St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #21 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Central City
“Pleasent Stay”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great place to stay and enjoy Union Station! The view outside the was breath taking with water fountain and the Historic buildings surrounding the DT. I and my guest/friends would stay there again. The trouble with surveys sometime are really more trouble than they are worth!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

STLUSDoubleTree, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for the 5 star review of our hotel! We are thrilled to read you enjoyed the room and the fantastic view of Aloe Plaza and its fountain. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to St. Louis!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
New York
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I attended a wedding in St. Louis in Forest Park - the ceremony was at the Jewel Box - on June 7, 2013 and the guests all stayed at Union Station Hotel. If you are planning a trip in the very near future, please be advised that the hotel is undergoing renovations and there is evidence of this. The view outside my room was of plastic sheeting from the construction. I heard no noise and there was no confusion, chaos or ruckus caused by this renovation, but you should be aware of it. Official check-in time is 3PM and I did arrive early. The other couple attending the wedding with whom I was traveling were fortunate to have their room ready upon early arrival. I was not so lucky and had to wait about two hours. Brian took my cell phone number but never called. I was forced to check with the desk over the course of two hours, and the third time I checked was the charm. Even though official check-in time is 3PM, I felt that Brian could have called after the first hour to tell me the room was not yet ready so I could be kept apprised of the situation. I also felt that he should have offered something - a cup of coffee - something while I wandered around for the two hours. I had flown in from NY and was understandably looking forward to getting to my room to relax and freshen up. I was confused by the treatment I received because I was told by another guest who also attended the wedding that when she checked in, she was holding her head and the young man who checked her in asked if she was okay. She responded that she thought she might be getting a cold. As she was unpacking, there was a knock at the door and the young man had arranged to send up to her room some hot tomato soup and some crackers with a note that said he hoped she would feel better. Apparently, it matters WHO you get at the front desk.
My room had two queen beds and the bed was very comfortable. I found the room to be clean.
The staff - other than the young man I had at the front desk, is very, very accomodating, kind, considerate and friendly. The morning after the wedding, the bride's family provided a beautiful breakfast for all the guests. The staff was again so kind. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and the breakfast itself was lovely - a huge platter of sweet cantaloupe and blackberries and another huge platter of honeydew and blueberries in addition to a lovely platter of walnuts, almonds, dried cranberries and raisins. So - if you wanted to eat healthily, there was an option in addition to the requisite strips of bacon, scrambled eggs and Danish.
It is worth visting the hotel just to see the lobby which is very interesting as it was a former train station. There is a food court below but skip it - it was pretty pitiful. I wish I had gotten the chance to see St. Louis, but the Jewel Box was lovely and Forest Park, which is larger than Central Park, is definitely worth seeing.

Room Tip: Ask about the renovations before you book a room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
STLUSDoubleTree, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the St. Louis Union Station Hotel. My sincere apology for the frustrations that you experienced during check in; the hotel staff works hard every day to ensure a pleasant experience, unfortunately we failed during your arrival. I am happy to read your encounters with the other staff were very accomodating and the breakfast buffet selections were fresh and healthy. I thank you for the comments about our hotel and staff. We hope to welcome you again!
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend (6/8/13) and we thought the hotel was amazing! From the architecture to the professionalism and friendliness of the staff to the quality of the room. Even though our room was in the older part of the hotel and may be considered 'small' by the standards of the suburbanites, it was still one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in. Okay, everything wasn't awesome, there was a major incident in a room near ours between 1am & 2am. (I do believe it ended up involving the police). Anyway, I called the front desk around 1:15am to make a noise complaint. The next morning I was going to complain further at check out except I learned that management had already comped our room for the night and the front desk clerk (awesome Jenna) was proactively apologetic. Kudos to the staff for making things right without even having to be asked. We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share of your experience at the Union Station Hotel. My apology for the noise early in the early morning, but am glad to read of the teams' swift action to remedy the situation. We can't wait to welcome you back again!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 10, 2013

While guests that self-park have to walk through the fairly empty Union Station mall, the wow factor alone when coming up the stairs into the Grand Hall is worth the walk! The soaring barrel ceiling has been restored; modern hotels simply cannot compete.
All staff is exceptionally friendly; one off duty employee inquired if we needed anything and the front desk staff is superb. During the night there were some exceptionally rude and noisy guests that the staff dealt with quickly as they could. We had called to ask that the security investigate the noise level and upon check out found that our room had been comped for our inconvenience. Additionally, they gave us extra cookies!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the Executive side...it is in the older part of the hotel but nicer. The newer side...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. The Grand Hall really is a St. Louis gem! It has been restored to its glory of 1894. Our staff really care about each guest and work hard to ensure a perfect stay. I am sorry to read about the noise, but am so happy they handled it quickly and professional. Again, thank you for the review and we hope to welcome you again with more cookies!
Davenport, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We are used to staying at Embassy Suites and being offered a great breakfast, not the case here. Offered no breakfast and could not find an employee to PURCHASE breakfast. Hallways are very long and not well-lit. From the front desk to our room was like a marathon, carrying lots of bags no less. Room smelled musty. Linens were excellent. T.V. had snowy picture my husband had to fix. Couldn't access internet even after calling desk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Terry C
STLUSDoubleTree, General Manager at St. Louis Union Station Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Unlike an Embassy Suites we have a stand-alone restaurant that serves Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. It is also not required to pre-purchase vouchers for breakfast. Just see the Hostess and you’ll be seated to dine. Knowing the size of our property we staff plenty of Associates to assist you to your room. Allowing the Valet to handle your car and the Bellman to carry your bags is part of the 4-star experience at our property. Turning these services away may certainly affect your experience. I would like to know your room number so that I may personally inspect your room and the hallway leading to it. Although you enjoyed our linens, I’m disappointed that the TV/Internet was inspected prior. We will make this a focus this week with the staff.

Warmest regards,
Jeremiah Essmyer
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This place was simply amazing. The hotel and grounds were beautiful. The hotel is inside of union station and has beenupdated but still has the original charm and custom look. There is so much to do with in the hotel from fine dining to shopping and beautiful rooms with night ceilings and not mention the view and the staff were all so kind. Simply amazing. We will stay again!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank mrcollier07
Thank you for the many kind words! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and found Union Station to be so grand! Our staff work very hard to ensure a great stay that matches the awe of Union Station. Again, thank you for the review and we can't wait to welcome you back!
Middletown, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. I highly recommend. Staff was friendly, helpful, well above average in my experience. The room itself is mid range, 3 star hotel, but with the location in this beautifully restored Union Station and if you take the deal with the free breakfast buffet, I give it 5 stars. Overall, it's like getting a 4-5 star hotel for price of a 2-3 star. Pool has toys for kids to use, it's connected to a small mall with shopping and dining right there. Walking distance (less than a mile) to stadium and Arch, but also next to Metrolink train, that is cheap, frequent and easy travel to and from most major attractions.

Room Tip: Family Suite is two rooms connected, 1-room is a king bed with a living/sitting area/room 2 has two...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian M
Brian M,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel, staff and location in St. Louis. We are very close to the Metro Link and area attractions, like you mentioned! Our suites are very accomodating for a group of friends or family and we're glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet with your room price! Again, thank you for the review and we hope to welcome you again!