and even labeled the lids.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
STLUSDoubleTree, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! It's great to read you found our hotel to be a nice place with friendly staff and great location. Plus, who doesn't like cookies!? Julie is a great employee and I will pass on your kind words. Again, thank you for the review and we hope to welcome you back to St. Louis soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great place to stay and enjoy Union Station! The view outside the was breath taking with water fountain and the Historic buildings surrounding the DT. I and my guest/friends would stay there again. The trouble with surveys sometime are really more trouble than they are worth!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the 5 star review of our hotel! We are thrilled to read you enjoyed the room and the fantastic view of Aloe Plaza and its fountain. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to St. Louis!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I attended a wedding in St. Louis in Forest Park - the ceremony was at the Jewel Box - on June 7, 2013 and the guests all stayed at Union Station Hotel. If you are planning a trip in the very near future, please be advised that the hotel is undergoing renovations and there is evidence of this. The view outside my room was of plastic sheeting from the construction. I heard no noise and there was no confusion, chaos or ruckus caused by this renovation, but you should be aware of it. Official check-in time is 3PM and I did arrive early. The other couple attending the wedding with whom I was traveling were fortunate to have their room ready upon early arrival. I was not so lucky and had to wait about two hours. Brian took my cell phone number but never called. I was forced to check with the desk over the course of two hours, and the third time I checked was the charm. Even though official check-in time is 3PM, I felt that Brian could have called after the first hour to tell me the room was not yet ready so I could be kept apprised of the situation. I also felt that he should have offered something - a cup of coffee - something while I wandered around for the two hours. I had flown in from NY and was understandably looking forward to getting to my room to relax and freshen up. I was confused by the treatment I received because I was told by another guest who also attended the wedding that when she checked in, she was holding her head and the young man who checked her in asked if she was okay. She responded that she thought she might be getting a cold. As she was unpacking, there was a knock at the door and the young man had arranged to send up to her room some hot tomato soup and some crackers with a note that said he hoped she would feel better. Apparently, it matters WHO you get at the front desk.
My room had two queen beds and the bed was very comfortable. I found the room to be clean.
The staff - other than the young man I had at the front desk, is very, very accomodating, kind, considerate and friendly. The morning after the wedding, the bride's family provided a beautiful breakfast for all the guests. The staff was again so kind. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and the breakfast itself was lovely - a huge platter of sweet cantaloupe and blackberries and another huge platter of honeydew and blueberries in addition to a lovely platter of walnuts, almonds, dried cranberries and raisins. So - if you wanted to eat healthily, there was an option in addition to the requisite strips of bacon, scrambled eggs and Danish.
It is worth visting the hotel just to see the lobby which is very interesting as it was a former train station. There is a food court below but skip it - it was pretty pitiful. I wish I had gotten the chance to see St. Louis, but the Jewel Box was lovely and Forest Park, which is larger than Central Park, is definitely worth seeing.

Room Tip: Ask about the renovations before you book a room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
STLUSDoubleTree, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the St. Louis Union Station Hotel. My sincere apology for the frustrations that you experienced during check in; the hotel staff works hard every day to ensure a pleasant experience, unfortunately we failed during your arrival. I am happy to read your encounters with the other staff were very accomodating and the breakfast buffet selections were fresh and healthy. I thank you for the comments about our hotel and staff. We hope to welcome you again!